CB: Blanc
LB: ?
RM: Djemba-Djemba
CM: Kleberson
CM: Veron
LM: Bebe
ST: Bellion
ST: Dong

Honourable mentions to Manucho, Leighton, Milne, Hargreaves (though unlucky), and Young.

Bit harsh on Sabre there.... Veron was a world class midfielder, Sir Alex just didnt know how to use him.... understandable, cause at the time that pocket passing playmaker role was unheard of in even most European teams outside Italy,and is almost redundant in the UK even now.... more a speciality Argentine tactic that had suited Italian football in the 90's and 2000's.

I mean for all people bang on about Barcelona's style of play they did something similar at the same time, signing the breathtakingly brilliant passing machine Juan Roman Riquelme, but then played him on the wing or relegated him to the reserves.... strangely when he went to Villarreal later and stormed la liga they actually tried to sign him in 2008 again before Iniesta had established himself in the midfield because Barcelona had started to morph their play around Xavi, a man who actually took a leaf out of Riquelme's book and played in exactly the same way....

Actually I think Riquelme bossed a champions league tie vs Alex Ferguson when Villarreal knocked United out in about 2006 or 2007....
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Re: Fergie's Best

Postby mikesiva » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:33 pm

I look at things slightly differently....a lot of the players named were stars who did well in England but not so well under Ferguson in Europe. I believe that the best Ferguson team has to include players from his most successful team which I believe was his 1999 team....

So for that reason I have to include the overlooked strike pair of Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke who between them scored the bulk of the goals that carried Manchester United to the triple.
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru