The Jadeja Anderson Spat

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: The Jadeja Anderson Spat

Postby hopeforthebest » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:10 pm

ddb wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:
ddb wrote:
D/L wrote:
ddb wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/sports-news/cricketnews/anderson-pushed-jadeja-called-him-a-f-ing-c-t/article1-1247670.aspx

I think we may be forgiven for not taking a report of the incident in the Hindustan Times too seriously.

It's on Cricinfo again.

ddb, why do you keep saying it's on cricinfo as if they are a source of all truth. They are no different from any other media outlet who are willing to reprint any rumour and gossip that comes their way.

Because it isn't rumour.

Anyway the judge has spoken.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-i ... 66609.html

That's interesting, it seems the judge decided everyone to a certain extent was lying.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Postby Dilbert » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:56 pm

"According to Anderson's version of the incident it was Jadeja who was the aggressor and without provocation. In the corridor, as they approached the steps that led upstairs, Anderson said that Jadeja suddenly turned around and aggressively came towards him and 'got right up in my face'. He said he instinctively put up his hands as Jadeja still had a cricket bat in his hand. He said that he put up his hands in a defensive manner because of the way in which Jadeja came at him. Anderson claims to have been completely taken aback by Jadeja's 'aggressive action'.

Thats pathetic. Did Anderson forget what he was doing, on the field, in front of cameras 5 mins back? Even if we believe Andersons story (however made up it sounds), how can he claim Jadeja "was the aggressor and without provocation"?

This is typical bully behaviour. They will taunt, to the point the opposing party snaps and lunges at you. They then DONT put their hands up in a defensive manner. They become even more violent and more aggressive. Thats their basic nature. They are never "taken aback" by the aggression of their target, they expect him to do it.
Idiots.
2012 IPL prediction guru
2012 World T20 champs prediction guru
2012-13 India-Pakistan LO prediction guru
2013 SA vs Pakistan Tests prediction guru
2016 World T20 champs prediction guru
Dilbert

Team(s) Supported: India all the way !

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:11 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:
ddb, why do you keep saying it's on cricinfo as if they are a source of all truth. They are no different from any other media outlet who are willing to reprint any rumour and gossip that comes their way.

Cricinfo are quoting from official reports of the hearing. They have given credibility to allegations made by the BCCI that Anderson didn't deny, maybe that could be seen as biased, I don't know if that is normal journalistic practice. But they certainly not making this up. They're not spinning it much- just reporting what is said.

British medial outlet have tended to motivated to avoid embarrassing the ECB. I think I'd rather get this news from cricinfo than anywhere else.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby hopeforthebest » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:

Cricinfo are quoting from official reports of the hearing. They have given credibility to allegations made by the BCCI than Anderson didn't deny, maybe that could be seen as biased, I don't know if that is normal journalistic practice. But they certainly not making this up. They're not spinning it much- just reporting what is said.

You're behind the order of debate AC, my comment was when they were quoting from another source. Since they now have access to the official statement my later comment i'e "That's interesting, it seems the judge decided everyone to a certain extent was lying." is more relevant.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

hopeforthebest

Postby D/L » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:16 pm

ddb wrote:
D/L wrote:
ddb wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/sports-news/cricketnews/anderson-pushed-jadeja-called-him-a-f-ing-c-t/article1-1247670.aspx

I think we may be forgiven for not taking a report of the incident in the Hindustan Times too seriously.

It's on Cricinfo again.

Must be true then. :roll:
D/L

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Wakefield Trinity RLFC, Leeds Carnegie RUFC.

Postby Aidan11 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:16 pm

The only winners here were the lawyers.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby D/L » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Dilbert wrote:
"According to Anderson's version of the incident it was Jadeja who was the aggressor and without provocation. In the corridor, as they approached the steps that led upstairs, Anderson said that Jadeja suddenly turned around and aggressively came towards him and 'got right up in my face'. He said he instinctively put up his hands as Jadeja still had a cricket bat in his hand. He said that he put up his hands in a defensive manner because of the way in which Jadeja came at him. Anderson claims to have been completely taken aback by Jadeja's 'aggressive action'.

