Black football managers

The beautiful game!

Re: Black football managers

Postby yuppie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:06 pm

Always thought Des Walker would have made a good manager.

When he came back to Forest under Paul Hart i thought it was because he was taking his coaching badges and would then go into management. Still seen around the club, but no idea in what capacity
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
User avatar
yuppie
 
Posts: 12139
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: Lund, Sweden
Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Re: Black football managers

Postby SaintPowelly » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 pm

sussexpob wrote:Carlton Palmer scares people in their baths


:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly
 
Posts: 18329
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:54 pm
Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

Re: Black football managers

Postby Aidan11 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:12 pm

According to this he's a lorry driver.

http://www.premierleagueheroes.co.uk/de ... 4549820697
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
User avatar
Aidan11
 
Posts: 48483
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Re: Black football managers

Postby yuppie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Aidan11 wrote:According to this he's a lorry driver.

http://www.premierleagueheroes.co.uk/de ... 4549820697



Heard those rumours before, but thought they were just a urban myth
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
User avatar
yuppie
 
Posts: 12139
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: Lund, Sweden
Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Re: Black football managers

Postby yuppie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:22 pm

Slightly off topic, but England would love to have someone of Walkers calibre at the back for them now. At his best he was brilliant. Never did quite adapt when he lost his speed.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
User avatar
yuppie
 
Posts: 12139
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: Lund, Sweden
Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Re: Black football managers

Postby sussexpob » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:26 pm

yuppie wrote:Always thought Des Walker would have made a good manager.

When he came back to Forest under Paul Hart i thought it was because he was taking his coaching badges and would then go into management. Still seen around the club, but no idea in what capacity


No, he came out and said when Pearce took the job recently, that he didn't want to go into management, and felt Pearce was risking his legacy as a player by doing it.

I might be confusing him with someone else, but didn't Des also struggle with the booze?
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob
 
Posts: 23707
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 pm
Location: Asker, Norway
Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Re: Black football managers

Postby Gingerfinch » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:27 pm

yuppie wrote:Slightly off topic, but England would love to have someone of Walkers calibre at the back for them now. At his best he was brilliant. Never did quite adapt when he lost his speed.


Was great at Italia 90. "You'll never beat des walker"
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
User avatar
Gingerfinch
 
Posts: 19365
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:18 pm
Location: Oxford
Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Re: Black football managers

Postby sussexpob » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:28 pm

yuppie wrote:Slightly off topic, but England would love to have someone of Walkers calibre at the back for them now. At his best he was brilliant. Never did quite adapt when he lost his speed.


Very traditional player by memory. I remember when Rio Ferdinand came through a lot of people made reference to Ferdinand being of a new generation, because he could also play with the ball at his feet and pass, while the generation before were simply stoppers.

Very good player for his time.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob
 
Posts: 23707
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 pm
Location: Asker, Norway
Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Re: Black football managers

Postby yuppie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:37 pm

sussexpob wrote:
yuppie wrote:Always thought Des Walker would have made a good manager.

When he came back to Forest under Paul Hart i thought it was because he was taking his coaching badges and would then go into management. Still seen around the club, but no idea in what capacity


No, he came out and said when Pearce took the job recently, that he didn't want to go into management, and felt Pearce was risking his legacy as a player by doing it.

I might be confusing him with someone else, but didn't Des also struggle with the booze?



Not sure he did with the booze. Certainly Webb and Hodge did in that forest team, but not sure on Des.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
User avatar
yuppie
 
Posts: 12139
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: Lund, Sweden
Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Re: Black football managers

Postby sussexpob » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:52 pm

yuppie wrote:
sussexpob wrote:
yuppie wrote:Always thought Des Walker would have made a good manager.

When he came back to Forest under Paul Hart i thought it was because he was taking his coaching badges and would then go into management. Still seen around the club, but no idea in what capacity


No, he came out and said when Pearce took the job recently, that he didn't want to go into management, and felt Pearce was risking his legacy as a player by doing it.

I might be confusing him with someone else, but didn't Des also struggle with the booze?



Not sure he did with the booze. Certainly Webb and Hodge did in that forest team, but not sure on Des.


No indeed, it was Paul Mcgrath I was thinking off.... another brilliant CB of his day
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob
 
Posts: 23707
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 pm
Location: Asker, Norway
Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Re: Black football managers

Postby Gingerfinch » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Didn't Fergie kick McGrath out because of his booze issues? Funnily enough, he was better for Villa than Utd.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
User avatar
Gingerfinch
 
Posts: 19365
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:18 pm
Location: Oxford
Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Re: Black football managers

Postby sussexpob » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Dr Robert wrote:Didn't Fergie kick McGrath out because of his booze issues? Funnily enough, he was better for Villa than Utd.



Not sure it was like that, Ferguson respected Ferguson as a top player and tried to convince him to retire to seek help for the booze, and was prepared to offer him a comfortable retirement package, but McGrath refused it, and Ferguson got rid of him.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob
 
Posts: 23707
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 pm
Location: Asker, Norway
Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Re: Black football managers

Postby yuppie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Dr Robert wrote:
yuppie wrote:Slightly off topic, but England would love to have someone of Walkers calibre at the back for them now. At his best he was brilliant. Never did quite adapt when he lost his speed.


Was great at Italia 90. "You'll never beat des walker"


Remember being at the City ground when Walker was playing for Wednesday. The whole ground started singing "You'll never beat des walker" Amazing really, the smirk from des and the applause he gave the crowd was worth the admission alone
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
User avatar
yuppie
 
Posts: 12139
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: Lund, Sweden
Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Re: Black football managers

Postby yuppie » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:07 am

Hasselbank named manager of Burton.

Spent time at Forest as a coach, sadly for him most of it was under Billy Davies.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30003191
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
User avatar
yuppie
 
Posts: 12139
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: Lund, Sweden
Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Re: Black football managers

Postby Gingerfinch » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:25 am

It looks like he has followed McClaren around a bit.

Good luck to him, though not too much, as Burton are not too far behind Wycombe.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
User avatar
Gingerfinch
 
Posts: 19365
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:18 pm
Location: Oxford
Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

PreviousNext

Return to Football Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron