Aidan11 wrote:
Dr Robert wrote:
Aidan11 wrote:Hockaday gone.

No complete surprise there.

Deserved a bit longer. Who now?

Who'd want it?

Steve Kean :twisted:
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Re: Football league 2014/15

Postby yuppie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:10 pm

Top of the league for the international break.

Forest are sitting pretty, but once again a lucky result away from home. Getting results like that and playing well at home is good form for teams chasing promotion.

Lansbury on the score sheet again. Welcome addition after his injury problems.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby Gingerfinch » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:06 pm

yuppie wrote:Top of the league for the international break.

Forest are sitting pretty, but once again a lucky result away from home. Getting results like that and playing well at home is good form for teams chasing promotion.

Lansbury on the score sheet again. Welcome addition after his injury problems.

Hung on a bit, by the looks of it. A mixture of good defending, and luck, plus having the ability to score, which is what it's all about.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby sussexpob » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:40 pm

Forest are going to be right up there by the looks, but a lot in this league comes down to getting through the crunch of games. A few injuries to some squads can kill a promotion run, have they got the 25 man depth?

Brighton had another fine weekend :/
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby yuppie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:21 am

sussexpob wrote:Forest are going to be right up there by the looks, but a lot in this league comes down to getting through the crunch of games. A few injuries to some squads can kill a promotion run, have they got the 25 man depth?

For me I think Forest have pretty good depth. Arguably our best player has just returned from injury, and we still have a few players to return who will strengthen the first team. We have not played well away from home, and have got results. Way to early but for some reason with Pearce back, I am feeling slightly confident. And thats the first time since Paul Hart was manager :scared

We will know how much we have improved against Derby, it cant be worse than the 5-0 drubbing we got last year.
yuppie

Postby sussexpob » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:46 am

yuppie wrote:
sussexpob wrote:Forest are going to be right up there by the looks, but a lot in this league comes down to getting through the crunch of games. A few injuries to some squads can kill a promotion run, have they got the 25 man depth?

For me I think Forest have pretty good depth. Arguably our best player has just returned from injury, and we still have a few players to return who will strengthen the first team. We have not played well away from home, and have got results. Way to early but for some reason with Pearce back, I am feeling slightly confident. And thats the first time since Paul Hart was manager :scared

We will know how much we have improved against Derby, it cant be worse than the 5-0 drubbing we got last year.

Tough game indeed, especially with it being a "Derby". Forest have managed to cobble together some very good players for this division, so as I said, you expect them to be up there.

Games come thick and fast though, especially around December to January, so until you get out of that period of the season not sure you can make an assessment about where anyone stands for the end of the year. Because there is so little gap, you tend to find some teams that lose momentum can be punished.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:51 am

Pearce strikes me as a manager who will get the best out of players short term, but whose passion, and ways might wear thin after a couple of months. To be honest, I loved the player, but not the manager. If Forest go up, then I'll edit this post.
Gingerfinch

Postby SaintPowelly » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:52 am

From a neutral perspective, it looks so open this year, Norwich look decent and added a few on deadline day, but I wouldn't look past anyone ( except Blackpool ). Take a team like Bournemouth, I wouldn't be shocked if they won the league, nor would I be surprised if they came 14th.
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

Postby yuppie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:27 am

Aye, its a great league the Championship
yuppie

Postby Alviro Patterson » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Huddersfield Town on the verge of appointing Chris Powell as manager
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby Aidan11 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:01 am

2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby yuppie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:23 am

Aidan11 wrote:Could do worse I suppose -

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update ... nited-job/

:laugh :laugh

quick make him chairman
yuppie

Postby Gingerfinch » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:54 am

Taking my boy to watch Wycombe for the first time tomorrow. Bury at home isn't the biggest game of the season, but I hope they bring a couple of hundred down. I hope he enjoys it. Boredom may set in by the second half......for him as well.
Gingerfinch

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Dr Robert wrote:Taking my boy to watch Wycombe for the first time tomorrow. Bury at home isn't the biggest game of the season, but I hope they bring a couple of hundred down. I hope he enjoys it. Boredom may set in by the second half......for him as well.

Good luck with that DR, he should get in free, up to eights free at Dean Court. My seven year old son shows absolutely no interest at all in attending any Bournemouth games yet, to be honest he's not really that bothered with kicking balls about in the garden, he's much more into dragons and ninja.

Took my eldest daughter a couple of years back to three or four games, and even signed her up as a junior cherry to get reduced priced tickets. First game she was really into it, well the swearing at the away supporters at least with the rest of the mindless yobbos! After three or four games she got bored and spent most of the ninety minutes making videos of herself, the game and reactions of other spectators on her phone with running commentary. Videos were actually very entertaining to watch back but needless to say I refused to waste any more money on her lack of interest and she hasn't been since.
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby Gingerfinch » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:30 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:
Dr Robert wrote:Taking my boy to watch Wycombe for the first time tomorrow. Bury at home isn't the biggest game of the season, but I hope they bring a couple of hundred down. I hope he enjoys it. Boredom may set in by the second half......for him as well.

Good luck with that DR, he should get in free, up to eights free at Dean Court. My seven year old son shows absolutely no interest at all in attending any Bournemouth games yet, to be honest he's not really that bothered with kicking balls about in the garden, he's much more into dragons and ninja.

Took my eldest daughter a couple of years back to three or four games, and even signed her up as a junior cherry to get reduced priced tickets. First game she was really into it, well the swearing at the away supporters at least with the rest of the mindless yobbos! After three or four games she got bored and spent most of the ninety minutes making videos of herself, the game and reactions of other spectators on her phone with running commentary. Videos were actually very entertaining to watch back but needless to say I refused to waste any more money on her lack of interest and she hasn't been since.

Cheers Budget.

I'm thinking he's a bit young, and his attention span might be tested. We are going with a friend and his son, so they should keep each other company if and when they get bored. He loves playing Football outside, but watching for 90 minutes is a bit different.
Gingerfinch

PreviousNext

Return to Football Forum