England Versus India - 1st Test (9 Nov - 13 Nov)

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

England Versus India - 1st Test (9 Nov - 13 Nov)

Postby meninblue » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:02 pm

Fixtures:

Wed Nov 9 - Sun Nov 13 09:30 local (04:00 GMT)
1st Test - India v England
Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot
LIVE Thu Nov 17 - Mon Nov 21 09:30 local (04:00 GMT)

2nd Test - India v England
Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam
LIVE Sat Nov 26 - Wed Nov 30 09:30 local (04:00 GMT)

3rd Test - India v England
Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh
LIVE Thu Dec 8 - Mon Dec 12 09:30 local (04:00 GMT)

4th Test - India v England
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
LIVE Fri Dec 16 - Tue Dec 20 09:30 local (04:00 GMT)

5th Test - India v England
MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai
LIVE
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Re: England Versus India - 1st Test (9 Nov - 13 Nov)

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Isn't this in the wrong section.
Anyway start of the discussion by saying india agreed to use DRS and that Anderson will miss the first 3 test, missing the first 2 because he playing lions cricket against UAE 11.
apparently he would have played the 2nd test if England had some warm up games in India.

crazy that England don't have any warm up games and the lions not really doing much think lions stuff end after the test series and even then they not exactly facing top opposition.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby meninblue » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:05 pm

Indian bowlers (Ashwin, Jaddu and Shami)have got rest as they are not playing ODI series versus NZL. Mishra, Umesh and Ishant are fully fit at this point of time. Hopefully Bhuvi too has recovered. Full first and second line of bowling unit is available for selection.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Any reason not to view a whitewash as the most likely outcome? Might well not happen, but India will be favourites for each Test.

Another issue is the England squad. The one in BD hasn't been chosen for India, so changes are possible.If Ballance was to fail in the second BD Test, maybe he'd be dropped for India. But perversely, if he gets dropped for the second BD, maybe he'd be more likely to survive for India.

I think Ball replaced Anderson, so I guess he'll make way once the Burnley Gob returns from injury.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Making_Splinters » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Let's be honest, anything other than a whitewash would be a huge achievement for England.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby meninblue » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Without Monty and Swann , India have to be favorites. England will miss both and hence results will be favoring India this time.Which 2 England bowlers will bowl 35+ overs spells in some Indian batting innings. 2 spinners are must else some pacer will be injured due to workload in case of 1 spinner.
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Yes, that seems true (Splinters). England are the most enfeebled of underdogs in these conditions. A positive would if they come out of the series with a viable batting line up- or even a main spinner for future Tests.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:46 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Any reason not to view a whitewash as the most likely outcome? Might well not happen, but India will be favourites for each Test.

Another issue is the England squad. The one in BD hasn't been chosen for India, so changes are possible.If Ballance was to fail in the second BD Test, maybe he'd be dropped for India. But perversely, if he gets dropped for the second BD, maybe he'd be more likely to survive for India.

I think Ball replaced Anderson, so I guess he'll make way once the Burnley Gob returns from injury.

But how can england make changes considering no one in the country playing cricket at the moment and all they doing is having nets in a tent outside loughbourgh?
they won't even reach UAE till December.

Suspect the same squad will be selected but probably ballance getting dropped for someone else in the starting lineup.

Would be very odd and silly to drop someone and then pick someone that hasn't scored any runs or probably hasn't even started they winter batting training yet.
I might be wrong but lions tend to spend Sept-oct on fitness, strength and other stuff think most of the players get a break from batting and bowling.
Think they will actually get bowling or batting mid nov or early Nov.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby hopeforthebest » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:56 pm

I'd be disappointed if Rashid goes to India as he's unlikely to be a threat to Indian batsmen or economical. Also treat Moeen as an a batting all rounder not a front line spinner by pushing him up to bat at 4 in place of Ballance which makes room for a front line spinner.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Postby andy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:58 pm

having seen how we played Bangladesh's spinners, im really worried about our batters facing Ashwin, it's gonna be hide behind the sofa time :hide
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Presumably England have players on stand by. It would be a bit remiss of them not to. On split winter tours, it is common to get changes. Obviously, this would not be ideal. But it's feasible.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Presumably England have players on stand by. It would be a bit remiss of them not to. On split winter tours, it is common to get changes. Obviously, this would not be ideal. But it's feasible.

I be 99% certain the same squad selected considering the stand by players are in bangladesh or named in the squad, do you really think england selected such a big squad for 2 test matches.
the original plan was to pick both the squad together, can't see that changing.
the only real change will be that 19 players will go to India with Anderson joining the party and ball not going home.

Not really sure what other batsman/spinner etc can replace ballance or Rashid.
rashid will definitely go and ballance won't get dropped after a test and miss the squad all together.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:31 pm

Obviously, the plan is to send the same squad to India. But they made clear that the one in BD was just for that series. A similar thing happened in 2005-6. Inexperienced spinners didn't look good in Pakistan before new year, so new players were picked for India. Monty, and Blackwell. Someone would have to tank badly for a change to be made, but it's possible the England selectors could get spooked by bad displays in BD.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Obviously, the plan is to send the same squad to India. But they made clear that the one in BD was just for that series. A similar thing happened in 2005-6. Inexperienced spinners didn't look good in Pakistan before new year, so new players were picked for India. Monty, and Blackwell. Someone would have to tank badly for a change to be made, but it's possible the England selectors could get spooked by bad displays in BD.

Gd points but think the gap of a week might be a crucial difference.
Pakistan series was in December and the India tours was in march/April i think and weirdly in those days not sure england vs india series was that big so maybe the selectors felt more comfortable blooding new players they did try a lot of new players in that series, Owais shah, Cook, Monty, blackwell etc and think Anderson got recalled as well.
England vs India was a massive outlier in the 90s/00s, really hard to explain why England only toured India 3 times in the naughties that to with a total of 6 test and india only toured twice in England again with a total of 7 test with one of them only having 3 test matches and 7 odi.

plus have to remember england just won the ashes on Reverse swing so they probably assumed they could do the same in pakistan which was the home of reverse swing at the time or in the 90s.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby hopeforthebest » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:08 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Obviously, the plan is to send the same squad to India. But they made clear that the one in BD was just for that series. A similar thing happened in 2005-6. Inexperienced spinners didn't look good in Pakistan before new year, so new players were picked for India. Monty, and Blackwell. Someone would have to tank badly for a change to be made, but it's possible the England selectors could get spooked by bad displays in BD.

Hales was the opener in possession so maybe he'll return and Duckett hasn't impressed so far, he looks very much an ODI batsman.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Next

Return to Live Cricket Matches