Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: 3rd Test: India v England at Mohali on Nov 26-30

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:55 pm

The way they are feiting Hameed is starting to annoy me

Just let the lad play

If he was 5 or 6 years older they wouldn't be saying half these things
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Postby Making_Splinters » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:03 pm

backfootpunch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:Yeah rashid a bit like Tahir, although Rashid been impressive in this series but the impression you always get with him that he will bowl a bad spell or have an awful game soon.
Anyway he been taking tail end wickets so that is a plus do think he might need to bowl less in the first innings, Rashid been quite ineffective when the ball not turning much so hard to see how he can actually be a number 1 spinner outside asia.
only really pujara, Kohli been picking him the rest all struggled against him so that also a good sign.

That's the benefit of stokes

We can play four seamers so we don't need a holding spinner in the first innings outside of asia

And we have had massive problems getting the tail out so if he can do that consistently that would be a big bonus

Also if Ali can continue his development and become a top 5 batsman full time we could play 2 spinners in all conditions.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Making_Splinters » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:04 pm

backfootpunch wrote:The way they are feiting Hameed is starting to annoy me

Just let the lad play

If he was 5 or 6 years older they wouldn't be saying half these things

I agree, but I'm fairly sure I'm banned from drawing chagrin about this anymore.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby bigfluffylemon » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:56 am

I agree about Hameed too.

By the sound of it Broad might be rotated/rested, especially as he had that injury concern, with Woakes coming back in, since he was rested for the second test. I reckon we'll see Buttler, Batty and Woakes for Duckett, Ansari and Broad.

Sounds odd to say after a heavy defeat, but England's performance in the first two tests has actually been decent. They've matched India for much of both games - the difference has really been in the class of Kohli, England's collapsing, and the greater experience of India in the conditions. Don't get me wrong, I still expect England to lose the series, and comfortably, but I wouldn't be surprised if they can sneak a win somewhere. Both sides can struggle under pressure, so if England can win the toss, put up a good score and then get Kohli out cheaply in reply, I think they could force a win.

I really think England are only three players (an opener, a middle order batsman and a spinner) away from being a very, very good side. I am probably far more optimistic about next year's Ashes that common sense and experience tells me I should be.

That said, it's going to be 3-0 or 3-1 India in this series :?
2022 Big Bash League FL
2023 Women's T20 World Cup FL
bigfluffylemon

Team(s) Supported: England. Australia.
Any team playing good cricket in the right spirit.

Postby rich1uk » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:06 am

yeah we maybe have been a bit too much doom and gloom

i still think duckett needs to be persevered with, maybe not in this series, but he should still be there or thereabouts for the home summer, i think bell-drummond should be in contention as well, so its not like we dont have some options on the batting side. in cook, root, moeen, stokes and bairstow thats a pretty solid core to build around.

where the spinner is coming from i'm not so sure, i agree with what was said above that rashid needs to get a more consistent stock ball and then use his variations around that, but there have been some good signs from him. Leach is the obvious hope for another spinner but he's still young and maybe needs to show last year wasn't a fluke. after this series we dont play any test cricket til July i believe so people will have another chance in the first couple of months of the county season to stake a claim.
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:30 am

I think they will be better off not listening to Kohli's wind up about playing too defensively. They should continue with the present plan. Chasing some impossible target and hitting the spinners isn't going to give a better outcome. India want England to go after the spinners. This is like some Steve Waugh mind game.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:33 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I think they will be better off not listening to Kohli's wind up about playing too defensively. They should continue with the present plan. Chasing some impossible target and hitting the spinners isn't going to give a better outcome. India want England to go after the spinners. This is like some Steve Waugh mind game.

Kohli showing some arrogance in making those remarks and perhaps in the light of his performances in England he should ponder on how to improve his approach in English conditions. Mind you there is some truth in what he said, simply attempting to stonewall every delivery rarely succeeds over a long period unless you are of a certain mentality, which with the advent of one day cricket is a rare quality these days.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Postby meninblue » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:10 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I think they will be better off not listening to Kohli's wind up about playing too defensively. They should continue with the present plan. Chasing some impossible target and hitting the spinners isn't going to give a better outcome. India want England to go after the spinners. This is like some Steve Waugh mind game.

Apart from top 3, remaining all are strokeplayers. I think he wants Cook, Haseeb and Joe to thrwo wickets..rightly so from his point of view.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:34 am

Not sure what kohli performances in England got to do with it since they not even playing in England or not going to very soon.
But again English fans only care about performances in England right.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:42 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:Not sure what kohli performances in England got to do with it since they not even playing in England or not going to very soon.

It's something to do with having a big mouth, something you should know a lot about.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

hopeforthebest

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:43 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:Not sure what kohli performances in England got to do with it since they not even playing in England or not going to very soon.

It's something to do with having a big mouth, something you should know a lot about.

Seems like someone can't take it england are losing 1-0 then.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:48 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:

What a big mouth got to do with him failing in england and then that having a part to play now. :stupid

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:54 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:

What a big mouth got to do with him failing in england and then that having a part to play now. :stupid

You've singlehandedly ruined friendly debate on this site so why don't you take the advice ddb gave you yesterday and Troll off back from whence you came.

hopeforthebest

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:59 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:

You've singlehandedly ruined friendly debate on this site so why don't you take the advice ddb gave you yesterday and Troll off back from whence you came.

You the one talking crap here so no I am not backing down here.
going then hope explain to me what Kohli poor england record got to do with what he said or how that has any affect on this series then hope.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:03 pm

Anyway in other news this is india squad for the next 3 test.
Virat (Capt), Rahane, Rahul, Vijay, Pujara, K Nair, Saha (WK), Ashwin, Jadeja, Jayant, Mishra, Shami, Umesh, Ishant, Bhuvi, Hardik

So one change bhuvneshwar kumar comes in for Gambhir.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches