Limited overs internationals: England v India.

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: Limited overs internationals: England v India.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:54 pm

Dr Cricket wrote:Good over from rashid that, practising all his variation in that over in a match situation.
think he tried a new one as well looks like a spinner version of a knuckle ball.

Rashid bowls a lot of front of the ball variations. Spinners bowl all sorts in limited overs now. Since that SL bowler who reintroduced the carom ball. Can't remember his name.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Technially Herath did it but I think mendis gets the credit.
tbh some dude in india bowled it in the 70s so the actual orgin is a bit disputed but Mendis was the first one to make it mainstream.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:05 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Computer just updated itself, taking about 40 minutes.

While India strolled to a win.

Nice felt like I was talking to my self for the past 1 hour.
1-1 in the football.
maybe both team watch the game together, majority of the indian cricket team are supporters of the england football team.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Frustrating for them then.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Ajantha Mendis is the bowler I was thinking of. Seemed to change everything, and then disappeared.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:25 pm

nasser just said that raina told him the indian players are feeling the heat because so many players could take their places in their side and no one can take their place for granted in the team.
TBH the same thing is really happening to england white ball team sadly not in the Test team though.

in most teams Hales would be a guaranteed starter but he can't get in the team because england prefer the 6th bowling option which is probably the best option for them considering bowling is a major weakness for the team.
TBH Hain would as well really.

Got laughed at last year or the year before for suggesting Roy could get dropped for a lean period but in reality any of the top 6 barring morgan is probably vulnerable to a drop because Hales or hain etc are banging the door down for a spot.
Some fans are going crazy and suggesting they drop root to get hales in.

Not really a bad thing though dropping players for a lean spell since it would make the person dropped more motivated to improve and get in the team again plus chances are the player coming in is under pressure to make a bang straightaway to keep his spot.
plus it makes the team more selfish knowing that they need to get big hundreds and 50-60 are not good enough.

it isn't rocket science that the reason england are good in white ball cricket is the fact the openers and number 3 bat can actually score big hundreds, plus the likes of Stokes, Buttler and Ali can score very quick hundreds in the last 20 overs.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:26 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Ajantha Mendis is the bowler I was thinking of. Seemed to change everything, and then disappeared.

Couldn't spin the ball to save his life.
once people treated him like a medium pacer he couldn't get any wickets and he also got whacked around a bit.
in the end turned out he actually didn't have any mystery.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:53 pm

England Won at penalties nice double for the indian fans today at manchester then.

Jheez england got a great chance of going to the final now.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:33 pm

The only issue with the england batting line up and this is 100 percent to do with sides they facing and what tactics they do is the fact that buttler can't really compensate Roy issues with Spin so that could be a problem if sides bowl spin in the powerplay.
A new phenomenon at the moment is a great spin belter batting with a great pace belter.
don't get me wrong Butler is a brilliant player of spin but he just doesn't strike more than 120-130, in RR buttler was the pace wacker to the other opener they had.
unless Buttler compensates and goes after the spin to stop sides bowling spin in the powerplays against england but he doesn't really do that in the past generally just rotates the strike and gets the odd boundaries and goes after the pace bowlers.

Although looking at the white ball team not many options that could be the Spin slogger in T20s,
Buttler probably the best option and he is more of a pace slogger.
so that probably one way teams can counter england batting in the T20 format.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:46 pm

Unusual for the ECB to produce a dry wicket (maybe out of their hands). Not all pitches will be so helpful to spin in the limited overs games. Some end of season pitches around at the moment, but maybe that will change. England's spinners were to the fore v Australia, but it's less likely they'll want that balance v India.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:59 pm

TBH in odi and T20, England don't doctor the pitches anymore mostly because they finally realised they need to have similar wickets to the icc events and vast majority of the pitches in the world.
TBH not really sure home or Away conditions is a big deal in odi it isn't like Test cricket where you would back the home side 99% of the time.

plus the weather would have made it impossible to reduce the dryness of the wicket or to make the spin bowlers less dangerous.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:02 pm

the crucial factor is that Morgan and bayliss don't want the wickets doctored in white ball cricket barring it being a belter of a pitch for the batsman to reach 350+.
unlike in the pass where they wanted bowling friendly decks and a bit of grass to get some seam movement in the first 10-15 overs and would often ask for it when the sub c sides come to england for an odi series.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:05 pm

England don't want the pitches or the boundaries to help the bowlers at all, I think. Certainly not slow, grabby pitches.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:08 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:England don't want the pitches or the boundaries to help the bowlers at all, I think. Certainly not slow, grabby pitches.

TBH wouldn't call this pitch slow or grabby pitches either.
it was more of england not being able to pick Kuldeep yadav rather than the pitch being a minefield.

looked a belter of a wicket when india were batting and england were probably 30-40 runs below par.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:09 pm

if it was slow or grabby pitch 160-175 would be par and not 190-200.
if Aus were bowling against england here then england would reach 200-220.

TBH australia kind of made england rusty in the white ball game and probably got caught out on how good you have to be to win a game in international cricket.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches