Premiership 2014/2015

The beautiful game!

Re: Premiership 2013/2014

Postby SaintPowelly » Mon May 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Scudamore will have no punishment for his sexist and offensive e-mails, pathetic from the Premier League, he should of lost his job.
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Mon May 19, 2014 7:53 pm

sussexpob wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:I hope the former does move on because we stand to get 25% of his transfer fee.

Id like to see that one pass through the courts. To say the value of taking a 12 year old pre teen from another centre of excellence is £5 million pounds is quite extraordinary. I doubt that, when the FA tribunal set that amount, they had any idea that Lallana would become a full international, and if he did, who is to say that is anything to do with the Cherries input?

Its ridiculous in all fairness.... Lallana would probably be a league two player had he remained there, I cant see why a young child with hardly any footballing education should have to be paid for at such a price, especially when he wasn't even under a youth contract at the Cherries, by all accounts.

So he goes to the best youth academy in the country, becomes a brilliant player, but that costs that team a huge sum of money.... and we are told what we need is more Reserve Leagues to get the best out of our youth?

Its ironic that Southampton could have benefited from exactly the same sell on clause when Bale went to Real Madrid. Sadly they cashed it in when they were short of cash a few years ago.

Good luck to Bournemouth i say, there must be stacks of these kinds of agreements floating around the world of football, 99% never amount to anything much, but once in a blue moon it pays off as with Lallana. Stuff the fact that he left at age 12, the clause was inserted and i very much doubt anyone would challenge it in the courts. Probably three years ago Bournemouth would have agreed a reduced cut just to get a bit of cash in, but today with a shrewd wealthy owner they can hold out for the full whack.
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby SaintPowelly » Mon May 19, 2014 7:58 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:
sussexpob wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:I hope the former does move on because we stand to get 25% of his transfer fee.

Id like to see that one pass through the courts. To say the value of taking a 12 year old pre teen from another centre of excellence is £5 million pounds is quite extraordinary. I doubt that, when the FA tribunal set that amount, they had any idea that Lallana would become a full international, and if he did, who is to say that is anything to do with the Cherries input?

Its ridiculous in all fairness.... Lallana would probably be a league two player had he remained there, I cant see why a young child with hardly any footballing education should have to be paid for at such a price, especially when he wasn't even under a youth contract at the Cherries, by all accounts.

So he goes to the best youth academy in the country, becomes a brilliant player, but that costs that team a huge sum of money.... and we are told what we need is more Reserve Leagues to get the best out of our youth?

Its ironic that Southampton could have benefited from exactly the same sell on clause when Bale went to Real Madrid. Sadly they cashed it in when they were short of cash a few years ago.

Good luck to Bournemouth i say, there must be stacks of these kinds of agreements floating around the world of football, 99% never amount to anything much, but once in a blue moon it pays off as with Lallana. Stuff the fact that he left at age 12, the clause was inserted and i very much doubt anyone would challenge it in the courts. Probably three years ago Bournemouth would have agreed a reduced cut just to get a bit of cash in, but today with a shrewd wealthy owner they can hold out for the full whack.

The Bale clause has been denied by people who were at Southampton at the time, so not sure if its true or not, I'd like to think its not. There certainly isn't any proof it happened.

I think with the Lallana case it wasn't a clause agreed by the 2 clubs, but a thing set by a tribunal type deal/ FA rules for anyone under a certain age moving.

I'm still confident he won't leave, so it shouldn't be an issue.
SaintPowelly

Premiership 2013/2014

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Mon May 19, 2014 8:02 pm

Alot might depend on his performances at the World Cup if he plays that is.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby SaintPowelly » Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 pm

I don't think he will WANT to leave, he has been thoroughly mis-quoted in the press, he was asked about his own and Southamptons ambitions going forward and he said "I'd love to play in the Champions League someday" and the press print it as "Lallana wants to join Liverpool"

Both himself and his parents are Southampton fans and have been season ticket holders for numerous years, he is captain, well paid, has a young baby.

