Golden Rules of Cricket

Read the more in depth thoughts of our posters on various cricketing issues, topics and events - and please take the opportunity to leave feedback and enter into debate.

Golden Rules of Cricket

Postby wtachetna » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:08 am

Basic principle of cricket that everybody should know. Read Here
wtachetna

Re: Golden Rules of Cricket

Postby The Professor » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:24 pm

Not strictly about this blog but Mohammad Nabi is coming in for some stick today for trying to pass off a grassed catch as a clean catch.

Two questions

1. Does one definitely know one has dropped a catch I.e. Can you accidentally claim a clean catch?

And

2. Should that be treated any worse than Times a batsman doesn't walk if he knows he nicked i?
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Re: Golden Rules of Cricket

Postby rich1uk » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:33 pm

1 - i think its possible to think you have caught it when its touched the ground as well, one of the problems is that clean catches can look like they have touched the ground because of the camera foreshortening the view. hard to make a judgement on individual cases without seeing them

2 - i think the distinction between that and someone who doesn't walk is that in one case you are actively claiming to have done something you haven't, where by not walking you aren't actively claiming you didn't hit it, just waiting for the umpires to make the decision
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Return to Cricketing Blogs