ICC World Cup 2015 - Warm-up matches

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Warm-up matches

Postby shankycricket » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:58 am

bhaveshgor wrote:Lol if u think zim, Ireland, Scotland and afg are better than ban another prove that associate get so much overrated hype, why hatred for ban, if they were associate and Ireland were full members people would say Ireland should be dropped, pathetic and ban should be promoted

In these conditions, they are.

Didn't Zimbabwe win a Test against a full strength Pak a year and a half ago? When have Bangladesh ever come close to that?
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:59 am

I might be wrong but didn't ban qualify for the 2nd stage of that World Cup and Ireland, zim, scot and afg lost in the first stage.
Fact is ban get so much hate even though they got a better record than all the associates just because their full members.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Aidan11 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:06 am

bhaveshgor wrote:I might be wrong but didn't ban qualify for the 2nd stage of that World Cup and Ireland, zim, scot and afg lost in the first stage.
Fact is ban get so much hate even though they got a better record than all the associates just because their full members.

Nobody hates Bangladesh. It's just that there were a lot of questions raised as to the way their full membership was rushed through at the time. It seemed to come on the back of a World Cup victory against Pakistan which itself raised a few eyebrows..

Also since their admission to full membership they have not pushed on as a competitive nation. They pick up the odd victory here and there but their progress has been slight if any. Sri Lanka have shown that it is possible to go from minor to major and win trophies.

I'd love to see Bangladesh become a decent force but It's just not happening.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:10 am

Aidan11 wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:I might be wrong but didn't ban qualify for the 2nd stage of that World Cup and Ireland, zim, scot and afg lost in the first stage.

Nobody hates Bangladesh. It's just that there were a lot of questions raised as to the way their full membership was rushed through at the time. It seemed to come on the back of a World Cup victory against Pakistan which itself raised a few eyebrows..

Also since their admission to full membership they have not pushed on as a competitive nation. They pick up the odd victory here and there but their progress has been slight if any. Sri Lanka have shown that it is possible to go from minor to major and win trophies.

I'd love to see Bangladesh become a decent force but It's just not happening.

Agree but my point was on the people saying they should be relegated and Ireland promoted when the same people would say ban should be promoted when they destroy associates and beat full members in world cups or in odi.

I agree that ban should play more games against associates and would love to see 2 division of test but not ban getting relegated and replace by Ireland/afg when in reality they would do the same as ban would.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby shankycricket » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:11 am

Netherlands beat England and gave SA and NZ a run for their money in the last year's World T20. Bangladesh, playing AT HOME, were hammered in all their matches. Heck, they lost to Nepal and lost all the matches in the Asia Cup AT HOME, including to Afghanistan. They were humiliated in each and every match by a very ordinary Caribbean side last year. They only redeemed themselves against Zimbabwe at home recently. But in these conditions, I'd fancy the Zimbos anyday particularly with Whatmore in charge.

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Postby shankycricket » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:16 am

By the way, I don't think anyone has said that Bangladesh should be relegated AND the Associates be promoted. I think the problem is inconsistency. Why can't Associates have FM status when Bangladesh do? Or why do Bangladesh have FM status when the Associates don't? There is nothing to suggest that they are any more deserving than the Associates.

shankycricket

Postby from_the_stands » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:55 am

shankycricket wrote:By the way, I don't think anyone has said that Bangladesh should be relegated AND the Associates be promoted. I think the problem is inconsistency. Why can't Associates have FM status when Bangladesh do? Or why do Bangladesh have FM status when the Associates don't? There is nothing to suggest that they are any more deserving than the Associates.

With the consortium of Australia, England and India now running the game, I can see the day when Test cricket is only played between those three sides and a Rest of the World Team, with everybody else playing in a league structure, with promotion and relegation between divisions of 8 teams. Under this structure, New Zealand would join the Australian domestic structure, as Tasmania did, in order for their players to aspire to play top flight cricket for Australia.
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby shankycricket » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:16 am

bhaveshgor wrote:Lol if u think zim, Ireland, Scotland and afg are better than ban another prove that associate get so much overrated hype, why hatred for ban, if they were associate and Ireland were full members people would say Ireland should be dropped, pathetic and ban should be promoted

3 full member scalps for Ireland in 3 World Cups. They have chased down 300 in a canter against a side who bowled out your beloved Bangladeshis for 70 a few months ago. Clearly, the Associates are not a patch on the mighty Toygers ..... :facepalm

shankycricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:55 am

I don't even like Bangladesh.
But even Bangladesh beat South Africa in the 2007 World cup and England in the 2011 world cup.
So is not exactly like Bangladesh don't beat big nations in the World cup.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Aidan11 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:46 am

Bangladesh pick up the occasional win here and there but on the whole they lose far more than they win.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby shankycricket » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:22 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:I don't even like Bangladesh.
But even Bangladesh beat South Africa in the 2007 World cup and England in the 2011 world cup.
So is not exactly like Bangladesh don't beat big nations in the World cup.

And what have they done in recent times?

shankycricket

Postby GarlicJam » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:35 pm

Besides giving us roads and running water?
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby rich1uk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:41 pm

sanitation
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby GarlicJam » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:57 pm

cheap shirts.

Lots of em.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby braveneutral » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:26 pm

Ever adapting the cockney accent.
Asia Cup 2012 guru
SA vs Oz 2011 combined guru
SA vs Bangladesh Tests guru
NZ vs WI Tests guru
2014 French Open guru
T20 Blast 2014 guru
India vs WI ODIs 2014 guru
2016 French Open guru
2016 Wimbledon guru
2016 RL50 Cup guru
Premier League Final Placings Prediction League 2016/7 guru
England v SA ODIs 2017 guru
Guru.

D/L wrote:Words fail me for once.

17/04/17 - 'The day that history was made'

20/04/17 - Better than Bolt.
braveneutral

Team(s) Supported: Northants amongst others.

I suppose.

At times.

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches