Australia tour of India, Feb 17-March 29

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: Australia tour of India, Feb 17-March 29

Postby meninblue » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:42 am

alfie wrote:Congrats , Adi. :clap

Deserved win for India. Australia will be a shade disappointed to rather implode in this game ; but they can take a lot of pride in competing as they have done.

Hope all the verbal bs can all be put aside now.

MotM is tough this time. Smith , Rahul , Jadeja ...Umesh ?

MotS has to be Smith and Jadeja.

Thank you.

Aussies have played well but the 4 bowlers attack in Indian conditions is something they may want to work upon.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby yuppie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:16 am

Great win for India, and a great series. :clap

India just had to much batting depth in the end compared to Australia. They managed to get them selves out of some tricky situations in the last 2 tests when 6 wickets down :salute .

Australia did much better than anyone expected, especially after the thrashing they received in SL. :salute
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby meninblue » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:43 am

Finished a minute of dancing to celebrate this win and now i am relaxed as the action has ended. It was fun series with so much happening. Some very good performances. I guess this is Ajinkya's debut test as captain and what a match for him.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby bigfluffylemon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:07 am

Congratulations to India for holding all nine of their bilateral test trophies at the same time.

However, that achievement does need a little context - India haven't played Pakistan since 2007/8, or Zimbabwe since 2005 (although they barely count as a test side any more, only New Zealand and Bangladesh have played more than a couple of games against them since 2005). And of the remaining 7 bilateral series, 5 have been at home, and one in Sri Lanka, which is practically home conditions.

This is obviously a very very good Indian side at home. But they need to start winning away, especially outside the subcontinent. They lost their last series in each of Australia, South Africa, England and New Zealand. And they do need to beat Pakistan too.
2022 Big Bash League FL
2023 Women's T20 World Cup FL
bigfluffylemon

Team(s) Supported: England. Australia.
Any team playing good cricket in the right spirit.

Postby meninblue » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:14 am

bigfluffylemon wrote:Congratulations to India for holding all nine of their bilateral test trophies at the same time.

However, that achievement does need a little context - India haven't played Pakistan since 2007/8, or Zimbabwe since 2005 (although they barely count as a test side any more, only New Zealand and Bangladesh have played more than a couple of games against them since 2005). And of the remaining 7 bilateral series, 5 have been at home, and one in Sri Lanka, which is practically home conditions.

This is obviously a very very good Indian side at home. But they need to start winning away, especially outside the subcontinent. They lost their last series in each of Australia, South Africa, England and New Zealand. And they do need to beat Pakistan too.

All sides struggle when they play in non favorable conditions or conditions which they are used to. India is also same case. We have and will struggle in non familiar conditions. So when we tour England we have to win the odd match like we did at Lords, when touring Australia probably Sydney, i think we won one some where on that tour. One win and then we competed better than in those conditions. So it was imperative we had a great home season at least in familiar conditions, which Team India did.
meninblue

Postby rich1uk » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 am

Because of the nature of test cricket scheduling is never going to be easy, more so with the increased emphasis on t20. i thought the changes the ICC made a few years ago to move away from a more structured FTP to just allowing indvidual boards to arrange things on a bi-lateral basis was a mistake as it lead to some teams hardly playing each other, but the new proposals to have a far more rigid structure imo go too far the other way.
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby ddb » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:10 am

Great win that, I feel like this squad of players is good even if the first 11 isn't amazing, there's always someone new stepping up.
Intent

IPL 2009 Prediction League Champion 2009-10 footy prediction guru Joint 2010 footy final placings guru 2010 Eng vs Bang combined prediction guru 2011 World Cup Fantasy
ddb

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:32 am

Great comeback from India to win an exciting series. And well done to the Aussies whose resistance made it the series it was.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby bigfluffylemon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:01 am

Adi wrote:
bigfluffylemon wrote:Congratulations to India for holding all nine of their bilateral test trophies at the same time.

All sides struggle when they play in non favorable conditions or conditions which they are used to. India is also same case. We have and will struggle in non familiar conditions. So when we tour England we have to win the odd match like we did at Lords, when touring Australia probably Sydney, i think we won one some where on that tour. One win and then we competed better than in those conditions. So it was imperative we had a great home season at least in familiar conditions, which Team India did.

True, but that's why good teams win at home, great teams win overseas. You can't be a great team if you're a home track bully.
2022 Big Bash League FL
2023 Women's T20 World Cup FL
bigfluffylemon

Team(s) Supported: England. Australia.
Any team playing good cricket in the right spirit.

Postby meninblue » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:08 am

bigfluffylemon wrote:
Adi wrote:

True, but that's why good teams win at home, great teams win overseas. You can't be a great team if you're a home track bully.

I am wondering if i have seen any great team in last few years.
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:09 am

looks like Kohli friendship with Australian friends is over if his press conference is anything to go by.
personally think the two captains should shake hands and forget everything that was said as a heat of battle and start being nice again before the IPL.

The way Kohli Acting he going to have all the other teams media, fans and players hate india and it will give them more reason to play even better against india.
not sure the ploy is that smart when india tour overseas.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby meninblue » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:20 am

bhaveshgor wrote:looks like Kohli friendship with Australian friends is over if his press conference is anything to go by.
personally think the two captains should shake hands and forget everything that was said as a heat of battle and start being nice again before the IPL.

The way Kohli Acting he going to have all the other teams media, fans and players hate india and it will give them more reason to play even better against india.
not sure the ploy is that smart when india tour overseas.

Why should Smith not be thinking that he should get respect of other fans, media and ensures other teams players don't hate him.

So for all the years what Aussies are doing was fine, :hmmm and an Indian captain reacts or starts an incident he should be worrying about everything.
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:28 am

the point is Adi the only think Kohli is achieving is making everyone hate him and the Indian teams.
if he does it too much it will have an unifying effort in making the opposition team play better, not sure india actually want the opposition to play better overseas against them considering how hard it is to win overseas in the first place.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:35 am

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/ind ... th-apology
also it is pretty obvious that a lot of the sledging was over the top in this series but yet again ICC and the umpires don't do anything to stop it or bud it in.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby GarlicJam » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:37 am

It is a significant achievement, even if context is everything.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches