Adi's Club Cricket Blog

Read the more in depth thoughts of our posters on various cricketing issues, topics and events - and please take the opportunity to leave feedback and enter into debate.

Re: Adi's Club Cricket Blog

Postby Alviro Patterson » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:51 pm

clubcricketeradi wrote:One of my club mate is back from Kenya tour. He played two super league mtches under Steve Tikolo and Jimmy Kammande alongside other national Kenyan players. Won 8 consecutive matches :salute


Sounds good, has your team mate played cricket in other countries before?
In Phil Parkinson we trust
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed"
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory"

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
User avatar
Alviro Patterson
 
Posts: 16642
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:07 pm
Location: Loiner City Region
Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Re: Adi's Club Cricket Blog

Postby meninblue » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Alviro Patterson wrote:
clubcricketeradi wrote:One of my club mate is back from Kenya tour. He played two super league mtches under Steve Tikolo and Jimmy Kammande alongside other national Kenyan players. Won 8 consecutive matches :salute


Sounds good, has your team mate played cricket in other countries before?


He was my clubmate. Then he moved to Kenya for work. There he started playing club cricket as well and progressed. He hasn't toured other countries.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 6, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
User avatar
meninblue
 
Posts: 22205
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Adi's Club Cricket Blog

Postby Alviro Patterson » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:51 am

Ah right, wondered if your club-mate ever dabbled playing club cricket in England. Seems like he's having a right time in Kenya.
In Phil Parkinson we trust
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed"
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory"

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
User avatar
Alviro Patterson
 
Posts: 16642
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:07 pm
Location: Loiner City Region
Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Re: Adi's Club Cricket Blog

Postby meninblue » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:32 am

Alviro Patterson wrote:Ah right, wondered if your club-mate ever dabbled playing club cricket in England. Seems like he's having a right time in Kenya.


Getting the sponsor to invest so much in club cricket team is very tough. Actually we are one of the very few clubs who has a sponsor. Our club sponsor only contributes for tours within India.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 6, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
User avatar
meninblue
 
Posts: 22205
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Adi's Club Cricket Blog

Postby andy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:01 pm

who is your sponsor adi?
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner



Essex CCC county champions
andy
 
Posts: 17640
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 pm
Location: Essex
Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Re: Adi's Club Cricket Blog

Postby meninblue » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:44 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:who is your sponsor adi?


Well all i can say the sponsor is a Indian company ;) You can find our club mentioned on cricinfo as well. I dont disclose every detail on forum,but the club name etc is on Facebook circle. :|
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 6, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
User avatar
meninblue
 
Posts: 22205
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Adi's Club Cricket Blog

Postby andy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:15 am

how's things going then adi?
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner



Essex CCC county champions
andy
 
Posts: 17640
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 pm
Location: Essex
Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Re: Adi's Club Cricket Blog

Postby meninblue » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:41 am

cricketfan90 wrote:how's things going then adi?


We are having a very bad season in this Kanga league and might get demoted to one group lower :scared
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 6, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
User avatar
meninblue
 
Posts: 22205
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Adi's Club Cricket Blog

Postby andy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm

hope things pick up soon mate :)

whats gone wrong? Bowling letting the side down, or somehow on Indian wickets batting ;) ?
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner



Essex CCC county champions
andy
 
Posts: 17640
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 pm
Location: Essex
Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Re: Adi's Club Cricket Blog

Postby meninblue » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:04 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:hope things pick up soon mate :)

whats gone wrong? Bowling letting the side down, or somehow on Indian wickets batting ;) ?


Bad batting,bad bowling and catches dropped every match.Most of seniors are disappointed with the way things are going for us in Kanga league and the seniors have taken the blame.That is the only good thing as players have accepted they need to improve.Youths are trying to convince that it's ok to lose few but seniors are not happy with their own performance.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 6, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
User avatar
meninblue
 
Posts: 22205
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 am

Re: The Weather Thread

Postby Alviro Patterson » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:52 am

clubcricketeradi wrote:
alfie wrote:Nice 44 degree day. Sunny :)

Email from my cricket club this morning saying practice tonight was cancelled. Bit soft but who I am to argue ?

Pleasant 25 or so by now...


Wow, never been to nets at night.I wish that was an option here.Could attend it regularly after work.


