WI v PAK Test FL

All competitions - pit your wits against the rest :)

Re: WI v PAK Test FL

Postby mikesiva » Wed May 10, 2017 11:46 am

rich1uk wrote:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1chCTMbCZKwJDg7LsnpT9T4bbeJ-GoFzZyN_YO7LxjsI/edit#gid=0

BN takes an early lead, just ahead of the quisling Mike

:hide
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru
2014 Eng-SL combined fantasy guru
2014 chess mini-tournament guru
2017 Australian Open tennis guru
mikesiva

Team(s) Supported: First - West Indies
Joint Second - England, Sri Lanka

Postby hopeforthebest » Wed May 10, 2017 12:03 pm

rich1uk wrote:how hard can it be ?

on the left is each person playing with the 7 players they selected and i black out those that were either subs or not playing in that game, it adds up the 5 active players and gives a total for the test

in the tables in the middle it breaks down the XIs from each team into innings by innings scores and then totals it for the test

on the right is just the running totals for each FL team

all i would be doing is copying and pasting the info thats already there

Why do you have to be different from everyone else. So copy and paste please.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Postby rich1uk » Wed May 10, 2017 12:09 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:

on the left is each person playing with the 7 players they selected and i black out those that were either subs or not playing in that game, it adds up the 5 active players and gives a total for the test

in the tables in the middle it breaks down the XIs from each team into innings by innings scores and then totals it for the test

i'll run it the way i run it

if you aren't happy then take it over and i wont run any more

i do not take my instructions from you

all the information is available by clicking a link
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby hopeforthebest » Wed May 10, 2017 12:14 pm

rich1uk wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:

i'll run it the way i run it

if you aren't happy then take it over and i wont run any more

i do not take my instructions from you

all the information is available by clicking a link

Stop running them seems a good idea.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

hopeforthebest

Postby rich1uk » Wed May 10, 2017 12:14 pm

ok

will save me time

i assume you will take over the rest of this FL

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby mikesiva » Wed May 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:If this goes well Mike is going to vote Conservative in the election.

:lmao
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru
2014 Eng-SL combined fantasy guru
2014 chess mini-tournament guru
2017 Australian Open tennis guru
mikesiva

Team(s) Supported: First - West Indies
Joint Second - England, Sri Lanka

Postby meninblue » Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 pm

All the information is there. Player scores test wise, poster wise plus ranking.

The problem area is some players in top 5 miss games for some or other reason. So the reserves come into calculations and i have to do manual copy paste which is time wasting. How are you tackling this issue.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby rich1uk » Wed May 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Adi wrote:

All the information is there. Player scores test wise, poster wise plus ranking.

The problem area is some players in top 5 miss games for some or other reason. So the reserves come into calculations and i have to do manual copy paste which is time wasting. How are you tackling this issue.

i blackout the inactive players on my spreadsheet so i know which 5 players to award points to, the players who are blacked out then dont get counted in the total

not that its an issue any more as hope is taking over

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed May 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Rich posts the table on the site. Surely that's good enough?

Not that anyone asked me.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby meninblue » Wed May 10, 2017 2:37 pm

rich1uk wrote:
Adi wrote:

i blackout the inactive players on my spreadsheet so i know which 5 players to award points to, the players who are blacked out then dont get counted in the total

not that its an issue any more as hope is taking over

I am asking because i copy paste which is stupid work actually as i think excel offers lot more features and this time wasting manual work can be avoided. But i dont know the method of avoiding those missing players when i enter individual player scores.

What i want to do in my next FL is that i enter batting, fielding , bowling scores and using total formula to calculate total points. Once the player totals are ready, i will mark Not playing or fill color in cell against players who are not playing. The formula should be such that the excel sheet misses out the player marked not playing or colored cell and adds player scores against the remaining 5 players automatically. Then it becomes lot simpler.

Think excel must be capable of this as the requirement is basic and excel is much more advanced.
Last edited by meninblue on Wed May 10, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed May 10, 2017 2:37 pm

rich1uk wrote:not that its an issue any more as hope is taking over

Please carry on. What you are doing is fine.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby meninblue » Wed May 10, 2017 2:42 pm

It would be great if we have a template. We copy paste scorecard from cricinfo. It calculates all the player points and also assigns player points appropriately. Making such template would be time consuming but once done, if we just change selectors name and team in template and copy paste cricinfo scorecard in excel thats done. Seems like fantasy but who knows could be possible. But i like the spread sheet format because it still reduces lot of manual work drastically even though i do not have idea of the formula work in excel.
meninblue

Postby rich1uk » Wed May 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Adi wrote:
I am asking because i copy paste which is stupid work actually as i think excel offers lot more features and this time wasting manual work can be avoided. But i dont know the method of avoiding those missing players when i enter individual player scores.

What i want to do in my next FL is that i enter batting, fielding , bowling scores and using total formula to calculate total points. Once the player totals are ready, i will mark Not playing or fill color in cell against players who are not playing. The formula should be such that the excel sheet misses out the player marked not playing or colored cell and adds player scores against the remaining 5 players automatically. Then it becomes lot simpler.

Think excel must be capable of this as the requirement is basic and excel is much more advanced.

what i do is copy and paste the formula for the player's total from the match table into the FL team, so for players that are inactive there is nothing to copy over and just gets registered as a zero, it probably means a bit more copy and pasting than it could but once its done after the teams are confirmed everything else happens automatically

google docs is a bit more limited than excel, if i was using excel i think i could make it a bit slicker

if this was something i was doing all the time i would set something up in a database programme like Access but thats a bit of overkill for FLs with 10-20 people playing

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby rich1uk » Wed May 10, 2017 2:50 pm

Adi wrote:It would be great if we have a template. We copy paste scorecard from cricinfo. It calculates all the player points and also assigns player points appropriately. Making such template would be time consuming but once done, if we just change selectors name and team in template and copy paste cricinfo scorecard in excel thats done. Seems like fantasy but who knows could be possible. But i like the spread sheet format because it still reduces lot of manual work drastically even though i do not have idea of the formula work in excel.

i was typing my reply to your last post when you posted this

as i mentioned if it was something more serious i could set up a database that would do it all

you enter all the conditions and criteria as formulas then just have a data entry page that you would put the match info into and then a series of reports for scores

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby hopeforthebest » Wed May 10, 2017 2:57 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Rich posts the table on the site. Surely that's good enough?

Not that anyone asked me.

Knowing what the players individual scores are give a better chance to check errors which occasionally arise and if the info is easy to post why not post it. DFM has multiple FL's running at the same time and he has no problem with it.

hopeforthebest

PreviousNext

Return to The Games Room