Pakistan v Australia in the UAE: Test Series

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: Pakistan v Australia in the UAE: Test Series

Postby yuppie » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Poor batting for that run out. Seriously no umpire signal, never assume its a boundary. The stupidity of the batsman should be no reason to let them off. The ball is at least a foot if not more short of the boundary. Not even close to the ropes.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:46 pm

But don't you think after the ball tampering incident it might have been an idea if the Aussies scored a few positive points by letting it go. A real opportunity to gain some good press in a situation where the wicket wasn't going to effect the outcome.
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby yuppie » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:53 pm

I would think after the ball tampering incident Australia should play the game fairly. As should any team. That is fair cricket. What were the batsman thinking?

The rules are simple, and the Paksitan batsman did not watch the ball till the boundary. Yesterday the outfield was slow, so why would they think the ball would make it to the boundary when the outfield was so slow? What if the Australian fielders thought the ball would go to the boundary but it didn't but the Pakistan batsman keeping running? Would that be fair? Of course it would. If the ball hit something to impede its progress then fair enough. But the simple fact of the matter is the ball just slowed down and the Batsman were not watching the ball.
yuppie

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:12 pm

I'm not saying the Aussies did anything wrong, and they were well within their rights to effect the run out, but it could have been an opportunity to score a few brownie points.

I personally could not have gone through with the run out, it wouldn't sit well with me, but I guess that inner desire to win at all costs is strong in some people!
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby yuppie » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Thinking back to junior cricket in Aus, if that had happened, it would have been the batsman who would have been crucified for that. There would have been no sympathy for them.
yuppie

Postby yuppie » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Looks like Australia's only real chance here is to push on for the win, no point playing for a draw :rasta
yuppie

Postby mikesiva » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Pakistan finally declare at 400-9.

Sarfraz last man out for 81. I guess they were waiting to see if the captain could make a century.
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru
2014 Eng-SL combined fantasy guru
2014 chess mini-tournament guru
2017 Australian Open tennis guru
mikesiva

Team(s) Supported: First - West Indies
Joint Second - England, Sri Lanka

Postby meninblue » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 pm

The basics are not followed by some batsmen. Some batsmen do not even ground the bat while making crease during tight run. Some like Shikhar are with one leg up in air as well as bat in air and gets run out. Others too like Saurav have pushed bat over crease in air and got tun out. Pakistan batsmen also lack basic running techniques. At times in Asia the ball stops abruptly near boundary. Batsmen think it's 4 and ultimately take 1 or 2 runs and stop assuming it's gonna be 4.Ends up looking silly. This complacency is costing runs and wickets. A fielder who is aware of such rubbish running will seek every opportunity to get a run out and a fielder wholly aware to grab the opportunity deserves it.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:52 pm

Just saw the video on cricinfo. Such a silly run out it is. The worst way to lose a wicket. Can't believe international cricketers display such bad running between wicket. This is worst than Amit Mishra's comical IPL run out. :lmaoagain
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby sussexpob » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:06 pm

yuppie wrote:I would think after the ball tampering incident Australia should play the game fairly. As should any team. That is fair cricket. What were the batsman thinking?

The rules are simple, and the Paksitan batsman did not watch the ball till the boundary. Yesterday the outfield was slow, so why would they think the ball would make it to the boundary when the outfield was so slow? What if the Australian fielders thought the ball would go to the boundary but it didn't but the Pakistan batsman keeping running? Would that be fair? Of course it would. If the ball hit something to impede its progress then fair enough. But the simple fact of the matter is the ball just slowed down and the Batsman were not watching the ball.

I am not sure the rules are that simple here. The laws of the game state, once the ball is returned to the wicket keeper from the outfield, the umpire can consider the ball to be settled. I am sure on the MCC website guidance (from the previous Bell incident), it was explained that the umpire should consider the ball dead if its clear the batsman are not, or have at any stage in the play, declined the obvious opportunity of a single.

The laws are changed this year, and they have yet to revamp the advisory documents/interpretations which go with the new rules, but the dead ball rule also holds that "when the fielding team and batting team consider the ball dead, the umpire rules dead ball".... Here, the batters are considering it dead. Do the fielding team? What is taken as the fielding team? The unit taken on average as a whole? One person looking uninterested?

The angle on the tv is too close to see is Starc is chasing after it, all we really see is him picking it up and throwing it to the keeper, which he can do in either situation. We see first slip, hands folded, non reactive until Paine runs off. The bowler is returning to his mark with his back to play. The man in the gully is, like slip, arms folded and looks quite bemused as Paine takes the wicket apart. There doesnt seem to be any shout to Starc the run out is on. No one is backing up the throw at the strikers end..... Are the fielding team acting like the game is on? Only Paine, but does this make it right?

This came to the ICC fairly recently actually after a ladies BB game. The fielding team defended a single of the last ball, winning by 1 run, and as the batsman had dabbed it to the close fielder, it was impossible to get another, and the fielding team celebrated, the ball being thrown into the air by the keeper as she run off. The striking batsman noticed it, and went for the run, her partner slightly bemused to see her charging down to her end, then followed suit.

The run stood. The umpire deemed the ball live, and the ICC reviewed the decision, and concluded that it was indeed live. But then, their conclusion was contradictory. They judged that the rule concerned was satisfied that the fielding team had not given up, because the captain of the fielding team went to retrieve the thrown ball, showing she saw it as active. But then, they said that the batting team could only be proved to see that the ball was live once the second batter, not really knowing what was going on, completed the run after her partner had screamed down to the other end. She'd got in, tapped her bad, sworn at herself for losing the match, then decided to run. So, what is the rule is anyones guess. In this situation, had Azhar not left his crease, but his partner strode up to him for a chat, would Paine running him out at the non-strikers end be counted? It appears not.

That was think that made no sense about the ICC interpretation. The rule states "both teams". Well, if the fielding team in the above example thought the ball was live, then surely it was live, the second batsman going to complete the run would make no difference to it, whatsoever.

Above all, the rule is actually very dumb, and not very clear at all.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby sussexpob » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:11 pm

Not that we get stuck into a huge discussion about rules. Is this in the spirit of the game? In my eyes, its not the way I would, or like to see, the game played. Thats not to say Australia arent entitled to do it, but its one of those situations where Id like to see an umpire ask Paine "so, you really want to appeal here", and if he says yes, then fair enough. The sport feels worse off for the attitude, and the respect for the individuals concerned damps a little, but there we go.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby andy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:35 pm

47-1 at the close then. Anyone know why Khawaja didn't open?
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby mikesiva » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:51 pm

He injured his ankle or something like that when he was warming up this morning.
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru
2014 Eng-SL combined fantasy guru
2014 chess mini-tournament guru
2017 Australian Open tennis guru
mikesiva

Team(s) Supported: First - West Indies
Joint Second - England, Sri Lanka

Postby andy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:31 pm

ah right fair enough, this game most likely will be over by tea i guess
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby yuppie » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:21 pm

andy wrote:ah right fair enough, this game most likely will be over by tea i guess

I think it might take Australia a little longer to score 500 runs.

Starc been carrying an injury as well with problems with his hamstring.
yuppie

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches