2015/16 Prospects

The beautiful game!

2015/16 Prospects

Postby Alviro Patterson » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:25 pm

With the football season only a matter of days and the fans optimism at it's highest, how do you feel your club will fare in the 2015/16 campaign?

How do you think your club will do in each major competition?

Who will be the key player and why?

Who will be top goalscorer?

Which youngster will emerge?

Biggest weakness?

Biggest Strengths?

Player you hope will do well?
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Re: 2015/16 Prospects

Postby rich1uk » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:33 pm

I think with the current state of my old home town team I could answer "trialist" for most of those questions
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby andy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:00 pm

Alviro Patterson wrote:With the football season only a matter of days and the fans optimism at it's highest, how do you feel your club will fare in the 2015/16 campaign?

mid table in the league... would love a decent cup run

Sakho: we need his goals

Sakho

Aaron Cresswell.... again

Biggest weakness?

lack of another goal-scorer

Biggest Strengths?

Defence and keeper

Sakho

2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby Alviro Patterson » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:41 pm

League 1: Top 6 - missed out last season due to injuries, a dodgy pitch and an energy sapping FA Cup run. With a stronger squad on paper (albeit not yet complete) and major work done on the pich, then the playoffs should be achievable.

League Cup: Round 1 - I think York are capable of causing an upset.

Johnstone Paints Trophy: Round 2 - the North section is ridiculously strong and I feel Bradford won't prioritise the competition.

FA Cup: Round 3 - Eventually out to a Premier League team.

Steve Davies - his career stuttered at Blackpool, but if he can find his Championship prowess and be amongst the goals then Bradford are capable of challenging for automatic promotion.

Good question as Bradford have no out and out striker as such, i'll go with Billy Clarke.

Matt James - season long loan striker from Peterborough, who was signed from Hartlepool for £500k. Highly thought of, but just hasn't quite adapted to the next step up. Maybe being at a club closer to home will help his game.

Biggest weakness?
Goalkeeper position - only one senior player at present and the jury is still out on Ben Williams. The replacement for previous loanee Jordan Pickford seems unknown, bar Jussi Jaskealinen. I just hope it's not some random u21 Premier League keeper who is there for development reasons rather than achieving promotion (unless if it's Sam Johnstone)

Biggest Strengths?
Midfield - Gary Liddle, Billy Knott, Josh Morris from Blackburn, Paul Anderson from Ipswich, Mark Marshall from Port Vale and Filipe Morais to come back from injury next year.

Stephen Darby
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby dan08 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Manchester United.

PL - 2nd
UCL - QF
FA - Winners
COC - QF

Probably been slightly optimistic. But the squad is good enough to win a trophy and there's no reason why we can't finish above Arsenal and Man City.

Pedro (presuming he signs which seems almost certain). Good team player who will create lots of chances. Will also be required to chip in with some goals seeing as the club are going for him instead of an out and out striker. Similarly, i expect Memphis will be just as key on the opposite wing.

Memphis Depay. Good eye for goal and should be able to top Rooney if he plays to his potential.

Andreas Pereira. Exciting creative midfielder. He'll be competing against quite a few other players but he should get some opportunities throughout the season.

Biggest weakness?
Has to be central defence. Smalling, Blind, Rojo etc are all alright but not on the same level as a CB we could have signed like Otamendi, Ramos etc. Still could sign a CB but i don't think we will. Up front is a bit of an issue with only Rooney, Hernandez, Wilson but we do have lots of wingers and midfielders who can contribute so i think we'll have just about enough firepower presuming there's no injuries.

Biggest Strengths?
Difficult to say. If De Gea stays you could easily say the keeper position. But i'll go with central midfield - looks excellent with Schweinsteiger, Carrick, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Mata etc. Full backs and wingers also pretty good.

Memphis Depay. Got high hopes for him. May well be the best player of his age in the league.
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby ntini77 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Manchester City

PL - A disappointing fourth, with us languishing behind Chelsea, United and Arsenal.
CL - Group Phase
CC - Semi-finals
FA - Last 16

Aguero. When fully fit and firing he's unquestionably the best striker in the league.

Aguero.

Kelechi Iheanacho has been earmarked for great things. Incidentally, reports are emerging that he is to be our fourth choice striker.

Biggest weakness?

Our defence. Kompany and Zabaleta appear to be past their best, and Mangala is an accident waiting to happen. We need reinforcements in this area!

Biggest Strengths?

Creativity. With Silva's wizardry, Yaya's power and Sterling's explosiveness we should be creating plenty of chances.

Bony. After his disappointing displays in the latter half of last season, he desperately needs to improve.
"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious *modded*."

2009 The Ashes Prediction League Guru
NZ-Pak Tests prediction guru
2010 NZ-Aust Combined Prediction league guru
2011-2012 Premiership final placings guru
2013 SA-Pak ODIs prediction guru
2013 Masters golf prediction guru
2014 WI-NZ Tests fantasy guru
ntini77

Team(s) Supported: West Indies, Barbados, Kent, Man City

Postby SaintPowelly » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Prem- 9th
Europa - Knockouts
FA Cup 5th Round
League Cup - Quarters

Sadio Mane - so quick, good eye for goal

Pelle

Matty Targett, very good left back, an injury to Bertrand will see him start the season

Biggest weakness?

Squad depth, coping with ( potentially ) Thursday night football

Biggest Strengths?

Jay Rod being fit, Creativity of Mane and Tadic

All of them, particularly Jay Rod after 15 months out
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

Postby yuppie » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:37 pm

Nottingham Forest

CH -10th
UCL - hahahahaha
FA - 3rd round. Never take cups seriously
COC - See above

Andy Reid, sadly will be injured again for most of the season. So Antonio if still at Forest will be expected to score and create goals

A really good question. Britt if he has another good season but Dexter Blackstock is back after multiple injury problems and is a very good striker at this level. Dougie seems to like him as well. Can see Britt being sold due to FFP

Ben Osbourne was last years youngster t come through. Will be interesting to see if he can take the next step, which would mean becoming one of the best midfielders in the league. This year hoping that Tyler Walker comes through. Tylers dad is Des, you'll never beat Des Walker.

Biggest weakness?
So many here. Injuries to start with. 2 of our best players Gardner and Reid cant play more than half a season it would appear. That's more than Kelvin Wilson i guess, but slightly less the Fryatt. On top of this we have an owner who sacks managers about every 6 months, and a supporter base who are not patient. Oh, we also have FFP penalties, and are probably on the way to being the worst run team in the country. Thank god for Leeds United though they might be better placed than us at the end of this season. I have a feeling that Forest is going to go bust, big time.

Biggest Strengths?
We do have some good players, and some youth coming through. If we stay injury free, we have a very good squad, that should finish top 6. If we stay injury free..........

Ben Osbourne, predicted he would break into the team last season, and he ended up being our best midfielder.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Return to Football Forum