June Domestic Player of the Month

Cast Your Vote!

June Domestic Player of the Month

Postby The Professor » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:35 am

Been tricky to pick one for Domestic as I thought it would be nice to select someone who has been equally as potent in the Royal London One Day Cup as well as in the Championship…I think I have found my man. Gloucestershire’s Chris Dent has bookended his June with two big scores: one in a 50 over game, one in a longer form game as well as peppering the rest of his month with some equally strong performances. On the 5th June Dent picked up 100 and a wicket in a One Day Cup match against Somerset. Fast forward to the other end of the calendar, he bagged 165 yesterday in a heavily rain affected game in the County Championship vs Leicester. Annoyingly for him and his team, Gloucestershire won neither of these games. His other big score of this month came against Hampshire, where he scored 142…..and his team lost. Whilst he may not be their lucky charm, he is their biggest scorer. Overall this month, across both competitions, he has averaged 53.2. His very part time bowling has seen him get three wickets at an average of 19.7. It is no wonder he is being whispered about as a potential England player.

Anyone got any other candidates?
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Re: June Domestic Player of the Month

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:26 am

Jennings and Patterson have been on form lately.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Return to Cricket Opinion Polls