Aus v NZ, 3rd Test, Adelaide, Nov 27 - 1 Dec (D/N)

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: Aus v NZ, 3rd Test, Adelaide, Nov 27 - 1 Dec (D/N)

Postby yuppie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:54 pm

Toby F wrote:
yuppie wrote:
The next problem for Australia is Starcs injury. Bowled well in the first innings, but his injury appears to be long term. Suddenly the Australian bowling line up looks very vulnerable. Loosing Rhino, MJ and Starc within 6 tests. Big problems for Australia. Maybe MJ can come out of retirement for the WI series?

I hope they do whatever they need to get Starc right in the long term. No point putting things off now. Pattinson needs some miles on the clock, a three test series might just fit the bill.

Not sure Pattinson is strong enough to play 3 tests in a row :scared
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:00 am

Is Cummins someone who will never be fit enough to bowl in a five day game? Like Tait?

Looks like the queries over Hazlewood's place will quieten.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:02 am

Has this game slipped out of NZ's grasp? Or do they have to occupy the crease until the lights come on?
Arthur Crabtree

Postby yuppie » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:05 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Has this game slipped out of NZ's grasp? Or do they have to occupy the crease until the lights come on?

You would think that if they can be bowling at Aus in the evening with a few run behind them then they have a great chance.

But can they last till after lunch tomorrow?

Aus dont like chasing small totals either. 150-200 will cause them problems.......
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby GarlicJam » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:12 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Is Cummins someone who will never be fit enough to bowl in a five day game? Like Tait?

Looks like the queries over Hazlewood's place will quieten.

A heck of a lot of young fast bowlers (Australian ones, at least) are terribly injury prone until their bodies mature, and/or they moderate their actions to be less abusive of their bodies. Hopefully, Cummins is one of those.

Hazlewood (surprising that he doesn't have a right ocker nickname yet) bowled well last night, putting him in safer territory even without the upheaval going on around him.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby Toby F » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:13 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Has this game slipped out of NZ's grasp? Or do they have to occupy the crease until the lights come on?

Anything over 200 looks like it will be a challenge, they have a good lower order so it is not out of the question, especially without Starc's fast swinging Yorkers.
Toby F

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:16 am

Does Haze qualify as an Ocker nickname? Or would it have to be something like Snake, or Gallon?
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:18 am

Toby F wrote:

Anything over 200 looks like it will be a challenge, they have a good lower order so it is not out of the question, especially without Starc's fast swinging Yorkers.

Resilient side NZ, with a history of coming back after being written off following a slow start. But they seem a long way short of parity.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Toby F » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:00 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:
Toby F wrote:

Resilient side NZ, with a history of coming back after being written off following a slow start. But they seem a long way short of parity.

I'm not saying they are in a great place, but I would not write them off yet. Test cricket can throw up some sterling performances.
Toby F

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:16 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Does Haze qualify as an Ocker nickname? Or would it have to be something like Snake, or Gallon?

Hazy would work. Or Purple.

:rasta
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:23 am

Toby F wrote:
yuppie wrote:
The next problem for Australia is Starcs injury. Bowled well in the first innings, but his injury appears to be long term. Suddenly the Australian bowling line up looks very vulnerable. Loosing Rhino, MJ and Starc within 6 tests. Big problems for Australia. Maybe MJ can come out of retirement for the WI series?

I hope they do whatever they need to get Starc right in the long term. No point putting things off now. Pattinson needs some miles on the clock, a three test series might just fit the bill.

Yeah, I reckon Pattinson will come in for Starc, who be out for a while. The selectors will need another bowler ready to go, for when one of Hazlewood & Pattinson break down. Sean Abbott might be a chance.
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby GarlicJam » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:16 am

GarlicJam wrote:Hazlewood (surprising that he doesn't have a right ocker nickname yet) bowled well last night, putting him in safer territory even without the upheaval going on around him.

and he is continuing this today, just snaring his fifth in this innings and 8 for the match. Commentators are just saying that the selectors were all for replacing him with Pattinson but Steve Smith fought to keep him in the team. Purple is paying him back in spades, good timing considering the absence of Starc.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby meninblue » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:53 am

After those 3 wickets NZ could have made a game of this but Shaun marsh and Adam Voges with this partnership have removed all hopes that Kiwis had at one point of time. Timely innings by both these players.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:22 am

Wicket. Too late now though. Good catch.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:49 am

The ball is making speeches. If NZ had another 40 runs, they'd be in this. But they only have thirteen.
Arthur Crabtree

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches