Limited overs internationals: England v India.

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: Limited overs internationals: England v India.

Postby meninblue » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 am

Very comprehensive victory for India. Rahul ton was very likely to happen given the form he was carrying from IPL. But didn't see it coming in first match itself although i was expecting it in this T20 or ODI series. It was a great change that Rahul converted a substantial score into a ton, as he was getting out over 75+ scores in recent past.
Virat has given up the No. 3 spot after all the criticism he has received for not having Rahul in playing 11 of many T20 and ODI playing 11. Move has paid off.
Raina's selection is backward thinking imo. I don't mean to say that ageing cricketers are non-performers. Hussey,Dhoni,Sachin,Rahul, VVS,Sehwag, Sanga, Jimmy, Kallis, ABD etc. have shown aged ones can do much better than youths. Rishabh deserves a place ahead of Raina,. Yes, he flopped in grabbing his chance in T20i, however he is someone who deserves chances more than Raina considering the IPL performance. Selection bias still exists in some way or other. What has Manish Pandey to do in shorter formats. Can we afford him to just keep him in team for his wonderful fielding? Every spot in squad has to be utilized optimally. We have lots of cricketers knocking for the batting spots. Yes, the international level will be different but they deserve a chance over Pandey and Raina.

India were lucky to have escaped with Jos's ton - he was also that brilliant in recently concluded IPL and even today. To me he was England's best player in Indian conditions this year.

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Seems like even Adi is watching the England WC game...

Don't like to stay awake after 11:30 p.m. and waste precious sleep. Maybe just use mobile app to track match scorecard until falling asleep. Having said that in ideal world i would like to sleep at 10 p.m. or wake no later than 6:30 a.m. and schedule routine around that pattern, but that's not possible for now.

Dr Cricket wrote:TBH probably post a lot in the other forum I use.
this forum too dead for my liking now.
feel weird just being the only one posting, it really feels like you talking to your self.

would still read the forum though.
probably less spamming and posting,

The count of normal posters is stagnant, and the count of posts is more lesser than what it was. The quality of cricket posts can still be maintained even with higher poster count, say hundreds of cricket fans. To have a notion that only we over here have great cricket knowledge because this forum has less count is incorrect. But the question remains, how to get more quality posters which are in abundance away from regular internet usage. We have over 400 posters on our clubs zone, but even those who have played or still play proper cricket have not shown interest on cricket related postings. Perhaps those like to discuss cricket along with mates while having tea on roadside post nets or other time or at a bar or in person rather than type it all out. The point is there are many knowledgeable people, but it seems to me that they do not prefer forums as medium of discussion. Just post club matches pics or tour pics and just remain in touch with each other. Having said that an Indian cricket fan will never be happy even if there are 100 discussions happening about cricket on a day. :laugh We need cricket 24* 7. 8-) To expect the amount of activity of an Indian cricket forum that happens elsewhere and then compare over here is incorrect and very unrealistic. It just won't catch up imo. Hence, it does feel like talking to self on many occasions, especially when there are only 10 odd or even less cricket related posts a day. In fact it had come to a point that even i was also started to be interested only in FL's because of such reduced discussions. There are no threads for some series. FL's are being missed in-spite of few organizers who do a splendid job and can only do so much on their own taking time out of their busy schedule. :bow: If someone opens thread then there is no discussion in those minnow team series or even with a major cricketing nation series thread.

Most of us here are in working age, so that's also a reason to consider for lesser posts. Elsewhere there are loads of college students or those under 30's who are not as occupied with family life with having to give time to kids, parents, relatives etc. apart form the job and social life. So it's not eeasy to compare, but definitely yes, the 24*7 cricket discussion is the order of the day life. :halo:
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:08 am

1730 bst, the second game tomorrow.

Weather will be hot, the pitch will be dry.

Cricinfo is suggesting both sides will be unchanged.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby The Professor » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:25 am

Willey and Rahul are both stoking the flames of the fiery competition from the first match.

Willey still concerned about bowler's pulling up mid way through delivery. Interestingly Rahul tacitly admits that is what they have been doing as a way of combatting English players backing up beyond what they consider reasonable.

Rob Bailey and Tim Robinson may be busy.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:22 pm

Moeen didn't get much slack. Not as much as he got in Tests anyway. England go in with four seamers and a spinner in the most spin friendly format. Still, a good start from the home side.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 pm

England going to win this if Hales stays in.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby meninblue » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:17 am

Series made exciting with the last match being decider.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Kuldeep replaced by Deepak.
Bhuvi has stiff back, replaced by Sid.

England replace Joe with Ben.

England to bat first.
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:01 pm

Deepak to open the bowling innings.
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Two back to back 4's for Jos.
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Adi wrote:England replace Joe with Ben.

Feels a significant change.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby meninblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Jos is having fun here. Tonking at will.
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:
Adi wrote:England replace Joe with Ben.

Feels a significant change.

It was being talked about by Swann in pre match show.
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:16 pm

29/0 in 3 overs. :no
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:21 pm

First six of match. Jason strikes it well over long off. Need a wicket here.
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:26 pm

51/0 in 5. very bad start for us.
meninblue

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches