World T20 semis & final, March 30-April 3

World T20 champs

Re: World T20 semis & final, March 30-April 3

Postby Gingerfinch » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:04 am

braveneutral wrote:Bad drawers can be unpalatable.

The only bad draws I've come across, are the ones from Argos!
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby KipperJohn » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:13 am

Gingerfinch wrote:
braveneutral wrote:Bad drawers can be unpalatable.

The only bad draws I've come across, are the ones from Argos!

Probably the reason MFI went bust.

Fortunately cricket isn't a topic in this Aussie household - I looked at the headline on my IPhone, went back to sleep and dreamed CMS imploded....
KipperJohn

Postby sussexpob » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:21 am

Its completely understandable that the Windies team lost it!! I think I would have lost it if I was them....

Complaining about the way someone celebrates a world cup win is for me a non-starter. England fans should show more concern as to why Joe Root decided to mouth off when he got out.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:33 am

I can absolutely understand them going ballistic with the celebrations, but if it was me, I'd acknowledge my opponent pretty quickly before I really got into it. Shows class.

But then I'm a classy guy!
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby sussexpob » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:40 am

budgetmeansbudget wrote:I can absolutely understand them going ballistic with the celebrations, but if it was me, I'd acknowledge my opponent pretty quickly before I really got into it. Shows class. But then I'm a classy guy!

Its a final, they just won. I can understand why they forgot a handshake. You never know what happens behind closed doors.... as a loser, I wouldnt have a problem seeing that. Maybe after the game Id expect them to drift into the dressing room and have a handshake and the offer to share a beer if you forgot, like I said you dont know if that was done. Directly after....let them have their moment, its what they worked for all their life.

When I used to play sport, I actually found that straight faced person on every team who comes and says "unlucky pal" rather than celebrate with his mates condescending. As a defeated opponent, I much rather a handshake after a shower and a change, or a beer in the bar afterwards.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby mikesiva » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:44 am

budgetmeansbudget wrote:Didn't see any of the celebrations of the windies, but alot of commentators saying OTT, arrogant, and showing little humility. A shame if that's true, but not surprising, it was similar four years ago. Left a sour taste in the mouth that day.

I watched the celebration and I saw nothing wrong with it. Lots of dancing which is the Caribbean way. I prefer the Caribbean players to celebrate in the Caribbean way and I don't care what the stiff upper lip commentators want to see. Thankfully it looks like the players don't care what they think too. The commentators seem to be whingeing probably because Sammy and Samuels used the opportunity to criticize two of their own - Shane Warne and mark Nicholas.

tough, Shane! Get used to it....

I hope to see a lot more dancing in t20 cricket in the years to come. I know that upsets the likes of Shane Watson and Mitchell starc and I hope it continues to upset them. There are a lot of other people in the world who enjoy the West Indies celebration. The Afghanistan players were doing the bravo champion dance when they beat the West Indies. Good on them! Not everybody enjoys playing cricket the Lords way....

as for handshakes it's also up to England players to go up to West Indies players and shake hands. Whingeing about it afterwards reflects more on them than the west Indies.
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru
2014 Eng-SL combined fantasy guru
2014 chess mini-tournament guru
2017 Australian Open tennis guru
mikesiva

Team(s) Supported: First - West Indies
Joint Second - England, Sri Lanka

Postby sussexpob » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:45 am

Obviously Samuels comments about Stokes were misplaced. He should have shown a lot more decorum than that, he came across (again) as a bit of an idiot to insult a guy in that situation.... it was pretty low.

But his comments on Warne I can forgive, not because Warne is a moron, but because of the personal situation there. As I said yesterday, he had a spat with Warne in that Big Bash game years ago, but the part people forget is when Malinga bowled a bouncer to him next up and shattered his eye socket. More than a hint in the Malinga reaction, who doesnt know what to do in a guilty way, that they targeted him and he got seriously injured.

sussexpob

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:00 am

I did write a lengthy response disagreeing with your post Sussex but it buggered off into the ether and I can't be bothered to rewrite it.

Suffice to say that humility is the number one quality in a human being for me, and it appears little was on show yesterday, much to the detriment of cricket.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:04 am

mikesiva wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:Didn't see any of the celebrations of the windies, but alot of commentators saying OTT, arrogant, and showing little humility. A shame if that's true, but not surprising, it was similar four years ago. Left a sour taste in the mouth that day.

I watched the celebration and I saw nothing wrong with it. Lots of dancing which is the Caribbean way. I prefer the Caribbean players to celebrate in the Caribbean way and I don't care what the stiff upper lip commentators want to see. Thankfully it looks like the players don't care what they think too. The commentators seem to be whingeing probably because Sammy and Samuels used the opportunity to criticize two of their own - Shane Warne and mark Nicholas.

tough, Shane! Get used to it....

I hope to see a lot more dancing in t20 cricket in the years to come. I know that upsets the likes of Shane Watson and Mitchell starc and I hope it continues to upset them. There are a lot of other people in the world who enjoy the West Indies celebration. The Afghanistan players were doing the bravo champion dance when they beat the West Indies. Good on them! Not everybody enjoys playing cricket the Lords way....

as for handshakes it's also up to England players to go up to West Indies players and shake hands. Whingeing about it afterwards reflects more on them than the west Indies.

Sorry Mike, disagree with you, the WI team have fallen further in my estimation after yesterday, not that they will care. They seem only concerned with their own selfish ends.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby sussexpob » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:06 am

I agree with Miek apart from the comments made to commentators. I think that shows immaturity to attack your detractors. Let them commentate, your job is to play.

sussexpob

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:12 am

sussexpob wrote:I agree with Miek apart from the comments made to commentators. I think that shows immaturity to attack your detractors. Let them commentate, your job is to play.

Exactly, rise above it, don't lower yourself to the level of your critics. You will come out of it with ten times the respect, not only from others but for yourself.

I hope some of them are feeling a tadge embarrassed today, and can acknowledge it in some way.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby sussexpob » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:26 am

budgetmeansbudget wrote:
sussexpob wrote:I agree with Miek apart from the comments made to commentators. I think that shows immaturity to attack your detractors. Let them commentate, your job is to play.

Exactly, rise above it, don't lower yourself to the level of your critics. You will come out of it with ten times the respect, not only from others but for yourself.

I hope some of them are feeling a tadge embarrassed today, and can acknowledge it in some way.

More likely nursing some monster headaches

sussexpob

Postby GarlicJam » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:07 am

Warne has absolutely no right to be criticising people about over the top celebrations. I still cringe inwardly when I think back to his very uncouth balcony dance with the Verve Cliquot at Lords on retaining the Ashes.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby sussexpob » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:12 am

GarlicJam wrote:Warne has absolutely no right to be criticising people about over the top celebrations. I still cringe inwardly when I think back to his very uncouth balcony dance with the Verve Cliquot at Lords on retaining the Ashes.

I dont think Warne said anything yesterday, it was Samuels who used the opportunity to get at Warne who had criticised him for his play in the tournament before the final.

I believe for Warne's side, he simply tweeted a congratulations to the team and highlighted how well Samuels had played.

sussexpob

Postby GarlicJam » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:41 am

Ah, ok. I had taken the inference from a comment or two that he had been whinging about it.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches