Football league 2014/15

The beautiful game!

Re: Football league 2014/15

Postby yuppie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:43 am

Forest were very lucky last night after being totally outplayed for the first 70 minutes.

Assombalonga looks a good buy at 5mil+ and seems to work well with Fryatt. Cohen needs to go back to LB and will do once the injured Midfielders come back.

Nice to have some strikers who can score goals and also get wins when not deserved. Thats top 6 material :clap

Bournemouth look a very good team, this years Burnley?
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby sussexpob » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:59 am

yuppie wrote:Forest were very lucky last night after being totally outplayed for the first 70 minutes.

Assombalonga looks a good buy at 5mil+ and seems to work well with Fryatt. Cohen needs to go back to LB and will do once the injured Midfielders come back.

Nice to have some strikers who can score goals and also get wins when not deserved. Thats top 6 material :clap

Lost their best player to Norwich though in Lewis Grabban, who has now scored 3 times in 2 matches. Not sure they have enough quality through the team to go that far.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby yuppie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:09 am

sussexpob wrote:
yuppie wrote:Forest were very lucky last night after being totally outplayed for the first 70 minutes.

Lost their best player to Norwich though in Lewis Grabban, who has now scored 3 times in 2 matches. Not sure they have enough quality through the team to go that far.

I said the same about Burnley last year in that they did not have the depth to maintain a decent run at promotion. But they managed to stay injury free and kept getting results. Bournemouth just need to make the most of their possesion and get a bit more of cutting edge.

Dean court is going to be a tough place for teams to get a result at this season.
yuppie

Postby Aidan11 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:39 am

We're doomed. :(
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:14 am

Complete opposite of the game on Saturday where we were pretty poor but scraped a win.

I was thinking the same as you about the possibility of being this years Burnley and not only because of the Eddie Howe connections. To be honest survival in the Championship is still first and foremost but expectations/ambition for most supporters at the club this year is to squeak into the playoffs.
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:19 am

sussexpob wrote:

His replacement Callum Wilson is also on three goals.

Most Bournemouth supporters were disappointed to see Grabban go but not devastated. He has been a good player for us over the past three seasons and has contributed his fair share of goals, but I wouldn't have said he was our best player. We haven't really got stand out players, just alot of good quality players that on their day gel into a high quality passing unit.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby yuppie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:46 am

budgetmeansbudget wrote:

Complete opposite of the game on Saturday where we were pretty poor but scraped a win.

I was thinking the same as you about the possibility of being this years Burnley and not only because of the Eddie Howe connections. To be honest survival in the Championship is still first and foremost but expectations/ambition for most supporters at the club this year is to squeak into the playoffs.

Certainly played good football last night. Just maintaining that for the season will be tough. But from the little i saw, lots of positives for you guys. Would think there would be no concerns about relegation at all.
yuppie

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:53 am

yuppie wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:

Certainly played good football last night. Just maintaining that for the season will be tough. But from the little i saw, lots of positives for you guys. Would think there would be no concerns about relegation at all.

The Championship is such an unpredictable division, many people had Burnley down as possible relegation candidates last season. I didn't go last night so can't really comment about your guys but you appear to be in good shape to stay in the top six for the rest of the season and probably end up in the top two.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby yuppie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:05 am

budgetmeansbudget wrote:
yuppie wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:

The Championship is such an unpredictable division, many people had Burnley down as possible relegation candidates last season. I didn't go last night so can't really comment about your guys but you appear to be in good shape to stay in the top six for the rest of the season and probably end up in the top two.

We finally have some strikers, and when Lansbury, Vaughan and Wilson(if his injuries are ever fixed) are back we should be looking pretty good. Left side looks weak, but getting results with a team still to gel, and a new manager finding his way, its looking good at present. But as you say the championship is so unpredicatble.
yuppie

Postby sussexpob » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:21 am

yuppie wrote:Assombalonga looks a good buy at 5mil+ and seems to work well with Fryatt.

Mentioned before, my brother lives in Peterborough and goes to the Posh as a regular. Him and his friends didn't rate Britt as that great an all round player, but said if he got chances he put them away. When I have seen him all he did was dive for 90 minutes, and very badly. When looking on the Posh forums, they weren't particularly bothered about losing him, and most people seemed to indicate they would rather have kept Dwight Gayle, and everyone seems to agree Taylor was the biggest recent loss. And Taylor hasn't got near the Ipswich first team, and currently on loan at Rotherham.

He is young, came with a big price tag. Judging on the comments, if Forest can create chances and combine him with a guy that does the leg work, he will smash the ball in the net for fun. If they cant get him service, he wont do much himself.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby sussexpob » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:23 am

We finally have some strikers, and when Lansbury, Vaughan and Wilson(if his injuries are ever fixed) are back we should be looking pretty good. Left side looks weak, but getting results with a team still to gel, and a new manager finding his way, its looking good at present. But as you say the championship is so unpredicatble.

Henri Lansbury is a real quality player, I never understood why he is in the Championship. By memory, he had a successful loan spell at Norwich when at Arsenal, and he rejected them on a permanent basis because he considered them (still in the PL at the time) to be below his ambitions.

He would be on the top of my "just been promoted, who can we buy" list if I was Burnley or Leicester.

sussexpob

Postby yuppie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:39 pm

sussexpob wrote:

Henri Lansbury is a real quality player, I never understood why he is in the Championship. By memory, he had a successful loan spell at Norwich when at Arsenal, and he rejected them on a permanent basis because he considered them (still in the PL at the time) to be below his ambitions.

He would be on the top of my "just been promoted, who can we buy" list if I was Burnley or Leicester.

Burnley have been sniffing around. Its probably helped that he has been injured and has a long term deal. Forest would not sell for less than 5 mil and dont need to sell at the moment after selling Darlow and Lascellas to Newcastle. Hopefully he stays, and can play in the Premiership with us next year. If we dont go up, he will be off
Last edited by yuppie on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuppie

Postby SaintPowelly » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:41 pm

sussexpob wrote:

You answered your own question in your post. his ego.
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

Postby yuppie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:45 pm

SaintPowelly wrote:
sussexpob wrote:

You answered your own question in your post. his ego.

He has been kicking up a fuss over new players getting more than him as well recently. And to be fair hes probably right. There is a new contract on the table for him, hopefully he signs. Lansbury, Reid and Mancienne could be a great midfield combination in this division.
yuppie

Postby SaintPowelly » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:52 pm

Mancienne, midfield ?? he used to be a right back, then a centre back.
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Forum