CSA Provincial T20 Cup

All domestic T20 tournaments

CSA Provincial T20 Cup

Postby The Professor » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:08 pm

As our season grinds to a halt, it is to the South African domestic set up that I normally turn.

They start their season with a very quickfire T20 competition - every team played twice today.

Found myself watching a random game today and was impressed with Kelly Smuts. Something of a stalwart on the South African he was the main man for Eastern Province.

He was the hitter in chief for their opening victory against Boland in which he got 64 off 46 balls. He then backed that up a further 26 in the second game of the day to finish up 4th in the early highest run scorers league.

There is another full round of fixtures tomorrow.

`
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Re: CSA Provincial T20 Cup

Postby The Professor » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:17 pm

When I said they rush through games in this competition, I wasn't joking.

Thirty games in three days with two semi finals tomorrow and the final on Thursday.

Easterns (Pool A) Eastern Province (Pool B), Border (Pool C) and lucky loser Kwa-Zulu Natal Inland all make it through to the semis.

Border look in good form. Watched their game against North West today and my eye was caught by Lilitha Reed, seems a relative new comer as this was just his fourth game but got 4/17. Potential for the future maybe.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Return to T20 cricket