Dhoni
Manish
Kedar
Hardik
Ashwin
Jadeja
Bumrah
Bhuvi

Jasprit is certain starter. Bhuvi and Umesh are competing for the second pacers spot. Yuvi has to compete with Kedar.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Re: 1st ODI: India v England at Pune on Jan 15, 2017

Postby meninblue » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:21 am

Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jake Ball, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler, Liam Dawson, Alex Hales, Eoin Morgan(c), Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Chris Woakes,

Seems like Jake, Dawson, Sam and Plunkett will miss the playing 11.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:31 am

Root will miss the start of the series. I'd guess, in his absence they'll start:

Hales/Roy/Bairstow/Morgan/Stokes/Buttler/Moeen/Woakes/Rashid/Willey/Plunkett

I think it's time Billings played though, so I'd pick him ahead of Bairstow. Dawson could play, depending on the pitch.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby meninblue » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Is Joe injured :?:
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:50 pm

He's expecting a baby. I think I read he was missing the first two games, but may be wrong.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:53 pm

No firm plan yet, but he hasn't travelled with the others.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:05 pm

I guess if India are picking MSD still, they will pick him through to the next WC.

Unusual situation for England. Although their ODI potential has expanded, they still are just a good ODI side (though a better one than they were). India remain a formidable ODI team at home, and England lost their series in SA last winter and will travel to India with a poor record in Asia- not only for not winning, but for actually being abject.

Yet expectation is high, and, England fans being what they are, there will be many who were already angry about there being an Irish captain who will be ready to punish him for not going to BD. If India make good on their home advantage, there could be a lot of discontent from a large minority of supporters. But if England win such a fearsome series as away in India (and they probably have higher hopes than for 20 years) then those who resent Morgan will probably have to simmer in silence until the next WC.

If that makes sense...
Arthur Crabtree

Postby meninblue » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I guess if India are picking MSD still, they will pick him through to the next WC.

Unusual situation for England. Although their ODI potential has expanded, they still are just a good ODI side (though a better one than they were). India remain a formidable ODI team at home, and England lost their series in SA last winter and will travel to India with a poor record in Asia- not only for not winning, but for actually being abject.

Yet expectation is high, and, England fans being what they are, there will be many who were already angry about there being an Irish captain who will be ready to punish him for not going to BD. If India make good on their home advantage, there could be a lot of discontent from a large minority of supporters. But if England win such a fearsome series as away in India (and they probably have higher hopes than for 20 years) then those who resent Morgan will probably have to simmer in silence until the next WC.

If that makes sense...

Not much clue from Joe's twitter account. Perhaps he is not Chris Gayle type who lets his fans know frequently whats happening.

imo Dhoni will play next world cup considering he at 35 today is quicker than some of under 30's cricketers. Having quit from test cricket will relieve lot of workload which he was used to. There is no wicket keeper batsman of his quality in test matches and neither is there in ODI format. imo he must play next WC even if he is in decent form. Rishabh Pant is a brisk scoring batsman who has tonked bowling attacks at domestic level. He is now in T20 squad versus England. If he does well whenever he gets chance in playing 11 or in ODI where he would be in squad of 15, then Dhoni might get competition.

Regarding Morgan not touring Bangladesh, cricket is just another profession and he has every right to decide if some country / workplace is not safe for him. If ECB is fine to employ him after that decision then i don't see any problem. We all avoid the train when serial bomb blasts have happened on the day.There is nothing wrong about Morgan showing concerns and actually everyone knows safety concerns exist in Pakistan and Bangladesh. Otherwise ECB board would have taken action against him if he avoided tour without valid reason. Whether England win or lose Morgans decision was correct imo. The series result should not have any bearing on what decision Morgan took regarding Bangladesh tour imo.
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Of course, Morgan's free to make that decision, and I don't have a problem with his right to play for England or his decision. But many people do (the same, who resented KP, from checking the Guardian site) and it has been reported that Strauss and the ECB felt let down by Morgan's no-show, even if they explicitly said that anyone who didn't go wouldn't be judged on that...
Arthur Crabtree

Postby meninblue » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:23 pm

India A squads for warm-up matches v England
First match: Shikhar Dhawan, Mandeep Singh, Ambati Rayudu, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni (capt and wk), Hardik Pandya, Sanju Samson, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ashish Nehra, Mohit Sharma, Siddharth Kaul

Second match: Rishabh Pant, Ajinkya Rahane (capt) , Suresh Raina, Deepak Hooda, Ishan Kishan (wk), Sheldon Jackson, Vijay Shankar, Shahbaz Nadeem, Parvez Rasool, Vinay Kumar, Pradeep Sangwan, Ashok Dinda

Would have liked to see Sandeep Sharma and Pankaj Singh in place of Vinay & Dinda .
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Pretty strong. How is the press going to criticise that side?
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Hampshire » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Has anything been said about whether DRS is in place for the series?
Hampshire

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire
England

Postby andy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:31 pm

i believe it is
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:51 pm

yep very strong team, maybe BCCI wants to keep the good record of the warm up teams beating england in india before the odi series.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:58 am

Might be a good idea to call up a cover for Root. Maybe someone scoring runs in the BB.
Arthur Crabtree

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches