SA tour of Australia, Oct 22-Nov 28

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: SA tour of Australia, Oct 22-Nov 28

Postby The Professor » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:52 pm

South Africa's only chance is for Quinton de Kock to hang around for a bit now. Australia will need to polish them off promptly tomorrow and wrap it up.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby yuppie » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:35 pm

Australia have done well today. When they lost 3 quick wickets yesterday it seemed that they would struggle to get more than a 50 run lead.

SA would think that anything over 150 chase might cause this fragile batting line up some problems. It also seems difficult to bat in the evening. So Australia will need to do everything possible to not be batting tomorrow evening. That could decide the outcome of the game.

Just watched the highlights, Lyon seems to be bowling well. Thankfully there was no knee jerk reaction and him getting dropped. His last over was very well bowled.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby The Professor » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:19 pm

There was no knee jerk reaction because there was no one to jerk to...O'Keefe's injury only thing keeping Lyon in the squad.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Kent

Postby GarlicJam » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:04 pm

very much conjecture, 365. He may well have been dropped, but the number of other players already gone was working in his favour.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby The Professor » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:31 pm

Trevor Hohns said he was “in serious contention.” Which is usually sports admin for "yes"
The Professor

Kent

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:17 am

365notout wrote:Trevor Hohns said he was “in serious contention.” Which is usually sports admin for "yes"

Hohns is twenty five years retired. It shows how vulnerable Lyon is, that he was so near selection.

Sorry.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby GarlicJam » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:13 am

365notout wrote:Trevor Hohns said he was “in serious contention.” Which is usually sports admin for "yes"

I generally interpret that to mean "not this time, Sonny, but keep your pecker up and your turn will come"

(by the "in serious contention", I am assuming that you mean O'Keefe, and selection?)
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby GarlicJam » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:49 am

I hear that Nevill(e) is currently on 133 n.o. at lunch on the second day, vs Tas at Bellerive.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:51 am

Bird has just earned his match fee, getting de Kock early.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:31 am

Starc gets Big Vern with the lead on Nelson. Aussies can't lose now.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby GarlicJam » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:45 am

GarlicJam wrote:I hear that Nevill(e) is currently on 133 n.o. at lunch on the second day, vs Tas at Bellerive.

It won't matter. Wade has staked his claim. Ironically just not with the bat.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Postby GarlicJam » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:46 am

and the new ball does for the Seffers.

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Starc gets Big Vern with the lead on Nelson. Aussies can't lose now.

you *modded*!

Although I think that they will win, despite your best efforts.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Postby shankycricket » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:26 am

yuppie wrote:Australia have done well today. When they lost 3 quick wickets yesterday it seemed that they would struggle to get more than a 50 run lead.

SA would think that anything over 150 chase might cause this fragile batting line up some problems. It also seems difficult to bat in the evening. So Australia will need to do everything possible to not be batting tomorrow evening. That could decide the outcome of the game.

Just watched the highlights, Lyon seems to be bowling well. Thankfully there was no knee jerk reaction and him getting dropped. His last over was very well bowled.

ONE good SPELL after 5 horrendous Test matches in a row and an absolutely beyond disgraceful record in Asian conditions (which are designed for spin bowling)!!!!!!! Think you are the one who is reacting knee jerkly here pretending all is well with him after one spell!!
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby shankycricket » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 am

365notout wrote:There was no knee jerk reaction because there was no one to jerk to...O'Keefe's injury only thing keeping Lyon in the squad.

Lyon's performance here is an absolute disaster for our chances in BCCI. I've run out of vocabulary to describe just how piss poor he is in Asian conditions. WORST spinner ever in Asian conditions among those who have had 4 tours to the region. I challenge all the Lyon fans here to name worse.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby sussexpob » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:54 pm

shankycricket wrote:
365notout wrote:There was no knee jerk reaction because there was no one to jerk to...O'Keefe's injury only thing keeping Lyon in the squad.

Lyon's performance here is an absolute disaster for our chances in BCCI. I've run out of vocabulary to describe just how piss poor he is in Asian conditions. WORST spinner ever in Asian conditions among those who have had 4 tours to the region. I challenge all the Lyon fans here to name worse.

Jeetan Patel...
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches