Fourth Test: India v England, 8-12 Dec.

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: Fourth Test: India v England, 8-12 Dec.

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:00 pm

not sure it is when the sides is losing to pakistan, india and Sri lanka at home.
if you pick out the last 5 test defeats at home reckon england would be the most recent entrant in the list.
England do lose a lot at home than other teams.
Australia hardly lose at home apart from SA.
SA again hardly lose at home apart from Aus and the shock england win.
Pakistan never lose
India never lose
Sri lanka only really lose to the asian sides now.
Bangladesh drew 1-1 at home.
NZ only really starting to lose again at home with McCullum they were mostly unbeaten at home.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:01 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:If you use Pakistan losing in Australia as a reason to downrate England then you can use everyone elses defeats in india to put England's into context. England weren't a great side before the India series, though the Ashes and SA wins were decent achievements. They're not good enough to win in India. They're just a middle range Test side, hard to beat at home, inconsistent away. Nowhere near good enough for the ultimate challenge.This series hasn't really shown anyone up but the odd disinterested patriot with a twitter account.

not really sure what you talking about.
Pakistan getting thrashed in NZ, Australia probably and not being able to score runs or take wicket yet win 2 test in England and should have won in england is a poor result for england especially when England and Anderson were so arrogant in the UAE saying watch when you come to england misbah and pakistan would struggle bit awkard that.
really the same thing happened yesterday.
I really can't see England dominating at home or being confident of them destroying kohli or any of the indian batsman so they average 13 in england, england just don't have the bowler that accurate enough or good enough for batsman to struggle against them in good batting decks.

if pakistan struggle against the bounce, Seam, Swing and generally out of their depth in NZ, Australia etc surely questions needs to be asked of how pakistan scored runs in england or they actually won 2 games.

Comparing the wickets in the England vs Pakistan series to the new Zealand vs Pakistan series is just ridiculous, we didn't ambush them with greentops. Or a raging Turner like Bangladesh produced for us and India produced for south africa

The ecb like flat wickets and 5 day matches to fill the coffers and charge people £60 a ticket
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:04 pm

But of course England will win most of the series that not really the point I am making.
but surely it is a problem that the margin of the pitch England need is quite small and they need to "doctor" pitch at home to be confident of a victory.
not sure England are so confident in their bowlers to win games on any pitches in England.
think it was quite telling that the bowlers were so confident in destroying pakistan batsman at home but then didn't really deliver.
although do admit pakistan were a very lucky team with the pitches, if india got those in 2014 they would have won the series and Australia the ashes in 2015.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby rich1uk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:06 pm

is there anyway to block someone's posts completely so you are not tempted to click on the "display this post" option as this persistent whining about england from bhav is getting extremely tiresome
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:09 pm

backfootpunch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:If you use Pakistan losing in Australia as a reason to downrate England then you can use everyone elses defeats in india to put England's into context. England weren't a great side before the India series, though the Ashes and SA wins were decent achievements. They're not good enough to win in India. They're just a middle range Test side, hard to beat at home, inconsistent away. Nowhere near good enough for the ultimate challenge.This series hasn't really shown anyone up but the odd disinterested patriot with a twitter account.

Pakistan getting thrashed in NZ, Australia probably and not being able to score runs or take wicket yet win 2 test in England and should have won in england is a poor result for england especially when England and Anderson were so arrogant in the UAE saying watch when you come to england misbah and pakistan would struggle bit awkard that.
I really can't see England dominating at home or being confident of them destroying kohli or any of the indian batsman so they average 13 in england, england just don't have the bowler that accurate enough or good enough for batsman to struggle against them in good batting decks.

if pakistan struggle against the bounce, Seam, Swing and generally out of their depth in NZ, Australia etc surely questions needs to be asked of how pakistan scored runs in england or they actually won 2 games.

Comparing the wickets in the England vs Pakistan series to the new Zealand vs Pakistan series is just ridiculous, we didn't ambush them with greentops. Or a raging Turner like Bangladesh produced for us and India produced for south africa

The ecb like flat wickets and 5 day matches to fill the coffers and charge people £60 a ticket

wasn't comparing the wickets was saying England don't have the bowlers to take wickets that ECB produces IE they can't win in Flat decks which is why they got an average home record recently.
plus they charge £80-90 a ticket, you should see the lords tickets for next year what a joke, a lot of the SA games are overpriced.

even in flat decks, England should be confident enough of destroying Pakistan on them.
it was pretty telling how england couldn't look like taking wickets but pakistan could in the same pitches.
Australia was the same in 2015.
Sri lanka again in 2014.
india also in TB and Lords.
Think the great Ishant found a new fan in me at Trent bridge still have no idea how England were so close to conceding a follow on target in trent bridge.
Ali got bounced out by Ishant on the most docile pitch ever.