What time do you usually net Sport?
In Phil Parkinson we trust
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed"
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory"

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
User avatar
Alviro Patterson
 
Posts: 16642
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:07 pm
Location: Loiner City Region
Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Re: The Weather Thread

Postby meninblue » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:04 am

Alviro Patterson wrote:
clubcricketeradi wrote:
alfie wrote:Nice 44 degree day. Sunny :)

Email from my cricket club this morning saying practice tonight was cancelled. Bit soft but who I am to argue ?

Pleasant 25 or so by now...


Wow, never been to nets at night.I wish that was an option here.Could attend it regularly after work.


What time do you usually net Sport?


Our nets start daily at 6:30 A.M .and ends anytime between 8 A.M - 8:30 A.M mostly.Most of the clubcricketers are college students, but those who work leave early or come only on weekends.

As far as the evening nets are concerned, they are only for the U-14 boys who opt to take specialized coaching as they are looking to break in Mumbai U-14 etc.One of them got into Mumbai U 14 probable in 2013 but did not get selected in the shortlisted team.But those few U14 guys practice for about 2 hours in evening apart from attending the morning nets.

So the net timing varies as per every individual although it starts at 6:30 A.M and winds up between 8 A.M - 8:30 A.M.Back to the thread , the winter season is not good for fielding.But it is good for the bowlers as we see a reduced score during the winter as the openers take time and show more patience with strokeplay.we compromise on run rate to preserve specialist batters wickets.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 6, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
User avatar
meninblue
 
Posts: 22205
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 am

Re: The Weather Thread

Postby Gingerfinch » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:08 am

I would hazard a guess that nearly every single amateur team will net at night, in England.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
User avatar
Gingerfinch
 
Posts: 19758
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:18 pm
Location: Oxford
Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Re: The Weather Thread

Postby alfie » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:33 pm

clubcricketeradi wrote:
Alviro Patterson wrote:
clubcricketeradi wrote:
alfie wrote:Nice 44 degree day. Sunny :)

Email from my cricket club this morning saying practice tonight was cancelled. Bit soft but who I am to argue ?

Pleasant 25 or so by now...


Wow, never been to nets at night.I wish that was an option here.Could attend it regularly after work.


What time do you usually net Sport?


Our nets start daily at 6:30 A.M .and ends anytime between 8 A.M - 8:30 A.M mostly.Most of the clubcricketers are college students, but those who work leave early or come only on weekends.

As far as the evening nets are concerned, they are only for the U-14 boys who opt to take specialized coaching as they are looking to break in Mumbai U-14 etc.One of them got into Mumbai U 14 probable in 2013 but did not get selected in the shortlisted team.But those few U14 guys practice for about 2 hours in evening apart from attending the morning nets.

So the net timing varies as per every individual although it starts at 6:30 A.M and winds up between 8 A.M - 8:30 A.M.Back to the thread , the winter season is not good for fielding.But it is good for the bowlers as we see a reduced score during the winter as the openers take time and show more patience with strokeplay.we compromise on run rate to preserve specialist batters wickets.


Interesting different system Adi. I am glad I am not playing in Mumbai then , as I would be total rubbish at 6.30 am ! Just not a morning person :)
alfie
 
Posts: 5013
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:26 am

Re: The Weather Thread

Postby Alviro Patterson » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:29 pm

alfie wrote:
clubcricketeradi wrote:
Alviro Patterson wrote:
What time do you usually net Sport?


Our nets start daily at 6:30 A.M .and ends anytime between 8 A.M - 8:30 A.M mostly.Most of the clubcricketers are college students, but those who work leave early or come only on weekends.

As far as the evening nets are concerned, they are only for the U-14 boys who opt to take specialized coaching as they are looking to break in Mumbai U-14 etc.One of them got into Mumbai U 14 probable in 2013 but did not get selected in the shortlisted team.But those few U14 guys practice for about 2 hours in evening apart from attending the morning nets.

So the net timing varies as per every individual although it starts at 6:30 A.M and winds up between 8 A.M - 8:30 A.M.Back to the thread , the winter season is not good for fielding.But it is good for the bowlers as we see a reduced score during the winter as the openers take time and show more patience with strokeplay.we compromise on run rate to preserve specialist batters wickets.


Interesting different system Adi. I am glad I am not playing in Mumbai then , as I would be total rubbish at 6.30 am ! Just not a morning person :)


Once did nets at 11am Sunday morning - my bowling consisted of full tosses, beamers and skiers.
In Phil Parkinson we trust
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed"
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory"

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
User avatar
Alviro Patterson
 
Posts: 16642
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:07 pm
Location: Loiner City Region
Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

PreviousNext

Return to Cricketing Blogs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests