Australia A v India A; 2 Tests, July/Aug 2015

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Australia A v India A; 2 Tests, July/Aug 2015

Postby from_the_stands » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:14 am

An interesting little 2 Test series will be taking place in Chennai, featuring India A & an Usman Khawaja-led Australia A. I do like these fixtures, as it gives players knocking on the door of national selection a chance to impress the selectors... or in this case, it seems as though players who are maybe a couple of years off a chance to have run with the big boys, in the hope that they will blossom into international stars in the coming years.

The Oz squad is as follows; Usman Khawaja (c), Matthew Wade (vc), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Joe Burns, Patrick Cummins, Andrew Fekete, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Stephen O'Keefe, Gurinder Sandhu, Marcus Stoinis.

From this squad, I would run with the following XI;

Nic Maddinson
Usman Khawaja
Joe Burns
Cameron Bancroft
Glenn Maxwell
Travis Head
Matthew Wade
Stephen O'Keefe
Ashton Agar
Pat Cummins
Gurinder Sandhu

Not sure where Chris Lynn, James Pattinson, or Jason Behrendorff are. :dunno A tri-angular ODI featuring the Saffers will follow after the second match,
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Re: Australia A v India A; 2 Tests, July/Aug 2015

Postby from_the_stands » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:09 am

India squad; KL Rahul, Jiwanjot Singh, Manoj Tiwary (c), Robin Uthappa, Ambati Rayudu, Karun Nair, Naman Ojha (wk), Pragyan Ojha, Umesh Yadav, Dhawal Kulkarni, Anureet Singh, Rajat Paliwal, Amit Mishra, Sandeep Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah and Baba Aparajith
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:07 pm

Pat Cummins won't be on this now.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:18 am

Sean Abbott has been drafted in to replace Pat Cummins for the four day games, and James Pattinson will replace Cummins for the one dayrs.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/896393.html

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:13 am

I presume someone will be on standby if Starc has a problem.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Alviro Patterson » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:17 pm

No Che Pujara in the India side :hmmm :dunno
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby from_the_stands » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:04 am

I see that Joe Burns is missing from the first match. I haven't heard about him picking up an injury, so I don't know what's going on there. Looking forward to seeing how the boys bat in this. Our bowling looks a bit thin, not sure why Pattinson isn't playing. Cameron Bancroft, Peter Handscomb and Travis Head are all wicket-keeper batsmen, with all three playing exclusively as batsmen for their respective states.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:41 am

Alviro Patterson wrote:No Che Pujara in the India side :hmmm :dunno

Che made 55.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:42 am

Looks like more of an Australia C side.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Aidan11 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:50 am

A few people have been calling England a C side this week.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:59 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Looks like more of an Australia C side.

yeah hard to see Australia A winning the game/or doing well especially with India sending a very strong A team.

KL Rahul scoring a crucial innings feel sorry for the lad for being ill after scoring a century in his 2nd test.
Pujara needs to score big as well no idea why Kohli doesn't want him at 3 or 6, Kohli right now wants Ashwin 7, Keeper 6.

Although the reason why Australia sent a C team might be that Australia A been touring India for so many years so they probably wanted a new team/squad.
Australia have pretty much visited india every 12-18 months for an A team tour.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby from_the_stands » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:00 pm

A number of these players are longer term prospects that the selectors obviously want to have a look at. I'd be happier if they were looking at better bowlers.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby GarlicJam » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Got me there. It is all of the up-and-comers and/or the nearlymen. Missing a couple of names, but with the exception of Bancroft, they all have been discussed of being the nextgen, and the Nearlymen provide the experienced heads.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby from_the_stands » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:01 am

GarlicJam wrote:

Got me there. It is all of the up-and-comers and/or the nearlymen. Missing a couple of names, but with the exception of Bancroft, they all have been discussed of being the nextgen, and the Nearlymen provide the experienced heads.

I'd like to think that the selectors were having a close look at Nic Maddinson, whom I've had my eye on for some time. With Rogers due to retire, I'm not jumping over the moon about Shaun Marsh long term, although he does deserve his chance and he might do well. Joe Burns opens for Queensland and he's a boss at the crease, so I'd be happy with him. It's a pity that Jordan Silk had a mediocre domestic season, although he's got plenty of time. Maddinson is now 23, and averaged 53 for NSW last year, so he's ready. When Australia do bat in this match, I'm hoping to see Maddinson opening the batting with Usman Khawaja, whom we haven't seen the last of in a baggygreen.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby from_the_stands » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:45 pm

SOK has taken a 6 wicket haul in India A's first innings of 301. The Aussies are batting, albeit with a jumbled batting line-up. Peter Handscomb has passed 50. The Aussies are 157/3.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Next

Return to Live Cricket Matches