Racism in English football?

The beautiful game!

Re: Racism in English football?

Postby sussexpob » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:44 pm

mikesiva wrote:'Bradford City will consider a life ban if a fan arrested for alleged racial abuse of Reading midfielder Garath McCleary is found guilty. Bradford chairman Mark Lawn said the club will take their own action once police investigations are completed. A 36-year-old man from Bradford arrested during the FA Cup quarter-final replay has been released on bail. "If that person is found guilty, we will take action," Lawn said. "There is no place for that in the game." Campaign group Kick It Out commended the swift action taken after McCleary reported the alleged abuse.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31926892

I am sure not many people will miss him in the ground if this is indeed how he behaves.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby rich1uk » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:50 am

I know this isn't racism but follows the same theme

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schoolreport/31907241

all I can say is :facepalm
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Gingerfinch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:56 am

rich1uk wrote:I know this isn't racism but follows the same theme

FFS is all I can muster!
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby Alviro Patterson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:28 am

Gingerfinch wrote:

FFS is all I can muster!

Struggling to think what positions can women realistically take up in the mens game, when the vast majority of positions require experience of playing football at a high level.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby Gingerfinch » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:20 am

Alviro Patterson wrote:
Gingerfinch wrote:

FFS is all I can muster!

Struggling to think what positions can women realistically take up in the mens game, when the vast majority of positions require experience of playing football at a high level.

To be fair, Mourinho was an interpreter when he first got into Football, but giving token interviews for certain races, and sexes, isn't the way forward, imo.
Gingerfinch

Postby sussexpob » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Gingerfinch wrote:
Alviro Patterson wrote:
Gingerfinch wrote:

FFS is all I can muster!

To be fair, Mourinho was an interpreter when he first got into Football, but giving token interviews for certain races, and sexes, isn't the way forward, imo.

Mourinho was glued to the side of Bobby Robson ( :bow: ) and Louis Van Gaal, two of Europe's most decorated managers, for a few years before he got his opportunity, and all three speak about each other warmly. Van Gaal particularly seen his coaching and management skills and looked to bloom him into a manager.....If there a women out there who had 5 years being a fly on the wall to Mourniho and Ferguson and being mentored, then fine.

I think its too overhanded to say women cant manage in the mens game. If they have the characteristics then let them do so in the open market and let them take jobs...... the problem is, anyone who seen Costa's failed Clermont Foot managerial role (and her replacement, another women, is under fire) can see the problems. She complained of not being questioned on everything because she was a women, but didnt seem to understand that coaches in football dont often get choice of purchases or organise friendlies

Any women who uses their sex as a weapon, which is what Costa seemed to do, is not good. She complained of being a token women, and I fail to se how creating more will work
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Alviro Patterson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:06 pm

For every Jose Mourinho there is a Steve Kean.

What I find staggering about the womens game is an attitude where they think the FA owes them a living. Demanding professionalism and publicity, yet don't have an infrastructure of their own to support it or have recognised success at international level. Adding a divine right to an interview for the top football jobs based on a political agenda is something else.

Maybe womens football will get the respect it deserves if it's self sufficient, does not rely on mens football clubs for support and maybe win a major international tournament.
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Postby SaintPowelly » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:14 am

Les Ferdinand chatting more cr4p.

Then 'kick it out' say black managers are no longer bothering to apply, as they feel they have no chance...if they aren't applying, what chance do they have ?

And Ramsey being touted as some sort of hero...hes lost all 5 games since being appointed on a permanent basis, I bet EVERY club wants one of those.
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:32 am

SaintPowelly wrote:Les Ferdinand chatting more cr4p.

Then 'kick it out' say black managers are no longer bothering to apply, as they feel they have no chance...if they aren't applying, what chance do they have ?

And Ramsey being touted as some sort of hero...hes lost all 5 games since being appointed on a permanent basis, I bet EVERY club wants one of those.

It's probably now deemed racist to say Les Ferdinand is talking cr3p!!
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:34 am

No point with the rooney rule as all it promises is a token interview.
Gingerfinch

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:44 am

Gingerfinch wrote:

No point with the rooney rule as all it promises is a token interview.

If you ask me the rooney rule has set opportunities for black managers back even further, as none of the applicants will ever be thought of in a serious light, because as you say they will all be considered as token interviews. When a seriously talented black applicant applies they probably then won't get the due consideration they deserve.
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby andy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:30 pm

completely agree budge!
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby rich1uk » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:04 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32161389

losing something like 8 out of 9 games while in charge will obviously have nothing to do with it
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Alviro Patterson » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:58 pm

rich1uk wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32161389

losing something like 8 out of 9 games while in charge will obviously have nothing to do with it

Read an article on the BBC last week that 55% of managers don't get a second job. Add to the number of prolific and experienced managers currently out of work, implementing a "Rooney Rule" will never work in England.

Alviro Patterson

Postby mikesiva » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:31 am

'About 25% of players in the Premier League and Football League are black. Based on current figures, about 6.5% of managers in the top four divisions - or six in 92 - are black. As for coaches, well, that's an even sorrier tale. A recent study claimed that of 552 key coaching jobs in English football, 19 were occupied by people from black and ethnic backgrounds. Football Association board member Heather Rabbatts said it was further evidence "that bodies across the game need to work together to challenge discrimination", while Sports Minister Helen Grant said the findings of a Think Tank were both "appalling and worrying".'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31970841
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru