NZ tour of India, Sept 22- Oct 26

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: NZ tour of India, Sept 22- Oct 26

Postby meninblue » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Red Devil wrote:
Adi wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:Great effort overall for the Kiwis (post-BMac) to take it the the limit in the home of limited overs cricket.

Arthur, this was our second string bowling attack. Kiwis should have done better batting in all 5 ODI in this context.

Dhawan, Rahul, Vijay and Raina all missing through injury and Jadeja and Ashwin rested - still agree that NZ did pretty well to have it at 2-2 going into this game.

Bhuvi and Shami too are injured/rested.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby The Professor » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Men of the series for me were:

1. Amit Mishra
2. Virat Kohli
3. Tim Southee
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby shankycricket » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Red Devil wrote:
Adi wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:Great effort overall for the Kiwis (post-BMac) to take it the the limit in the home of limited overs cricket.

Arthur, this was our second string bowling attack. Kiwis should have done better batting in all 5 ODI in this context.

Dhawan, Rahul, Vijay and Raina all missing through injury and Jadeja and Ashwin rested - still agree that NZ did pretty well to have it at 2-2 going into this game.

Vijay is not in the ODI scheme of things and Raina was lucky to be picked in the first place before getting injured. Agree on the whole though.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby shankycricket » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Not sure about the "home of limited overs cricket" comment though. This is India's first ODI series win over non-Zimbabwe opponent in nearly 2 years and even their previous wins 2 years ago were SL and WI at home in 2014, BD and England away in the same year (when both these teams were crap), got blanked in SA and NZ before that, failed to reach the final of the Asia Cup. Their last series win over a good ODI side was probably against Australia at home in 2013 (Australia are a pretty good side in limited overs cricket in Asia irrespective of their Test performances).

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Postby The Professor » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:16 pm

I think India sees Yadav as a Sreesanth type player but I am unconvinced.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby shankycricket » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:20 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:Thought you didn't like or support india shanky so why would you be scared for india losing in delhi.

Just came across this. The scared emoticon was to reflect how intimidating their record was at Delhi and I'm glad to see it broken. Hopefully soon in Tests as well. :rasta

shankycricket

Previous

Return to Live Cricket Matches