2nd Test England v Pakistan, Old Trafford, 22-26 July

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: 2nd Test England v Pakistan, Old Trafford, 22-26 July

Postby backfootpunch » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:17 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:Tbh the article was mostly on younis Khan change in his stance and that the stance won't be good enough to score runs when their is pace and bounce in the wicket.
So far in this series younis Khan looked very uncomfortable and vulnerable.

He essentially adapted his stance to suit the UAE pitches and to average well in those conditions but now he needs to adapt to English conditions.

Tbh think the article compared his 2002 and 2006 stance as well and his totally different.

Think this remind me of eoin Morgan troubles in 2012/13 when he was moving all over the place like younis Khan.

Eoin morgan was almost sitting down in those days

Bending his knees so much his arse was on the ground
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Re: 2nd Test England v Pakistan, Old Trafford, 22-26 July

Postby alfie » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:32 pm

sussexpob wrote:Someone fails at 38 in two tests, and then this article appears? He has gotten starts, just hasnt moved on. He gets another start in the 25-30 zone like he has 75% of times this series, and he might turn it into a match winning score.

If he was struggling to get past 10 after a more than two match lean period, id worry. But coming off averaging 65 in 22 of his last tests before this, it makes articles like this seem moronic.

I both agree and disagree with this : Certainly two matches are hardly enough to write off a fine player like Younus. We will see what he does in the remaining games.

But I think getting to twenty odd and then getting out is arguably a worse sign than being cleaned up early two or three times . Anyone can get a good ball early ; but once you get to twenty on a good pitch , you really ought to go on. For such a mature player , I think that is a worrying sign.
alfie

Previous

Return to Live Cricket Matches