Premiership 2015/2016

The beautiful game!

Re: Premiership 2015/2016

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Wed May 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Aidan11 wrote:Fairly easy for Utd tonight.

Quite a lot of empty seats.

From what I saw of it, we were terrible. In fact the last quarter of the season we have been well under par.

Did well to stay up but need a few signings in the summer to add more midfield creativity and some quality at centre back. Then there's replacing any players that we may be enticed into selling!

The club have announced they have postponed the stadium expansion so not sure I'll be eligible to get any tickets next season.
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby yuppie » Wed May 18, 2016 2:37 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:
Aidan11 wrote:Fairly easy for Utd tonight.

Quite a lot of empty seats.

From what I saw of it, we were terrible. In fact the last quarter of the season we have been well under par.

Did well to stay up but need a few signings in the summer to add more midfield creativity and some quality at centre back. Then there's replacing any players that we may be enticed into selling!

The club have announced they have postponed the stadium expansion so not sure I'll be eligible to get any tickets next season.

With next years bumber windfall from the TV money i don't see why you guys should have to cash in on any players, unless there are some crazy offers put in.

Also seems strange that with the extra money coming in, that the stadium is not to get redeveloped. seems the perfect time to do it. Your not worried a Blackpool might be happening, with owners running off with all the extra cash windfall?
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Wed May 18, 2016 2:52 pm

The stumbling block is that the club doesn't own the ground, so I guess they've decided to try and negotiate a purchase before they expand. Begs the question why they announced the plans had been put in for planning permission a few months ago.

Some people think the ground owners are asking an over inflated price because of Bournemouth being in the Premier League, and others believe the land is potential building land for houses, although I think it designated sports buildings only.

The club bought the Athletics stadium a while back which about 400 yards from the stadium and may decide to try and build a new stadium on that site if the owners try to hike the price of the stadium too high.

Something must have happened recently to prompt this development, and I don't think it's avoiding the drops, as the expansion plans were publicised when survival had just about been assured.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:37 pm

sussexpob wrote:I really like Neil a lot. He will manage a Champions League team in his career

Got a way to go, looks like he's about to be sacked by Norwich!
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Previous

Return to Football Forum