England Versus India - 1st Test (9 Nov - 13 Nov)

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: England Versus India - 1st Test (9 Nov - 13 Nov)

Postby meninblue » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:43 pm

Aidan11 wrote:
Adi wrote:Is experiment of Alex Hales as opener over or is it that he was injured for Bangladesh tour.

He refused to tour on safety grounds.

I doubt he'll be in for India but he may still have a chance next summer.

The opening pair has not been sorted. Duckett too has not impressed.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Adi wrote:
Aidan11 wrote:
Adi wrote:Is experiment of Alex Hales as opener over or is it that he was injured for Bangladesh tour.

He refused to tour on safety grounds.

I doubt he'll be in for India but he may still have a chance next summer.

The opening pair has not been sorted. Duckett too has not impressed.

Four innings at Test level have already resulted in a half century, in Asian conditions no less. Two warm ups have given two half centuries, he scored another two in the ODI series.

Duckett has done pretty damn well, slightly amusingly I was just drawing chagrin with this exact topic 30 seconds ago.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:51 pm

Duckett done well in his first tour showed signs of his potential might bat in the middle order soon though.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Aidan11 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:52 pm

We've got to stop this becoming 5-0 before we've even gone there.

The question is How?
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Aidan11 wrote:We've got to stop this becoming 5-0 before we've even gone there.

The question is How?

pick another spinner, drop ballance and drop Finn as well and pick an extra batsman just in case someone fails.
they really should have picked leach now but guessing selectors are embarrassed of leach doing well.

plus the crucial part bat better and hope the ball does all sort and ali/rashid/stokes get 20 wicket to win the game and india choke with the bat or the more likely aspect of a cyclone hitting Vizag.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:00 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:

The question is How?

pick another spinner, drop ballance and drop Finn as well and pick an extra batsman just in case someone fails.
they really should have picked leach now but guessing selectors are embarrassed of leach doing well.

plus the crucial part bat better and hope the ball does all sort and ali/rashid/stokes get 20 wicket to win the game and india choke with the bat or the more likely aspect of a cyclone hitting Vizag.

Throwing a young spinner like Leach under the wheels of the Indian juggernaut is a sure fire way of ruining any future he had at the top level.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:04 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:

The question is How?

Throwing a young spinner like Leach under the wheels of the Indian juggernaut is a sure fire way of ruining any future he had at the top level.

I'm beginning to think that way. But why is it BD could pick a 19 year old debutant who was their star bowler. I suspect a 19yr old in some countries just isn't the same as one from UK.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:28 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:

The question is How?

doesn't have to be that way if you have faith in the player or actually back him to do well.
look at cook and root.
really baffles me why people always look at the negatives and not at the positives.
if leach is talented he would do well irrespective of his age.
Either way leach should be in the touring party so they can actually see how he bowls in the nets or in the middle to the English player might turn out he bowls better than rashid/ansari.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:

The question is How?

I'm beginning to think that way. But why is it BD could pick a 19 year old debutant who was their star bowler. I suspect a 19yr old in some countries just isn't the same as one from UK.

wonder if the volume of cricket make the difference the guy might be 19 but he probably been playing proper cricket since 14 whereas in england they don't play proper cricket till 17 or 18.
berry think this is reason why england are awful in under 19 cricket where india usually dominates alongside pakistan.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:40 pm

bayliss just saying he got no idea on which 3 spinners will start in india.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Aidan11 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:44 pm

He's definitely going to have three then.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:48 pm

is the squad set on stone or can they actually changed it now.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:56 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:

The question is How?

doesn't have to be that way if you have faith in the player or actually back him to do well.
look at cook and root.
really baffles me why people always look at the negatives and not at the positives.
Either way leach should be in the touring party so they can actually see how he bowls in the nets or in the middle to the English player might turn out he bowls better than rashid/ansari.

You said it best, look at Cook. He has no idea how to handle new bowlers or instil any confidence in them. My think on this is slightly bias after the damage England did to Kerrigan, but I don't think the best way to bring a player into Test cricket is by throwing them against the hardest test they will face as an international player. Unfortunately, England have become spectacularly bad at planning long term over the last few years.

Lyth was not given a perfect opportunity to get his feet under the desk opening in the West Indies instead having to front up to New Zealand and Australia in England, which is hard. Hales wasn't given the opportunity to open in the UAE instead had to deal with South Africa away as his first assignment. At no point over the summer knowing we had two tours of the sub continent coming up did we have a look at our other spin options.

Every player has to start somewhere, but starting against India as a spinner borders on nihilism.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:56 pm

interesting comment from bayliss saying they got a 3 day game practice in india, wonder where they playing the game and against whom.
can't be any stadium in India considering BCCI own all stadium and training facilities in india unless they playing in some private facility or in the street.

and bayliss denies that some players are looking at club cricket in mumbai.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:00 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:

The question is How?

look at cook and root.

You said it best, look at Cook. He has no idea how to handle new bowlers or instil any confidence in them. My think on this is slightly bias after the damage England did to Kerrigan, but I don't think the best way to bring a player into Test cricket is by throwing them against the hardest test they will face as an international player. Unfortunately, England have become spectacularly bad at planning long term over the last few years.

Lyth was not given a perfect opportunity to get his feet under the desk opening in the West Indies instead having to front up to New Zealand and Australia in England, which is hard. Hales wasn't given the opportunity to open in the UAE instead had to deal with South Africa away as his first assignment. At no point over the summer knowing we had two tours of the sub continent coming up did we have a look at our other spin options.

Every player has to start somewhere, but starting against India as a spinner borders on nihilism.

:thumb
found it crazy rashid didn't play last summer after actually bowling well and landing 60 balls in the right place against sri lanka.
said at the time rashid should be playing when he can actually land the ball and have rhythm no surprise he lost the rhythm by being the 12th man and not bowling much for yorkshire.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches