Australia tour of Sri Lanka, July 26-Sept 9

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: Australia tour of Sri Lanka, July 26-Sept 9

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:53 pm

GarlicJam wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:lol sri lanka are embarrassing them selves here.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v ... 39179.html

Just been reading that. They certainly are.

The whole consternation over what type of pitch prepared for the practice match is a strange one. Seems to me that the SL authorities have no problem admitting to doctoring pitches and even go so far as to (wish to) undermine Aus' preparations with a different sort of doctoring.

No one comes out of this soap opera looking good, especially not SLC.

not a huge fan of this and think ICC should take action since every team feels all teams do it and they actively try and ruin preparation for the visiting side.
wouldn't surprise me if this was because the board and players were livid with the preparation given to them in the england tour and probably past australian tours.

personally I don't believe in Warm up games think the boards should just hire a ground, play a game with their own squad and do their own preparations.

although would still have the warm up games in the middle of the test series since having a flat deck or a batting deck is what the team wants then to give the batsman some time in the middle.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:50 am

Australia 1 David Warner, 2 Joe Burns, 3 Usman Khawaja, 4 Steven Smith (capt), 5 Adam Voges, 6 Mitchell Marsh, 7 Peter Nevill (wk), 8 Steve O'Keefe, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Nathan Lyon, 11 Josh Hazlewood.

Aussie team has a stable look to it, O'Keefe apart. A bit surprised Nevill has held on to a place so long without proper runs.

Starts 5.30am bst.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby GarlicJam » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:54 am

The batting looks prone to fragility with Marsh at six - the selectors are due to have their faith repaid - and Nevill(e).

In Nevill(e)'s defence though, he is there as a 'keeper and he is an old-fashioned one. A good 'keeper who may not score a great deal of runs but will stick around for a fair while and work for partnerships with the last batsman/bowlers.

(especially as it is not cricket season down here) He is not really being challenged for his place. I am happy to see him there, even if a few more runs would be good,
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby yuppie » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:03 am

Couple of early LBW's for Starc and Hazelwood.

SL need to hang around to make the most of potentially bowling last on this pitch.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby yuppie » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:20 am

3 wickets to the opening bowlers.

Hazelwood bowling a great line and getting reward.

SL in trouble, Chandimal and Mathews will have to save them again.
yuppie

Postby GarlicJam » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:29 am

Sri Lanka bundled out for sfa (117), Aus doing their best to beat that. after being 2/7, they have stormed along to 18 with no further loss of wicket (yet).

Short test, perhaps?
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:42 am

How did Sri lanka get out cheaply, batting doesn't look that difficult when Australia are batting although I know their lost 2 early wickets but Smith and khawaja look secure.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:43 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Australia 1 David Warner, 2 Joe Burns, 3 Usman Khawaja, 4 Steven Smith (capt), 5 Adam Voges, 6 Mitchell Marsh, 7 Peter Nevill (wk), 8 Steve O'Keefe, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Nathan Lyon, 11 Josh Hazlewood.

Aussie team has a stable look to it, O'Keefe apart. A bit surprised Nevill has held on to a place so long without proper runs.

Starts 5.30am bst.

Arthur game live on Eurosports in the Uk.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:45 am

GarlicJam wrote:The batting looks prone to fragility with Marsh at six - the selectors are due to have their faith repaid - and Nevill(e).

In Nevill(e)'s defence though, he is there as a 'keeper and he is an old-fashioned one. A good 'keeper who may not score a great deal of runs but will stick around for a fair while and work for partnerships with the last batsman/bowlers.

(especially as it is not cricket season down here) He is not really being challenged for his place. I am happy to see him there, even if a few more runs would be good,

Garlic is there any specific reason why Aussies generally don't follow or watch cricket in the winter, of course having winter cricket on pay makes a difference, but even the Winter Ashes are followed less in Australia.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby from_the_stands » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:41 am

bhaveshgor wrote:
GarlicJam wrote:The batting looks prone to fragility with Marsh at six - the selectors are due to have their faith repaid - and Nevill(e).

Garlic is there any specific reason why Aussies generally don't follow or watch cricket in the winter, of course having winter cricket on pay makes a difference, but even the Winter Ashes are followed less in Australia.

If I may interject on behalf of my Tasmanian contemporary, it's footy season down under, which is a pretty tribal business in these parts. Some AFL matches are even played abroad; in NZ and way down in Tasvegas. Some good footballers have come from Tassie. The immigration department turn a blind eye to Tasmanians coming over to play our great game. Come summer time, when it's cricket season, we're all on the same side (more or less).

:Aus:
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby alfie » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:35 am

Well I intended to watch this evening from Melbourne ...but arrive home late to find Australia 58/2 : thought they must have been batting a bit slow !
Then I see Sri Lanka have been and gone already...

And then...the rain comes.

Lot of bowled and lbw for day one : is it keeping low ?
alfie

Postby alfie » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:41 am

I see O'Keefe continued his good form...making the most of his chance here :thumb

Hazelwood in the wickets too. Sri Lanka , perhaps predictably , not handling it with the bat. Suppose we might have a match as Australia will have to bat last ; but I'd fancy them to get a pretty handy lead from here so I think that first innings may have cooked the home team's goose.
alfie

Postby backfootpunch » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:24 pm

Lack of highlights on eurosport is a little annoying
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Much rain is forecast.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby yuppie » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:03 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Much rain is forecast.

Not sure, but if the wickets continue to fall like they have, then not a lot time will be needed.

Nice to see Australian spinners getting some wickets. Might give them a bit of confidence when playing in India next year.
yuppie

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches