3rd Test: India v England at Mohali on Nov 26-30

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: 3rd Test: India v England at Mohali on Nov 26-30

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Adi wrote:Rahul, Ajinkya and Saha are not scoring many runs. However Ashwin and Jayant have contributed with scores and somehow covered the weakness. Ashwin and Jayant were also good with the ball. Seems like all this will allow Virat to play 5 bowlers again.

No runs from either partner of VJ yet. No runs for Jadeja. Not much from the pace bowlers. India can currently afford to ignore their weaknesses though.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Think india playing 5 bowlers in all the test and maybe in Aus series as well.
Rohit must be kicking himself now since the only way back in the team is if he opens in test or Pujara opens with Rahul getting dropped but in the same time the guy talented as well to score big runs and to make Rohit miss out on the Test team again.
pretty certain Test cricket isn't rohit game, been so unlucky with injuries and been poor at the same time.
how different would his career be if he was able to play in 2008 but a freak injury cost him a game and had to wait 4 yrs for a chance and then he had to play in SA, Eng, NZ and Aus straightaway with no meaningful home games and was in and out of the side and when it looks like he getting a decent run he get injured for 6 months.
Kumble and Kohli wanted Rohit to play all the home test as well to see if he can make it as a test cricketer but hard to see him getting a chance again till late 2017.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:
Adi wrote:Rahul, Ajinkya and Saha are not scoring many runs. However Ashwin and Jayant have contributed with scores and somehow covered the weakness. Ashwin and Jayant were also good with the ball. Seems like all this will allow Virat to play 5 bowlers again.

No runs from either partner of VJ yet. No runs for Jadeja. Not much from the pace bowlers. India can currently afford to ignore their weaknesses though.

You talking about runs or wickets for the pace bowlers Arthur.
if runs very harsh since they can't bat and even then they been slogging some good runs.
Wickets Shami and Yadav been impressive, outbowled the english pace men in Rajkot got reverse swing and england didn't and they were good here.
very harsh to call fast bowling a weakness and even if it was a weakness they would just drop Yadav and pick a batsman like they did last year or against Australia.
think the key been 2 or 3 indians have scored an hundred in the first innings and if all the 9 batsman scored runs in the same innings then india looking at 650-700 total and if india get that england would have to be crap with the ball or Ashwin and kohli going to be having words with the groundsman since they hate Ashwin not getting wickets in the first innings and any draws.
india haven't exactly scored big runs in india lately, before this series only Rahane actually averaged 50, the rest mid 40, low 40 or high 30s.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:

Broad 6 wickets
Shami 5 wickets
Anderson 4 wickets
Yadav 3 wickets dropped so many times in rajkot.
stokes 2 wickets
Woakes 1 wickets
but yeah the india pace men is a weakness and England pace strength is a strength that will make them win the test or series "this is at boycott"
from the pace men only Yadav is a weakness and india will not drop him since he add quick pace to the side and really he doesn't have to bowl much either if he bowling dross.
Average is similar to Stokes and Woakes which is awkard since Woakes is likely to bowl more overs than Yadav and stokes is the 3rd seam option.

only broad and Anderson average less than Shami and broad missing Mohali.
pretty early saying pace men is a weakness when they been quite good so far in the series when Kohli needs them to take wickets.

plus Shami is a skill operator with the reverse ball and Yadav not that bad either.
so if the ball reverse swinging they in the game.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby shankycricket » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:22 pm

Why is there a thread? Just ask BhaveshGor. India have already won the Test. They may or may not win the toss but it will never be important anyway. Why do they even bother with it? If India win the toss, they will win without the toss having been important. If England win the toss, they will lose anyway since well, the toss isn't important anyway.

Bottom Line : TOSS IS NOT IMPORTANT. INDIA HAVE ALREADY WON THE SERIES.

Why are we still setting up new threads about a series thats over? :?
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby shankycricket » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Toss is my religion. Bhavesh Gorsia is my God.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby Making_Splinters » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:30 pm

To be honest, I'd agree that India have already won the series. As soon as England collapsed in a heap against spin once, that was the series over unless for some reason we get another batting pitch.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:22 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:To be honest, I'd agree that India have already won the series. As soon as England collapsed in a heap against spin once, that was the series over unless for some reason we get another batting pitch.

We can't afford to bat as poorly in the first innings again as we did in the last test

Not making 350 on that wicket was criminal really as it was flat at that stage

By day 4 and 5 it was a very tough pitch to bat on and we had no chance to survive that long once cook went
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Postby rich1uk » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:34 pm

backfootpunch wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:To be honest, I'd agree that India have already won the series. As soon as England collapsed in a heap against spin once, that was the series over unless for some reason we get another batting pitch.

We can't afford to bat as poorly in the first innings again as we did in the last test

By day 4 and 5 it was a very tough pitch to bat on and we had no chance to survive that long once cook went

one terrible hour between overs 20 and 35 where we went from 51-1 to 80-5 cost us any chance of staying in the game
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:39 pm

Cook talking well about rashid and his improvement

It's clear cook is starting to have faith in him, hopefully he continues to improve

He has all the talent in the world, spins his leggie big and has a good googly, what he has always seemed to lack is consistency and a bit like woakes a year ago you get the sense he didn't have the confidence in himself to succeed

Hopefully he can build on this good start and start to feel he is a key member of the team just like woakes has

Though iv always had a soft spot for adil so you might want to ignore me as he'll probably get carted to all corners in this match :lol:
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Postby Making_Splinters » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:40 pm

The problem with Rashid is his stock ball isn't very good. He has lots of variations but not a delivery that he can land in the right place time and again, that's not a good thing.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:41 pm

rich1uk wrote:
backfootpunch wrote:

one terrible hour between overs 20 and 35 where we went from 51-1 to 80-5 cost us any chance of staying in the game

Yup, dropping kohli when he was well set didn't help either

Had india made 350 not 450 it could have been a different game

You can only expect to lose in away conditions when simple mistakes are made

backfootpunch

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:44 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:The problem with Rashid is his stock ball isn't very good. He has lots of variations but not a delivery that he can land in the right place time and again, that's not a good thing.

You can't say it isn't much better than it was even compared to Bangladesh though

His control is definitely much better, going at just above 3 an over in the first innings bowling a lot to a well set virat kohli shows that

Especially with the fields cook sets, with hardly anyone stopping the singles

backfootpunch

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:45 pm

Yeah rashid a bit like Tahir, although Rashid been impressive in this series but the impression you always get with him that he will bowl a bad spell or have an awful game soon.
Anyway he been taking tail end wickets so that is a plus do think he might need to bowl less in the first innings, Rashid been quite ineffective when the ball not turning much so hard to see how he can actually be a number 1 spinner outside asia.
only really pujara, Kohli been picking him the rest all struggled against him so that also a good sign.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:50 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:Yeah rashid a bit like Tahir, although Rashid been impressive in this series but the impression you always get with him that he will bowl a bad spell or have an awful game soon.
Anyway he been taking tail end wickets so that is a plus do think he might need to bowl less in the first innings, Rashid been quite ineffective when the ball not turning much so hard to see how he can actually be a number 1 spinner outside asia.
only really pujara, Kohli been picking him the rest all struggled against him so that also a good sign.

That's the benefit of stokes

We can play four seamers so we don't need a holding spinner in the first innings outside of asia

And we have had massive problems getting the tail out so if he can do that consistently that would be a big bonus

backfootpunch

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches