2nd Test: India v England at Visakhapatnam on Nov 17-21,

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: 2nd Test: India v England at Visakhapatnam on Nov 17-21,

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:20 pm

I knew you had something to say about the toss!

Might be a better game if England win the... oh... it doesn't matter!
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:22 pm

I'm sure England can make the pitch look as much of a minefield as the Kiwis.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:35 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I knew you had something to say about the toss!

Might be a better game if England win the... oh... it doesn't matter!

Should be a better game if England win the toss doubt still remain if India can chase a total to win test, haven't actually chased a game since 2013 to win a test.
Plus you never know what happens if England post 300 odd first up.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:41 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I'm sure England can make the pitch look as much of a minefield as the Kiwis.

England batted well in the first test and got a decent core of batsman plus they bat deep which can be dangerous.
Cook back in form as well.

Be surprised if they are poor like NZ that actually made the pitch look like a minefield, England did well on day 5 rajkot pitch under pressure for a session, India gave up too easily in the end but they batted well, no reason why they can't bat well here in similar condition on day 1 or 2.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:48 pm

Get the impression that batting gets easier with an older ball on these pitches as the bounce gets more predictable, so having a lot of batting helps. But that helps India more, at home anyway.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:55 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Get the impression that batting gets easier with an older ball on these pitches as the bounce gets more predictable, so having a lot of batting helps. But that helps India more, at home anyway.

Yep that is correct which can make reverse swing crucial although right now only India can get it to swing in India.
Reverse swing and the tail runs were the difference between India and NZ.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:59 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Get the impression that batting gets easier with an older ball on these pitches as the bounce gets more predictable, so having a lot of batting helps. But that helps India more, at home anyway.

The spin gets predictable as well.
Suspect this will be a good wicket for test cricket, predictable bounce and turn but help for the bowlers on day 1. I know groundsman saying day 2 before lunch but the guy talking hogwash really and being nice to the English media and players.

Wouldn't surprise me if all 4 innings are similar in total scored.

Anyway we should find out tomorrow.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:06 am

bhaveshgor wrote:

Yep that is correct which can make reverse swing crucial although right now only India can get it to swing in India.
Reverse swing and the tail runs were the difference between India and NZ.

Fair enough, different if there's reverse swing. Which England may get the hang of, given the ball and conditions, as the series goes on (they got some from the third Test last time, Finn with a little venom, and Anderson with guile). But yes, right now that helps India more.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:32 am

Great awful start from india winning the toss.

yeah toss is massive in india right adi.
England have lost the toss in Vizag, but each of their last six wins in India, dating back to 1980, were achieved after a lost toss

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby meninblue » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:45 am

Win the toss and elected to bat :dance
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:57 am

bhaveshgor wrote:Great awful start from india winning the toss.

England have lost the toss in Vizag, but each of their last six wins in India, dating back to 1980, were achieved after a lost toss

Virat too beleives it is better to bat on day 3 and day 4 in second innings than to bat on day 4 and 5 in India. I agree with that logic as per my posts few days back that captains will prefer to bat first here :thumb
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:59 am

Adi wrote:

Virat too beleives it is better to bat on day 3 and day 4 in second innings than to bat on day 4 and 5 in India. I agree with that logic as per my posts few days back that captains will prefer to bat first here :thumb

You seen the Ranji stats yet adi with 50-50% toss results and with most captains bowling first.
Big difference between saying teams would prefer to bat first and to say toss is so crucial that the only team winning is the team winning the toss.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby meninblue » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:06 am

bhaveshgor wrote:
Adi wrote:

You seen the Ranji stats yet adi with 50-50% toss results and with most captains bowling first.
Big difference between saying teams would prefer to bat first and to say toss is so crucial that the only team winning is the team winning the toss.

I will give you stats if i manage time to do that research.

However, Cook won toss opted to bat first. Virat won toss opts to bat first. You will see this pattern continuing in 4 out of 5 tests if not throughout the 5 tests.Thats all i would say about this toss in India. Now it is time to cheer the team and follow scorecard while at work. :india
Last edited by meninblue on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:09 am

Good to see Rahul is fit. Better inform option than Gauti as opener now and also better than Gauti in field.
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:12 am

Adi wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
Adi wrote:

I will give you stats if i manage time to do that research.

However, Cook won toss opted to bat first. Virat won toss opts to bat first. You will see this pattern continuing in 4 out of 5 tests if not throughout the 5 tests.Thats all i would say about this toss in India. Now it is time to cheer the team and follow scorecard while at work. :india

Good luck finding evidence that a toss bias exist in india on Ranji trophy or Test it is impossible for Mumbai and india to dominate cricket in india if a toss bias exists.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches