Oz in NZ ODIs, Jan 30-Feb 5

World T20 champs

Re: Oz in NZ ODIs, Jan 30-Feb 5

Postby yuppie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:30 am

Adi wrote:
yuppie wrote:
Adi wrote:
yuppie wrote:
Adi wrote:What a match for Stonis. M Marsh will not be given chance for another comeback soon. I think Stonis has ensured CT place.

Is his bowling as good as Marsh though?

Not that i think Marsh has done enough lately to justify his place. Somehow he has managed to get a trip to India though.

Get all tense and tight here. That DRS has taken the sting out of the chase.

Not watching the match, so no idea how he bowled today.

I have not seen him bowl either. But his stats would suggest Marsh is the better bowler. Though Stonis has made some runs, which is something Marsh has not done lately.

He may as well get in for his batting :?:

Wickets would be bonus. I think he has sealed a spot in playing 11 as well, not just squad at least in next series.

Max is all rounder but he is not given any overs.

Yep i think he has sealed his spot for a few games with that innings.

Max has not really bowled since the issue with changing states. I wonder if that is the problem. Him not bowling does make it harder for him to be selected in India.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby alfie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:33 am

rich1uk wrote:who is this heazlett guy playing for australia ?

down to come in at #7 on the card but doesn't bowl, i see he has only played 5 list A games domestically, has an impressive average but thats a very small sample size to be selecting someone based on

after my earlier comments about Stoinis he'll probbaly score a match winning hundred now

Nearly prescient , rich !

Was an astonishing innings. As so often happens , only when victory looked a formality after seeming impossible , it was snatched away...but he had no right to get them anywhere near the line...

Has gone up in everyone's ratings rather drastically , no ?
alfie

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:48 am

Not having seen the Aussie innings, I wondered if the Kiwis had found some new ball movement that the Aussies hadn't managed. But it looks from the descriptions on cricinfo that the visitors mainly executed their shots poorly. Credit to the new Ealham, Marcus Stoinis. Surprised everyone maybe.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:56 am

He put me in mind of some of the Aussie medium pacers of the seventies and eighties, who could bat a bit and would get picked as third seamers. I'm thinking of Gary Cosier. Trevor Laughlin. Phil Carlson. Trevor Chappell. Simon O'Donnell. Ken Macleay.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby dan08 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:49 am

I've always liked Stoinis but never knew he was capable of that!
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby hopeforthebest » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:40 am

Very disappointing batting display from the Aussies, I didn't stay up to watch so I don't know if it was good bowling or gifted wickets. It's a good result for NZ and a good result for the series.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Postby GarlicJam » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:41 am

He has more than the odd admirer on this board, Dan.

Well, he has a few odd admirers, anyway.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby andy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Wasn't expecting that from Stonis with bat or ball!! What a game for him, can he back up and do it consistently though?
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby Alviro Patterson » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:38 am

What a match, what an ending!

Eden Park has played host to some thrilllers in the last couple of years, almost as engrossing as the 2015 World Cup group stage match and super Kane Williamson has the last day (again).

Not convinced with Peter Handscomb, his keeping was truly dire and has a batting stance similar to Gary Ballance (back foot, deep in his crease). Not sure how much of a contribution he will make at Yorkshire.

Ticket only $45NZ as well (or £30GBP with the shocking exchange rate), worth every cent.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby GarlicJam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:56 am

Alviro Patterson wrote: $45NZ as well (or £30GBP with the shocking exchange rate)

that is a terrible exchange rate. I remember when it was A$3 to the pound - and the Aus$ is almost always stronger than the Kiwi.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby GarlicJam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:00 am

Alviro Patterson wrote:Not convinced with Peter Handscomb, his keeping was truly dire

The byes and wides that a full-time 'keeper would have not let through were well and truly more than the run difference between the two teams.

So, for maybe the first time, we can say that Wade's absence cost Aus the game.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Postby andy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 pm

Alviro Patterson wrote:What a match, what an ending!

Eden Park has played host to some thrilllers in the last couple of years, almost as engrossing as the 2015 World Cup group stage match and super Kane Williamson has the last day (again).

Not convinced with Peter Handscomb, his keeping was truly dire and has a batting stance similar to Gary Ballance (back foot, deep in his crease). Not sure how much of a contribution he will make at Yorkshire.

Ticket only $45NZ as well (or £30GBP with the shocking exchange rate), worth every cent.

guessing you haven't seen much of Handscomb then? Yes his keeping isn't up to it, but the guy is a run machine, and has scored runs in basically every innings he has played for OZ, the guy is a run machine, and looks the part with the bat
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby Alviro Patterson » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:47 pm

GarlicJam wrote:
Alviro Patterson wrote: $45NZ as well (or £30GBP with the shocking exchange rate)

that is a terrible exchange rate. I remember when it was A$3 to the pound - and the Aus$ is almost always stronger than the Kiwi.

I pretty much doubt we'll see A$3 to £1 again (or even NZ$3), mostly due to how strong both nations economies are.

35 cents less to the pound than what I got in 2015, still a small price to pay to visit a fine country. Also beats shelling out £60 to watch an England ODI at Headingley.

If time allows, I may well attend the Australia v New Zealand Champions Trophy tie at Edgbaston.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:39 am

This has crept up. Starts in just over an hour. Napier. Pack a jumper.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby GarlicJam » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:41 am

Showers forecast, I heard this morning.
Maybe
GarlicJam

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches