3rd Test: India v England at Mohali on Nov 26-30

World T20 champs

Re: 3rd Test: India v England at Mohali on Nov 26-30

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Gingerfinch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
Gingerfinch wrote:Root must be pretty high. Him and Kohli are not only two of the best players in the world, but they're both great to watch. Well they would be if I had sky sports!

off topic I am actually quite surprised how many people here don't have sky sports.
Arthur doesn't you don't, I won't either after next month.
Can't blame it either with Sky sports being expensive now and quite easy to watch cricket for free.
must be a huge factor in the low cricket ratings in the country and the general decline in cricket this decade.

Most people I know do have it.

I doubt the very recent decline in Cricket will have been affected by people not watching. It may do in the future. Who knows? It could possibly be the reverse, with the public not wanting to pay to watch this particular side.

Do reckon this yr or recently more people have cancelled sky sports, Football rating down by a good margin and majority of the sports are down as well.
Sky will never publish the number of Sky Sport subscribers though.

Considering having sky sports, broadband and phone cost around 100 pounds a month, got offered £50 a month without Sky sports and the HD pack which I took 2 months ago.
really paying £600 extra a yr for Sky sports is a lot and around £1000 for Sky tv does take a piss in tough financial times.
Last edited by Dr Cricket on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:41 pm

Dawson emerged last year as one of Flower's players (I think he averaged mid 40s with the ball in CC1 in 2016).

Hope Leach doesn't get slow tracked because he failed a written aptitude Test. Maybe he picked KP as a role model.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Dawson emerged last year as one of Flower's players (I think he averaged mid 40s with the ball in CC1 in 2016).

Hope Leach doesn't get slow tracked because he failed a written aptitude Test. Maybe he picked KP as a role model.

:laugh
maybe that what they been doing in loughbourough and UAE for 6 weeks.
Why pick players on performance when you can pick them on attitude and aptitude test.

Actually surprises me english media and fans take this crap, not sure I can support for a team that doesn't pick the best players and got so many lame ways to pick players in the national team.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:47 pm

Sounds like that is what scuppered Hildreth. Lots of press hints about his aptitude.

These are the tests that discovered KP is an introvert...
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:48 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
Gingerfinch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
Gingerfinch wrote:Root must be pretty high. Him and Kohli are not only two of the best players in the world, but they're both great to watch. Well they would be if I had sky sports!

off topic I am actually quite surprised how many people here don't have sky sports.
Can't blame it either with Sky sports being expensive now and quite easy to watch cricket for free.
must be a huge factor in the low cricket ratings in the country and the general decline in cricket this decade.

I doubt the very recent decline in Cricket will have been affected by people not watching. It may do in the future. Who knows? It could possibly be the reverse, with the public not wanting to pay to watch this particular side.

Do reckon this yr or recently more people have cancelled sky sports, Football rating down by a good margin and majority of the sports are down as well.

Considering having sky sports, broadband and phone cost around 100 pounds a month, got offered £50 a month without Sky sports and the HD pack which I took 2 months ago.
really paying £600 extra a yr for Sky sports is a lot and around £1000 for Sky tv does take a piss in tough financial times.

I'd say most of my friends who have sky sports, have it for the Football. I miss the movies just as much as the sport, if I'm being honest.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Sounds like that is what scuppered Hildreth. Lots of press hints about his aptitude.

These are the tests that discovered KP is an introvert...

wonder what the test would say about me considering I am quite extreme in my views especially if I don't like something.
Suspect I would fail the test.
maybe someone should leak the answers for the test just like how the Tesco/Sainsbury employment test answers are leaked online lol.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:54 pm

Much as I don't like the ECB, if you bought the cricket directly from them and the cash went back into the game, it might feel more attractive. Though then I'd hate paying Colin Graves' wages and Giles Clarke's dinner expenses. This could be a better way of supporting the counties though.

