The Ashes: Adelaide.

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: The Ashes: Adelaide.

Postby backfootpunch » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:32 pm

yuppie wrote:For me the Aussies are bowling a few too many bouncers. Probably due to the fact the pitches in Australia now are so dead.

But it is a bit of a whine from Anderson. Talk to the umpires or match referee, but don't do it to the media. Anderson is one of the least liked cricketers going round.

He is the opening bowler, so give it back to Starc, Cummings and Hazelwood. Im not sure how well his medium pace bouncers would go down, but give it a try. Do what McGrath did to the windies all those years ago, fight fire with fire.

Thing is jimmy and broad are useless with the bat

One bouncer then a full straight one is usually enough

And England bowled plenty of bouncers, it's just Jake ball is useless so they were all miles over the batsmens head
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:00 pm

So, this is the middle of the night, Saturday morning. Can't imagine I'll be awake for the start. It'll finish 11am GMT, so I'll catch some of it.

Then nights so I'll have ball by ball on cricinfo on.

Anyone planning any heroics?
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:01 pm

TBH Anderson wasn’t complaining about the bouncer more on the sledging which is why I found it ironic.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:02 pm

They could at least put a hand over their mouth when sledging.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:So, this is the middle of the night, Saturday morning. Can't imagine I'll be awake for the start. It'll finish 11am GMT, so I'll catch some of it.

Then nights so I'll have ball by ball on cricinfo on.

Anyone planning any heroics?

The timings are quite good for me.
Although sat and sun are hard for me since I only do work or sleep, although got the day off on Monday so should be able to see the cricket.
Apart from that timing good since I either finish work at 7am or 11am depending if I am flexing and in my second job don’t work any of the days apart from the weekend and Tuesday.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 pm

GarlicJam wrote:
GG - Amir Sohail wrote:You might want to consider changing your signature to 'ANTI ENGLAND'.

When I noticed the sig, I fully expected Dr C to have no discussion on the whole series, and not be the leading poster...

TBH I only hate what the ashes stand for enjoy the cricket if it a good contest.
The posting is probably high because the game was good if the series is a dud, suspect the posting will go down.
Also surprised that you think posting is high thought it was low last week, considering I hardly watched a ball live, only saw about an hour of it live.
Been mostly following it on this forum.
Been mostly working or sleeping.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby KipperJohn » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Haven’t seen this ‘barrage’ of bouncers from the Aussies- just seems odd to me that it coincided closely to the anniversary of Phil Hughes death.

Their win was a fitting tribute - the bouncers less so.
KipperJohn

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:45 pm

TBH I never thought the bouncer was over the top but like we discussed during the test it is based on the umpires observation so the view can change from player to player.
Tough one really because you can’t stop players from bowling the bouncer because it take wickets and from what I saw none of the players were scared or didn’t back away or stopped looking at the ball.
Ball was awful but he didn’t last long and Anderson played the short ball the best out of the tailenders.
Maybe they did bowl a lot of bouncers but shouldn’t England want that anyway since they can’t bowl bouncers all day and in theory they should get slower and tired quicker bowling them.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby GarlicJam » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:17 am

Dr Cricket wrote:
GarlicJam wrote:
GG - Amir Sohail wrote:You might want to consider changing your signature to 'ANTI ENGLAND'.

When I noticed the sig, I fully expected Dr C to have no discussion on the whole series, and not be the leading poster...

TBH I only hate what the ashes stand for enjoy the cricket if it a good contest.
The posting is probably high because the game was good if the series is a dud, suspect the posting will go down.
Also surprised that you think posting is high thought it was low last week, considering I hardly watched a ball live, only saw about an hour of it live.

I just threw that last bit in...

for effect, you know. (I think it worked)
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby GarlicJam » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:01 am

Dr Cricket wrote:TBH Anderson wasn’t complaining about the bouncer more on the sledging which is why I found it ironic.

I just read Anderso's article in the Telegraph. Wow, he should really be embarrassed about that. Painting the Australians as the evil-doers and England as choirboys. Get your hand off it, Jimbo, the world knows what a *modded* you are, you have absolutely no right to be whinging about sledging (which was all pretty low-key anyway).

And to complain that Aus were laughing at them and taking the mickey during the press conference - the only thing that was about was Bairstow's headbutt, maybe you should talk to your team-mate about that...

I thought Aus handled all of the many questions about the Bairstow incident in a very low-key manner. you should be thanking them, not whinging in the media about them, you stupid plonker.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby Dr Cricket » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:27 am

Yeah thought Australia were well behaved to their standards, also the sledging they did was what I approve of anyway since that is what you call mental disintegration and not the usual swearing and other not needed stuff.
The fact Anderson and England complaining shows that the sledging they did in the first test is working.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:48 am

The Aussies announce they are unchanged. Cricinfo says England will be too even though Mo is injured and his bowling will be impaired which tells us all we need to know about how much they value spinners.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby KipperJohn » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 am

Sadly GJ I have to agree with you regarding Anderson. His conduct on the field has far to often been found seriously wanting - so whatever he says regarding sledging etc is pretty hypocritical.
KipperJohn

Postby Gingerfinch » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:48 am

Dr Cricket wrote:
GarlicJam wrote:

What does the Ashes stand for?
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby GarlicJam » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:12 pm

KipperJohn wrote:Sadly GJ I have to agree with you regarding Anderson. His conduct on the field has far to often been found seriously wanting - so whatever he says regarding sledging etc is pretty hypocritical.

Yeah, everyone hates agreeing with me KJ.

Eventually they all do though...
Maybe
GarlicJam

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches