World Cup semis & final, July 9-14

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: World Cup semis & final, July 9-14

Postby GarlicJam » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:22 am

both are fair enough comments though. I love visiting Melbourne.

Sorry, I've got to go, I can hear the faint sounds of someone starting to play Hotel Tasmania...
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby yuppie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:33 am

tread carefully. :panic
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby sussexpob » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:22 pm

Starting to wish we'd lost, because at least then I wouldn't have to deal with whichever "trying to be a woke young lad, but failing miserably" prat from the ECB media team keeps polluting my social media feeds with bullsh*t every 20 minutes.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:18 pm

sussexpob wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:Might mean Broad loses his Ashes place. Depends if Wood is retained after a couple of good Tests.

It was only one test wasnt it, Vs the Windies in St Lucia. Tbf Wood is well overdue an injury, so you cant really add him in the discussion with any certainty.

Looks like it.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Alviro Patterson » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:05 am

captaincolly wrote:
sussexpob wrote:BBCs Dan Roan is saying on Twitter that the BBC registered a record 40 million hits on its live update page, an all time BBC site record across news and sport. Viewing figures are believed to be 5 million region on C4, peaking at a time that an epic Wimbledon final was reaching a crescendo.

Quite a strong showing. Wonder what it would have been if they didnt treble book it behind the UKs other summer sporting big days.

Yep. And it probably made no difference but why have a weekend round of County games? When I popped down to the Riverside there were more people in the sports bar than watching the Durham match.

Be interesting to see how many spectators paid general admission prices on the Sunday!

In short there is just a lot of County Cricket to fit in five and a half months. If there was a gap in schedule for the World Cup Final, either the County Championship would have started in March or ran into October. Having a World Cup and Ashes all at once is why T20 Blast Finals Day is on around the equinox.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Previous

Return to Live Cricket Matches