England vs West Indies 2nd test Headingley

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: England vs West Indies 2nd test Headingley

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:57 pm

I thought it was one of those offences like littering and urinating in the street that could be hit with a spot fine but apparently not. Though it may be cited for gross misconduct in the workplace, and can be an offence if causing harassment, alarm or distress/breach of the peace in public spaces (which probably covers it from a sporting POV). And of course isn't permitted before the watershed on tv.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby sussexpob » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:05 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I thought it was one of those offences like littering and urinating in the street that could be hit with a spot fine but apparently not. Though it may be cited for gross misconduct in the workplace, and can be an offence if causing harassment, alarm or distress/breach of the peace in public spaces (which probably covers it from a sporting POV). And of course isn't permitted before the watershed on tv.

I believe about 2010 time, the police had a test case about public order and swearing, and some top judge essentially said it was so common now, it has to be accompanied with other behaviours or extreme situations to be an offence.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:00 pm

Depends on the situation as well.
If I bowl a bad ball or get hit for a four, I am likely to sake *modded* sake.

But then again player behaviour went out of hand and ICC needed to be consistent and set up some rules.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Alviro Patterson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:42 pm

Surprised this has got little publicity but 8,530 attended the final days play.

The combination of good ticket prices and Joe Root's attacking declaration encouraged the crowd to turn up in numbers. At 10.55am there was huge queues outside the cash turnstiles - from Len Hutton gates to the New Pavilion and East Stand entrance to a wall separating cricket ground and houses, it was almost shades of Day 5 against Pakistan in 2006 where Headingley was packed out.

56,005 attended the West Indies test match at Headingley across 5 days (80% of available capacity). IIRC that figure was higher than the South Africa test match in 2012. Quite impressive considering the West Indies test series was billed as a hard sell and the publicity that came with it.

Yorkshire might get stick for not filling Headingley for England matches in previous years, but it shows crowds will come to Headingley if either Yorkshire get decent test opposition, or at least low key opposition matches are played in peak summer and not in May when the weather is lousy.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:52 pm

Bank Holiday probably helped, and very low ticket prices.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Gingerfinch » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:37 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:Depends on the situation as well.
If I bowl a bad ball or get hit for a four, I am likely to sake *modded* sake.

But then again player behaviour went out of hand and ICC needed to be consistent and set up some rules.

Me to. Nothing wrong with swearing at yourself. Like I've said before, if they don't want the public to hear it then discard the mics.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Previous

Return to Live Cricket Matches