If we were relegated it would be a different story but I can't see the incentive to warm Liverpools bench
SaintPowelly

Postby SaintPowelly » Mon May 19, 2014 9:33 pm

something is going on at Southampton, Jason Dodd and Paul Williams ( u21 manager and assistant ) both sacked, no official update and club say they will give one "soon"

Hopefully its a case of Poch wanting his own people bought in to work under him, and hes signed a new deal.
SaintPowelly

Postby Aidan11 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:51 am

Ashley Cole is leaving Chelsea.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby sussexpob » Tue May 20, 2014 9:40 am

Stuff the fact that he left at age 12, the clause was inserted and i very much doubt anyone would challenge it in the courts.

I would think that Southampton might be tempted to see what the court thinks of them being charged £5 million for signing a pre teen who's age meant he wasn't even introduced to 11 a side consistent matches, and Chelsea being charged £3.5 million to sign Sturridge, a 19/20 year old who already had premier league goals to his name and had played in approximately half the league games that season for a top level Premier League club.

The fact is the PFCC didn't have a set criteria for their judgements, and this was the main reason the PFCC no longer exists. Under the FIFA guidelines and the new FA rules, Bournemouth would have got about £3000.

All the laws require you to set a compensation amount for training costs, especially at that age. With Bournemouth a debt ridden League Two side for much of the 2000's (they went into administration didn't they? Certainly remember buying a Bournemouth badge at a Brighton game to support their cause), I doubt the 18k plus extra 3k Southampton paid for Lallana was not in itself way above the training costs Bournemouth had inputted. I doubt even Man United are spending 21k pounds for every 11 year old they have on their books (In fact, Zeki Fyers training compensation was only set at a fraction of that when deciding his compensation to Standard Liege)....

To go further, you could even talk about Gael Kakuta. When he went to Chelsea the CAS essentially said, no professional contract, no nothing. Chelsea ended up getting France's highest rated teenager for a few quid..... it was such a good deal, they ended up voluntarily giving Lens more money to cheer them up.

I think a legal challenge would be something Southampton must consider, surely? Most issues that end in the CAS with this end very successfully.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Tue May 20, 2014 11:58 am

A legal challenge would be great PR. Premier league side reneging on an agreement to deprive a football league side of a few quid as the gap between the fat cats of the upper echelon and the rest widen. We can do alot with 5 million, small change in the codpiece of a top ten premier league side.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby SaintPowelly » Tue May 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Aidan11 wrote:Ashley Cole is leaving Chelsea.

I'd take him at Saints for a year if Shaw goes. But I doubt wages would be close to agreeable and he will go to USA/China
SaintPowelly

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Tue May 20, 2014 12:28 pm

He's certainly been trying to raise his media profile recently. First he's retiring from international football then he's leaving Chelsea. What next, he's getting back with Cheryl?
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby Aidan11 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:32 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:

He's certainly been trying to raise his media profile recently. First he's retiring from international football then he's leaving Chelsea. What next, he's getting back with Cheryl?

I remember when he almost crashed his car in disgust because he wanted a pay rise and was "only" offered £55,000 a week.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Tue May 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Aidan11 wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:

I remember when he almost crashed his car in disgust because he wanted a pay rise and was "only" offered £55,000 a week.

He does have the spoilt brat, toys out the pram demeanour about him. It may well have overshadowed his achievements as a player for me and as a result i have looked at the negative sides of his game more than his undoubted qualities......never scoring for England and having an embarrassingly bad right foot come to mind.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby SaintPowelly » Tue May 20, 2014 1:02 pm

Shooting that kid with an air rifle wasn't his finest moment.
SaintPowelly

Postby sussexpob » Tue May 20, 2014 1:08 pm

On this note, apparently Yaya Toure is considering leaving Man City because the owners of the club "tweeded" him and sent a card, instead of shaking his hand.....

:lmao
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

PreviousNext

Return to Football Forum