I've said before, but... for the ECB, people not following the game at all and losing interest, must be worse than people watching it on the internet for free. At least these streams show there is an interest of the game beyond Sky's poor viewing figures.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:55 pm

I expect the internet is full of personality tests.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:59 pm

Gingerfinch wrote:I'd say most of my friends who have sky sports, have it for the Football. I miss the movies just as much as the sport, if I'm being honest.

I was very disappointed in the films. Film4 isn't bad.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby hopeforthebest » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Gingerfinch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
Gingerfinch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:

I'd say most of my friends who have sky sports, have it for the Football. I miss the movies just as much as the sport, if I'm being honest.

I've rarely get difficulty watching Sky free online and the same site gets BT sport for the Aussie v SA games.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:10 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I expect the internet is full of personality tests.

Taken one and I found to be an ENTP
Agree with that as well.
Wonder if Flower likes Entp people.

http://www.my-personality-test.com/pers ... illsession
looks quite accurate as well.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby sussexpob » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:15 pm

I have a vision of Leach bowling in a net to a cardboard cut out batsman. Obviously he didnt ask for a second helping of mung bean curry washed down with his carrot juice, or maybe it was the fact he only got 70% on his Quantum Physics test. Or maybe he didnt bow low enough to his coach and put enough roll of the tongue on the "R" when greeting his Royal Highness, King of Cricket.

Or maybe its the fact that Leach is pissed off a guy who's taken the last three seasons to amass the same wickets as he did last season, each one costing double the runs, has been kissing enough bum-cheek to be considered superior. It would probably piss me off to be honest.

I look forward to Dawson playing. If he's another Lions recommendation, then lets hope he does as well as Vince or Ball on his debut. Got a lot to live up to Dawson...... has to some how manage to average 19 with the bat, or 80 with the Ball, to live up to the golden generation of 2016.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:22 pm

And the possibility that this instant assessment has got into the ears of journos is another irritant. Although it's the Mail, so they might have just made it up.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby rich1uk » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:35 pm

maybe it is taken a bit too far but i think there is some merit to making judgements on mental strength and how ready people are for the step up in intensity of international cricket

making good decisions under pressure, having discipline and patience, and being able to cope with having all aspects of your game being put under the spotlight is imo extremely important

we've seen guys who are undoubtedly talented players not cope well with being thrown into test cricket, we've seen guys who dont have exceptional domestic stats thrive under the extra pressure. if coaches who work with players day in, day out have reservations about how someone will handle the step up then wouldn't it be doing the player a dis-service to just pick them anyway?

of course its not an exact science and its not something that can be backed up with numbers but it does have to be a factor imo
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:42 pm

But when you struggling for batsman and a 3rd spinner picking players on outside cricket attributes makes no sense considering the stronger mental strength players need to actually score runs or take wickets.
When a team struggling to pick new players would prefer if they actually concentrated in picking the best team possible on the right reason than picking players for other reasons.
Let looks at the recent lions recommendations.
Vince failed, Ansari failed.
if Dawson played I would bet my house he would fail as well considering he not offering much with the bat or ball.

Anyway surely England are pushing it when people like Taylor, Hildreth etc are not picked or not getting chances because it seems like they not made with the right stuff.
Even bairstow was starting to get that tag and he now one of the stronger members in the team.

All nice having strong mental people in the side but you need a balance of people actually scoring runs and not dropping people for the wrong reason.
Should be remembered Bairstow, taylor, Compton, Carberry etc all averaged around 30 and that is what england want at this stage.
really when you look at it england weird selection policy is a factor in them having a weird and inconsistent results since 2011.
Some really great results and some really bad series and test.
really hard to explain how england can beat india in india, SA in SA and then struggle to beat WI, NZ, Sri lanka etc.

You only have to look at bumble tweets today when he suggested drawing to pakistan and Bangladesh are good results.
not sure how a team wanting to be the best test team and very successful are happy to drawing to Pakistan at home and drawing to Bangladesh which you can say they were lucky to even draw in the first place.
Selectors and coaches first priority should be making england win games rather worry about outside cricket stuff.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches