ICC World Cup 2015 - Warm-up matches

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Warm-up matches

Postby shankycricket » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:05 pm

1 upset in 5 editions of the World T20 (in the very first edition vs WI in 2007). Thats the only time they've reached the final 8 even though the last 2 editions have been held in the subcontinent (the last one was in Bangladesh). Ireland have the same no. of Super 8 appearances in 4 editions. Netherlands have 2 upsets in as many editions and have pushed a couple of full members close unlike the Toygers, who get routed everytime.

Bangladesh have never beaten a full member in the Champions Trophy either (again 2 of the 3 editions they've played in were held in Asia).
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby shankycricket » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:10 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
shankycricket wrote:Beat Pakistan in 1999 too. So thats 3 upsets in 4 editions (not counting this one).

Ireland have 3 in 3.

And it is Bangladesh who have had the exposure to playing the full members for the last 15 years.

Forgot India in 07.
So 4 upsets in 4 editions.

No better than Ireland then?

And as I've pointed out in my next post, they've performed worse than the Associates in the World T20.

So how exactly are they "most likely" to beat full members? :?
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby Making_Splinters » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:36 pm

shankycricket wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
shankycricket wrote:Beat Pakistan in 1999 too. So thats 3 upsets in 4 editions (not counting this one).

Ireland have 3 in 3.

And it is Bangladesh who have had the exposure to playing the full members for the last 15 years.

Forgot India in 07.
So 4 upsets in 4 editions.

No better than Ireland then?

And as I've pointed out in my next post, they've performed worse than the Associates in the World T20.

So how exactly are they "most likely" to beat full members? :?

Given Ireland have already beaten a full member this World Cup, to be more likely Bangladesh would have to beat 2. Don't see that happening any time soon.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby rich1uk » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:53 pm

"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Making_Splinters » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:09 pm

rich1uk wrote:this will cheer M-S up ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/31501767

I wish these commentators would stop propagating misinformed propaganda about Irish cricket. Even a cursory glance at the first class figures of the Irish players let you get a pretty good idea of what would happen should they try to compete with a decent side over five days. That's not to say they don't have players who could do well at the top level such as Joyce, but the oft mentioned Morgan can't get into the England side.

It's infuriating to see respected figures emotively proclaiming Ireland should have Test status when we have a pretty damn clear example of what happens when you just throw a promising side to the lions in Bangladesh.

When someone actually presents a credible plan for how Iteland will deal with not having an established first class structure and the host of their parasitic activities suddenly being removed then I'll change my tune. It's even more shocking to see this from Holding who's own side is collapsing due to an inadequate first class structure and poor management.

The most sensible suggestion I've seen on this topic would for the ECB to become the equivalent of the Lions in Rugby.

If I come across as irritated by this topic, it is because I'm sick to my back teeth of seeing phrases such as "poached" when English cricket as developed the majority of Irish talent over the years. Where is the support for teams such as Afghanistan who have made huge progress standing on their own two feet. It's hypocritical at best and nothing more than misinformed pandering to public sympathies at worst.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby sussexpob » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:41 pm

If I come across as irritated by this topic, it is because I'm sick to my back teeth of seeing phrases such as "poached" when English cricket as developed the majority of Irish talent over the years

I think there are more English born Ireland players in their current team then Irish players England have capped in the last decade (could be longer, I don't honestly know)...
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:05 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:Lol if u think zim, Ireland, Scotland and afg are better than ban another prove that associate get so much overrated hype, why hatred for ban, if they were associate and Ireland were full members people would say Ireland should be dropped, pathetic and ban should be promoted

Lol memories.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Previous

Return to Live Cricket Matches