Which team will experience the biggest decline in 2015?

Cast Your Vote!

Which team will experience the biggest decline in 2015?

Australia
13%
Bangladesh
No votes
England
25%
India
19%
New Zealand
6%
Pakistan
No votes
South Africa
No votes
Sri Lanka
13%
West Indies
19%
Zimbabwe
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: Which team will experience the biggest decline in 2015?

Postby shankycricket » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:59 am

India have an interesting year ahead IMO. Of course, we should beat Bangladesh 2-0 (although weather may play spoilsport given the time of the year the series is scheduled in. After that, we play Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka in August (the series was initially scheduled to be held in India in the 2015/16 season but has been shifted to SL as a part of the deal for them agreeing to come to India for the 5 ODIs last month). That could be a tricky series. Sri Lanka have, by far, the best spin attack in the world and our current batsmen aren't the greatest against spin as the likes of Moeen Ali and Nathan Lyon would testify. If Sanga doesn't retire from Tests, they'll still have more than a solid line up too.

The home series vs SA initially scheduled for Oct 2015 has apparently been shifted to March 2016 as per the new proposed FTP following the Big 3 takeover. Since both the home series scheduled during late 2015 have been either preponed (SL) or postponed (SA), there is a gap in our calendar during Oct-Nov, which the BCCI may fill by roping in another team (possibly NZ). After that, we are scheduled to tour Pak i.e. the UAE in Dec during Dec subject to Govt clearance.

Interesting times ahead.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:39 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:India are expected to win at home and lose to decent sides overseas. Seeing as they're only touring Bangladesh next year, they're unlikely to lose that. The South Africa tour will be tough, but if there's a side who are going to beat you at home it's the Saffers.

India again don't seem to have far to fall, a poor showing at the World Cup is unlikely.

India are touring Pakistan as well plus a home series against SA also an away tour to Sri lanka.
But england still have the toughest games this year and probably drop the most out of all the teams.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Making_Splinters » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:45 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:India are expected to win at home and lose to decent sides overseas. Seeing as they're only touring Bangladesh next year, they're unlikely to lose that. The South Africa tour will be tough, but if there's a side who are going to beat you at home it's the Saffers.

India again don't seem to have far to fall, a poor showing at the World Cup is unlikely.

India are touring Pakistan as well plus a home series against SA also an away tour to Sri lanka.
But england still have the toughest games this year and probably drop the most out of all the teams.

The Sri Lanka series was originally a home series I believe, the FTP hadn't updated. Missed the UAE series, but India aren't really expected to win series against decent sides oveseas.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:11 pm

From this stage the series against Sri lanka and Pakistan are tough to call.
Bit silly to say india should expect to lose against Sri lanka/pakistan in Subcontinental conditions just because india are away from home.
India should honestly win all their test series next year with a par being one series loss or 2 drawn series or one loss and one drawn series.
Yes india are poor travellers away from home in alien conditions but then again all team apart from SA are the same.

From all the fixture next year England are the most likely to decline the most.

India have pretty much every test in subcontinental condition in the next 24 months so they really should be winning most of their games or series.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Making_Splinters » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:19 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:From this stage the series against Sri lanka and Pakistan are tough to call.
Bit silly to say india should expect to lose against Sri lanka/pakistan in Subcontinental conditions just because india are away from home.
India should honestly win all their test series next year with a par being one series loss or 2 drawn series or one loss and one drawn series.
Yes india are poor travellers away from home in alien conditions but then again all team apart from SA are the same.

From all the fixture next year England are the most likely to decline the most.

India have pretty much every test in subcontinental condition in the next 24 months so they really should be winning most of their games or series.

India should win in Sri Lanka but based on Pakistan's performance this year it is hard to see India winning.

I said above that England are the side most likely to go downhill followed by New Zealand who have potentially difficult tours to England, South Africa and Australia.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:35 pm

India vs Sri lanka series will be a coin toss especially if it is over 2 or 3 test matches.
if Sangakkara is not there then india would have the better batting line up but Sri lanka would have the better spinners.

Also quite hard to read anything on Pakistan performance one minute their are brilliant and the next so crap also for some reason Pakistan always lose or struggle against Sri Lanka and for some reason Sri Lanka always struggle against India.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby shankycricket » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:33 pm

Eh? We haven't won a Test series in Sri Lanka since 1993. Are you getting confused with the ODIs? I really don't understand how India, the way we've been playing spin, are, in any way, favourites against Pak and SL, both strong sides in their own den (well, in Pakistan's case, in the UAE).
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:28 pm

Didn't say their were favourites just said anyone could win it and If india want's to be a good side they really should be winning these test series and india should be looking to win all their series next year with anything more than one series loss being a failure in my eyes.
India really shouldn't lose to Sri lanka, Pakistan, South Africa in Subcontinental conditions can account for one loss but anything more than that and india would have had a bad year in my eyes.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby The Waugh Twins » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:54 pm

NZ just had there best ever year, so you would think they have the best chance of doing worse.
The Waugh Twins

Team(s) Supported: United, Giants, Yankees, Galaxy, Oz cricket, CollyWobles

Postby Alviro Patterson » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:57 pm

West Indies current plight doesn't show any signs of resolving now that Gayle has publically criticised WICB for omitting Bravo and Pollard for the World Cup squad.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby backfootpunch » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:08 am

sri lanka will more than likely be losing jayawardena/dilshan and kumar sangakarra

there bowling is already terrible and it appears there batting is going to equal it

can see them vying with the windies as the worst proper team in international cricket
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu May 14, 2015 9:38 pm

look like 31% of people were correct.
Surprised West Indies had 3 votes, how low could they drop from their positions, they could only really go in one direction.

it has only been 5 months into the year but England would surely win the title.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:03 pm

looks like 29% of the people were wrong, Actually thought more people voted for england but wasn't that high in the end.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Who voted Australia? Maybe if they lose to NZ, it'll be them.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby from_the_stands » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Who voted Australia? Maybe if they lose to NZ, it'll be them.

We have to beat Bangladesh first, and I can see us struggling there.
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

PreviousNext

Return to Cricket Opinion Polls