Edit just to back my point in the last 4 year home results for all sides.
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... ;type=team
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... ;type=team
England loss 7 games joint most with WI and Zim
the rest of the strong teams have hardly loss more than 4.
Last edited by Dr Cricket on Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:11 pm

rich1uk wrote:is there anyway to block someone's posts completely so you are not tempted to click on the "display this post" option as this persistent whining about england from bhav is getting extremely tiresome

Not even whining if you don't like my post don't bloody read them just bloody ignore me then.
Having a good debate on England if you don't like it don't participate.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:14 pm

rich1uk wrote:is there anyway to block someone's posts completely so you are not tempted to click on the "display this post" option as this persistent whining about england from bhav is getting extremely tiresome

please let me know which of my "whining" you don't agree with.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Agreed

Hasn't been an agenda this strong since DL and his love for the world's supposed unluckiest cricketer Tim bresnan
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:17 pm

posted this on the mods thread but will post it here.
"Really starting to get annoyed now.
started in pakistan series.
Why are people attacking me when I am giving my honest views on English cricket and what I think they need to improve on.
everytime I saying anything about English cricket I get attacked and it is starting to make my blood boil now.
Bangladesh series same thing, today same thing.
really getting annoying now."
mostly because I don't really wanna get banned from this forum.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:22 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
backfootpunch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:

wasn't comparing the wickets was saying England don't have the bowlers to take wickets that ECB produces IE they can't win in Flat decks which is why they got an average home record recently.
plus they charge £80-90 a ticket, you should see the lords tickets for next year what a joke, a lot of the SA games are overpriced.

even in flat decks, England should be confident enough of destroying Pakistan on them.
it was pretty telling how england couldn't look like taking wickets but pakistan could in the same pitches.
Australia was the same in 2015.
Sri lanka again in 2014.
india also in TB and Lords.
Think the great Ishant found a new fan in me at Trent bridge still have no idea how England were so close to conceding a follow on target in trent bridge.
Ali got bounced out by Ishant on the most docile pitch ever.

Not entirely sure what you're on about

We beat India in that series and James Anderson made 80 on that trento bridge deck and Ishant took 3-150

We thrashed the Aussies in 2015 them winning the dead rubber may give a false impression of the series

I don't understand you're point anyway nobody is claiming we are the best side in the world

There isn't a stand out side at the moment

backfootpunch

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:23 pm

Ha, best let it go!

Can't say I entirely agree with the big picture, but concur with some of the details.

England are in a particular phase, post the destruction wrought by Andy Flower's late period, and even then a micro-phase since the release from Peter Moores. Results from the early teens don't seen that relevant now.

More misery coming England's way on Friday!
Last edited by Arthur Crabtree on Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby rich1uk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:25 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:posted this on the mods thread but will post it here.
Why are people attacking me when I am giving my honest views on English cricket and what I think they need to improve on.
everytime I saying anything about English cricket I get attacked and it is starting to make my blood boil now.

its not what you say its that you have to say it 73 times

and argue points that no england supporter on here has ever actually claimed

and calling everyone idiots, crap and ridiculous isn't really a constructive discussion style ...
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:27 pm

TBH my point about india 2014 was that india dominated the first 2 test on flatter decks.
I know Anderson got 80 odd but england were 202/7 and 298/9.
india were on course for a big lead.
Basically that england been struggling at some time on flatter decks home or away for a while.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:29 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:posted this on the mods thread but will post it here.

Maybe because your saying the same thing over and over and over

And over

What you don't seem to grasp is this forum is full of some of the most self deprecating england fans in the world, we don't think england are a great side

Yet you still feel the need to constantly tell us what we already know,

you act like we are the most arrogant fans in the world and constantly claim we are by far the best team in world cricket, when in reality most of us have a season ticket aboard the outrage bus

You take what the media say and what people say on other forums/social media and pretend like it was us that said it and completely ignore our actual opinions

backfootpunch

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Partly my fault for arguing the toss when I could sense others might getting a bit fidgety.

Time to look forward I think!
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches