SKN vs Englishmen @ Warner Park, April 6-7 & 8-9

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: SKN vs Englishmen @ Warner Park, April 6-7 & 8-9

Postby Making_Splinters » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:09 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:Well, at least England tried to make this a slightly more useful experiance. I am trying to remember if I have seen a warm up where both sides have fielded players from the touring party.

it has happened before but not in an official game before.
India had a inter squad games in Australia before the Tri series and had the same thing when one of the warm up games got cancelled because of the Phil hughes tragedy.

But not sure players have ever been added because the team is so poor at batting.

Inter squad games, but not ones where the warm up side has included both players from the touring party and the local side.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:37 pm

don't think that has ever happened before apart from the England vs Essex game 2 years ago.
Lyth and Cook opening tomorrow against Plunkett and Wood.
I think England have replaced the entire St kitts team.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby sussexpob » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:46 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:don't think that has ever happened before apart from the England vs Essex game 2 years ago.

Moving forward, it might serve teams well to schedule A tours with International tours, and for warm up games between the two. After all, it would be a way for the current coach of the national team to assess his back up
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Good idea. A negative would be that you wouldn't see how local players exploit local conditions. But if the home board is intent on hiding their cards, then you might not anyway.

Wouldn't it be in the interests of all the nations, to agree with each other to offer decent practice?
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:23 pm

It used to be that tour games had interest in themselves. This game feels the furthest from that that there has ever been.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:35 pm

sussexpob wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:don't think that has ever happened before apart from the England vs Essex game 2 years ago.

Moving forward, it might serve teams well to schedule A tours with International tours, and for warm up games between the two. After all, it would be a way for the current coach of the national team to assess his back up

Good idea it will certainly end pointless warm up games.
The biggest issue with warm up games now is that teams feel they not getting what their want.

I wonder if ECB would offer WICB a deal like they did with the aussies 18 months ago.
ECB will guarantee strong team in warm up games with Australia touring teams if CA provide strong teams to england before the Ashes.

It be interesting to know why WICB provided very bad warm up teams, they surely didn't do a BCCI and try and get revenge for supposedly bad warm up games in 2011 england tour and do it in the return leg.

That is probably the biggest issue that teams don't like warm up games or conditions and the boards kind of do the same thing when the tour is reversed and it is kind of escalating can't remember the last time teams had a very good or perfect warm up before a test series since Ashes 2010/11.

in recent times quality of teams, pitches and training facilities and even locations have been issues in the recent past.

Personally think warm up games should be scrapped and the home boards doesn't organise them any more the power goes to the Away board, they pick the team and playing conditions and even ground if applicable.
basically the away teams does what they feel is best for them instead of relying on the home team for training and warm up games, this would end all the bitterness around poor training facilities and warm up games.

PS by picking the team I mean the away team approaches Counties, State teams or what ever and they strike a deal if they like the proposals they accept it if not they approach another team.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:39 pm

Offering an attractive itinerary to the tourists used to be part of the hospitality. Though those longer tours probably ended about 20 years ago.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby mikesiva » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:36 am

In 2009, when England last toured, there were two warm-up games in St Kitts - one against the home team, and another against the A team:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/wiveng2009/ ... 52670.html

In the St. Kitts-Nevis game, the home team passed 200 twice. Now, it can't even make 100. That shows how much regional cricket has declined....

The second game produced stronger competition:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/wiveng2009/ ... 52671.html

But now, the WICB is in serious financial trouble, facing lawsuits from the BCCI, and no matches against lucrative India, so they decide to cut corners, and arrange two matches that don't involve airfares and accommodation for players outside of St Kitts-Nevis. It's hard to see West Indies cricket improving when this is the short-sighted, money-pinching approach....
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru