Aus v NZ, 3rd Test, Adelaide, Nov 27 - 1 Dec (D/N)

Pak & Zim in Eng

Aus v NZ, 3rd Test, Adelaide, Nov 27 - 1 Dec (D/N)

Postby from_the_stands » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:19 am

The historical first day/night Test will take place in the "City of Churches."

My Oz team;

Dave Warner
Joe Burns
Steve Smith
Adam Voges
Michael Klinger
Glenn Maxwell
Peter Nevill
Mitchell Starc
Peter Siddle
Josh Hazlewood
Nathan Lyon
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Re: Aus v NZ, 3rd Test, Adelaide, Nov 27 - 1 Dec (D/N)

Postby yuppie » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:49 am

2 enforced changes for Aus in this test.

Siddle to come in, get his 200th test wicket. Will bowl all day on the Adelaide pitch and it is his chance to stake a claim for the WI series.

As for who replaces Khawaja. I would not go for Klinger, we just don't want too many 35 year olds in the team. Then again i don't want S Marsh :scared

Would Aus try and fit Maxwell in though would not be happy with that.

This shows how thin Australian batting stocks really are
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:22 am

Why not Cameron Timothy Bancroft at three? Or opening and drop down Burns.

Shame Cummins can't come in for Mitch.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby shankycricket » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:11 am

Patto is back. :dance

He should be a straight swap for Mitch, I hope. The toss up should be between Siddle and Hazlewood, who has looked anything but the guy who was supposed to offer metronomic accuracy to this attack.

Are there any genuine swing bowlers in the Anderson, Boult in the domestic circuit? I'd like to see someone in that mould come into the Test setup with an eye on the NZ and SL tours.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby shankycricket » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:14 am

Oh wait, Shaun Marsh is back too.. :facepalm :horse :no

Hopefully he fails miserably and this is the last we see of him in the whites (don't mind him so much in the limited overs stuff though even there, quite a few are rightfully ahead of him right now).

O'Keefe in to provide spin bowling cover to compensate for the uncertainty over the pitch.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby GarlicJam » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:33 am

Australia should only ever be allowed to have one Marsh at a time.

If Siddle isn't picked, are stuffing both he and Victoria around only to kick him in the guts. I have the idea that they will rest Hazlewood. I agree with Shanky that we need a bowler capable of intimidation, and Pattinson has been picked for that purpose. Hopefully he will fulfil.

O'Keefe won't get picked, I reckon, merely there IN CASE.

Every time I see Shaun Marsh picked, I get hopeful (of what, I won't say). This time, I reckon he will get a century. By rights, they will still have to drop him for Uzzie when he is right, but a Marsh century here may make it hard for them - and Uzzie.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby yuppie » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:06 am

Not sure why Marsh has been given another chance here. His start to the season suggest that he has not done enough for a recall. Is he really the best Australia have?
But who else is there.

Klinger is just to old, especially with Voges already there.

Maxwell has only really had one innings of note this season and am not convinced by him at test level. Plus Australia don't need another all rounder. Mitch 2(?) has got that for now. Though he could improve his batting a lot.

Arthurs suggestion of Bancroft maybe not such a bad idea, though i get the feeling the CA want the Burns/Warner show to keep rolling for now. After Smiths innings at the WACA I'm guessing that he will be back at 3, so Bancroft would have have to bat a long way down.

As for the bowling, Aus will have to bring Siddle in. Including this test they have 4 test to complete in 6 weeks. Some bowlers will need a rest, and if Patto is to come in then Smith will want a bowler who can bowl long spells, and might offer something different in the unknown of the day night test.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby from_the_stands » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 pm

Shaun Marsh will bat at 5, with Siddle and Pattinson coming in. I'd have gone for Klinger, especially since it's just for 2 Tests, but I guess Cricket Australia have decided that they've forked out enough for baggygreens this year.
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby from_the_stands » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:28 am

I'm leaning toward the idea of Steve O'Keefe coming in for Mitchell Marsh, with Nevill batting at 6. If we couldn't blast the Kiwis out in Perth, we might be able to spin them out in Adelaide.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:53 am

Gonna lose Mitch1's batting though.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby dan08 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Looks like Santner will debut in this match. He averages 57 with the ball in first-class cricket...
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby from_the_stands » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:36 pm

I don't see the point in having a tour game on a ground where a Test has already taken place. If it's just a 2 day affair against a rubbish team, then it really should be played in Adelaide, under lights and with a pink ball, against Australia A.

Tour matches are embarrassing now. Each touring team to Oz should play a 4 day game at a Test venue against Australia A, featuring players who are pressing for national selection rather than state selection.

:angry

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby The Professor » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:34 pm

Lots of positive reports of the visibility of the pink ball in the Western Australia XI vs New Zealanders game.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby backfootpunch » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:29 pm

dan08 wrote:Looks like Santner will debut in this match. He averages 57 with the ball in first-class cricket...

he cant be any worse than craig
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Postby ianp1970 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:27 pm

from_the_stands wrote:Tour matches are embarrassing now. Each touring team to Oz should play a 4 day game at a Test venue against Australia A, featuring players who are pressing for national selection rather than state selection.
:angry

:thumb

I would go even further and say this should be the model for final warm-up games on all test tours.
Sports broadcasting media nut miscast as a hard-working family man. Or should that be the other way around?

2020 Women's T20 World Cup
2019 New Zealand v Bangladesh Tests, Vitality Blast & County Championship Division 1 6 Nations Rugby, Wimbledon Tennis & US Open Tennis
2018 New Zealand v West Indies Combined, Afghanistan v Bangladesh T20s, England v Pakistan Tests, England v India T20s+ODIs, Sri Lanka v England Tests, Mzansi Super League & Bangladesh v West Indies Combined Australian Open Tennis, 6 Nations Rugby, Masters Golf, Premier League Football & French Open Tennis
2017 Premier League Football, French Open Tennis & Wimbledon Tennis
2016 South Africa v England ODIs, England v Sri Lanka Tests, County Championship Division 2 & Australia v New Zealand ODIs Australian Open Tennis, 6 Nations Rugby, Masters Golf, Premier League Football, Players Golf, US PGA Golf & US Open Tennis
2015 Indian Premier League, The Ashes & England v Australia ODIs Masters Golf, Premier League Football & US PGA Golf
2014 Australia v England ODIs 6 Nations Rugby, Premier League Football, Players Golf, Wimbledon Tennis, Open Golf & US Open Tennis
2013 Players Golf, Premier League Football, French Open Tennis, Open Golf & US PGA Golf
2012 New Zealand v Zimbabwe ODIs, Sri Lanka v England Tests Betting & WI vs NZ ODIs US Open Golf & Open Golf
2011 India v England ODIs & Bangladesh v Pakistan Combined Wimbledon Tennis
ianp1970

Team(s) Supported: England
Warwickshire
Rugby
Market Deeping

Next

Return to Live Cricket Matches