Aus v NZ, 2nd Test, Perth, Nov 13-17

Pak & Zim in Eng

Aus v NZ, 2nd Test, Perth, Nov 13-17

Postby from_the_stands » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:52 pm

The Aussies go into the second Test brimming with confidence. I'm expecting no change to the Oz line-up, although Mitch3 might move down to 7. Matt Henry will possibly come in for Tim Southee for the Kiwis.

Bring it on!

:box
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Re: Aus v NZ, 2nd Test, Perth, Nov 13-17

Postby yuppie » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:18 pm

Nevill to 6?

Didnt even get a bat at his first home test.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:42 pm

Hard to see the Kiwis getting much out of this. Looks like the pink ball's debut will be in a dead rubber.

Didn't see the Starc incident, but I think if the bowler throws the ball at the batter, it should be treated as if bowling a beamer; removal from the bowling innings.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby yuppie » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Hard to see the Kiwis getting much out of this. Looks like the pink ball's debut will be in a dead rubber.

Didn't see the Starc incident, but I think if the bowler throws the ball at the batter, it should be treated as if bowling a beamer; removal from the bowling innings.

Good idea. There is no need for it.
yuppie

Postby GarlicJam » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:17 pm

yuppie wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:Hard to see the Kiwis getting much out of this. Looks like the pink ball's debut will be in a dead rubber.

Good idea. There is no need for it.

Although, its the second beamer that gets the bowler red-carded. (isn't it?)
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:02 pm

I did think this over, and I've got a feeling it's two in Tests, and zero tolerance in ODIs (crazy, if true). But I'm expecting to be corrected. I think you should be out straight away. If you have a second chance, that gives you the option of bowling one, or bowling a delivery that runs the risk of being a beamer, like the back of the hand slower ball (which for Brett Lee, still went at 80+mph).
Arthur Crabtree

Postby bigfluffylemon » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:53 am

As has oft been remarked, Perth isn't exactly the den of fear it used to be. Nonetheless, it is still a difficult place to play if you've never visited before, as the bounce and the breeze can make life difficult. It's almost certainly no coincidence that Western Australians tend to prosper here - see Mike Hussey, Justin Langer, Adam Gilchrist et al. Ominously for New Zealand, it is the happiest hunting ground for a certain player still in the team - Mitch J, whose record at the WACA is phenomenal - especially his strike rate.
2022 Big Bash League FL
2023 Women's T20 World Cup FL
bigfluffylemon

Team(s) Supported: England. Australia.
Any team playing good cricket in the right spirit.

Postby meninblue » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:50 am

Starc threw the ball at Pollard during IPL after having bowled and fielded a straight drive from Pollard. Pollard did not tolerate it, got provoked and threw his bat back at Starc.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby GarlicJam » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:59 am

clubcricketeradi wrote:Starc threw the ball at Pollard during IPL after having bowled and fielded a straight drive from Pollard. Pollard did not tolerate it, got provoked and threw his bat back at Starc.

I think there was a fair bit of mutual provocation going on, BFL.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby meninblue » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:18 am

Neil Wagner has been called into New Zealand's Test squad as cover for Tim Southee, who left the field with a back injury on the second morning at the Gabba. Wagner will join the group ahead of the second Test, which starts in Perth next Friday, although New Zealand have not given up hope of Southee being passed fit for that match.

Ref- CI
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby from_the_stands » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:04 am

There's a lot of talk in the Oz media about MJ calling it a day. I hope he doesn't just yet. He's in the shape of his life, he's bowling well, and he's growing the tash back! One more year, Mitch!
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:58 am

2.30 UK time makes this a no goer for me. Just the sudden, speeded up jolt of the made over scorecard in the morning. I presume the Aussies will be unchanged. I guess the Kiwis would like to be unchanged, but Southee may be out. It would be a huge shock if this was anything other than a home win, of course.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby yuppie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:22 am

from_the_stands wrote:There's a lot of talk in the Oz media about MJ calling it a day. I hope he doesn't just yet. He's in the shape of his life, he's bowling well, and he's growing the tash back! One more year, Mitch!

Yeah from the way he is speaking this could be his last summer.

Maybe he is seeing the quicks that are coming through and wants to make room for them.

But he stays injury free, seems to be enjoying his cricket. As long as he is taking wickets then he should be in the team.

I wonder if he can get past Lilles test wicket haul. 45 to go.
yuppie

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:32 am

Cricinfo suggests a typically bold change for the Kiwis. Henry for the injured Neesham. Wagner standing by for Southee.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:08 am

35 degrees promised today.
Arthur Crabtree

Next

Return to Live Cricket Matches