Premiership 2014/2015

The beautiful game!

Re: Premiership 2014/2015

Postby sussexpob » Wed May 27, 2015 9:07 am

Rodgers was a total disaster at Reading, and his success at Swansea was, like I say, largely down to the foundations which were already in place when he arrived. Just as they have been for Laudrup and Monk too. He fluked his way into the Liverpool job, and was massively fortunate to have Suarez in his team last season. It's not just the purchases this year which were poor. Every purchase Liverpool have made since he became manager, with the exception of Sturridge and Coutinho, have been poor. I mean, Joe Allen, come on.

Agree with all points bar one, I really despise Rodgers and think he was lucky to join a team that had by far the best player in the league playing to a level that I don't think I have seen anyone match in the Premier League....

Don't agree with the comment about Monk though.... I think he has done really well at a time that Swansea could easily have appointed another man and dropped like a stone.

I real rate Monk actually ( I have stated this many times on here), love the way he sets up his sides to get the best out of every position. I hope/think he will be around the top in the next decade. Bit of investment in some areas and Swansea can push on to challenge guys like Southampton, maybe even Liverpool if they sign really well, for Europa Cup places.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed May 27, 2015 9:13 am

Talking of Liverpool managers. Dalglish has Sterling in his team of the year :shock:
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby st_brendy » Wed May 27, 2015 6:26 pm

Alviro Patterson wrote:6th place in the Premier League and FA Cup semi-finalists

Blimey, Liverpool fans don't half expect much do they? Most clubs in the Football League would love a season like that.

I don't know, you'd have to ask them.

As a Saints fan, I'm delighted with 7th place.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru
2014 Prem final placings prediction guru

Thanks for everything Pothas. You'll be missed. My nickname for you was apt and I will never forget it. For the last time, arise Sir Nic.
st_brendy

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed May 27, 2015 6:36 pm

st_brendy wrote:
Alviro Patterson wrote:6th place in the Premier League and FA Cup semi-finalists

Blimey, Liverpool fans don't half expect much do they? Most clubs in the Football League would love a season like that.

I don't know, you'd have to ask them.

As a Saints fan, I'm delighted with 7th place.

From 2nd to 6th though. Losing Suarez and replacing him with Balotelli is similar to losing Bolt in your relay team, and getting the British number 5. That and Sturridge being injured haven't helped.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby yuppie » Sat May 30, 2015 10:48 pm

Villas last three results have not been good. 11 goals conceded and loosing to Burnley amongst that.

Has the Sherwood bubble burst? Villa did not look that great today, certainly did not look worthy of FA cup finalist and in some ways 4-0 was a good result for them.

Sherwood now has the summer to mold a team to his liking. There are some good players there in Delph, Benteke, Agbonlahor, Given and Grealish looks a good player though he has had a bad game today.

Sherwood does not lack doubt in his abilities as a manager but today he seemed out of his league. He kept Villa up when he took over, but the last few games Villa looked like they could not defend at all.

He has the summer to build a defense, and he seems like he has accepted that Benteke will leave. Is Sherwood just all Hype?
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby st_brendy » Sat May 30, 2015 11:04 pm

Very, very, very early days of course, but Sherwood is already positioning himself as Harry's heir.

All hype, good media person, no tactical ability.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru
2014 Prem final placings prediction guru

Thanks for everything Pothas. You'll be missed. My nickname for you was apt and I will never forget it. For the last time, arise Sir Nic.
st_brendy

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby yuppie » Sat May 30, 2015 11:43 pm

st_brendy wrote:Very, very, very early days of course, but Sherwood is already positioning himself as Harry's heir.

All hype, good media person, no tactical ability.

So far that does seem to be the case. But this is the first time he has had the summer to try and build a squad.

Judging from today he needs to work on defense.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Previous

Return to Football Forum