Thats pathetic. Did Anderson forget what he was doing, on the field, in front of cameras 5 mins back? Even if we believe Andersons story (however made up it sounds), how can he claim Jadeja "was the aggressor and without provocation"?

This is typical bully behaviour. They will taunt, to the point the opposing party snaps and lunges at you. They then DONT put their hands up in a defensive manner. They become even more violent and more aggressive. Thats their basic nature. They are never "taken aback" by the aggression of their target, they expect him to do it.
Idiots.

A not unexpectedly partisan interpretation of events based upon the supposition that Anderson is a "bully", which is rather unbelievable.

The chances are that the judge has got it right and that a little spat has been built up into something that it never was and that both sides have been a little economical with the truth.
D/L

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Wakefield Trinity RLFC, Leeds Carnegie RUFC.

Postby pompeymeowth » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Fast bowlers are generally intimidating, big figures, in stature and usually, vocality. A batsman often has to bear the brunt of oaths, hard stares and all manner of sledging.

It looks as though Anderson kept on at Jadeja as they were leaving the field and in the end Jadeja has reacted.

I don't like to label Jimmy as a bully but he has been clearly stood up to and didn't like it one bit. You reap what you sow, time, the devil brrm brrm and all that.
pompeymeowth

Team(s) Supported: Sussex. Cruzeiro and Pompey of course.

Postby shankycricket » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Quite amusing to see the English posters on here (bar a few exceptions) trying to brush this under the carpet and pretending that nothing happened when their own team had hypocritically charged Jadeja with a Level 2 offence after initially shrugging off the incident. It just felt like a pathetic 'tit for tat' strategy. To suggest that all is rosey especially after what Anderson has admitted to is frankly laughable. I don't think Jadeja, who earns by the million in the IPL every year would be particularly concerned by a fine of 50% match fee. It was more a case of fighting for the justice, which is why MSD was clearly miffed at his fine. I'm not sure Jadeja is entirely innocent in all this but Anderson getting away without even a fine is frankly ludicrous unless of course this is meant to be an endorsement for further f**king c**t abuses to be spouted on the field. Just looks like a successful, pathetic cover up by the ECB who have flexed their muscles yet again.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby shankycricket » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:54 pm

As Red said though, I'm not at all surprised by the verdict. This is not the first time an England player or Anderson himself, for that matter, gotten away with such kind of nonsense and it won't be the last.

After all, Broad once got away after deliberately throwing the ball on an opposition player DURING the course of play.
The notion that its only the BCCI that controls the sport is hilarious given ECB's history of getting away with on-field thuggery on numerous occasions in what is, essentially supposed to be, a non-contact sport. Oh Well!
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby hopeforthebest » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:12 pm

shankycricket wrote:Quite amusing to see the English posters on here (bar a few exceptions) trying to brush this under the carpet and pretending that nothing happened when their own team had hypocritically charged Jadeja with a Level 2 offence after initially shrugging off the incident. It just felt like a pathetic 'tit for tat' strategy. To suggest that all is rosey especially after what Anderson has admitted to is frankly laughable. I don't think Jadeja, who earns by the million in the IPL every year would be particularly concerned by a fine of 50% match fee. It was more a case of fighting for the justice, which is why MSD was clearly miffed at his fine. I'm not sure Jadeja is entirely innocent in all this but Anderson getting away without even a fine is frankly ludicrous unless of course this is meant to be an endorsement for further f**king c**t abuses to be spouted on the field. Just looks like a successful, pathetic cover up by the ECB who have flexed their muscles yet again.

I don't think you've been reading very carefully, a fair summation of posts would conclude that most India supporters believe every word coming from the India camp and claim every thing coming from the England camp are lies. Most England supporters are sceptical of the stories from both sides and feel the whole business should never have ended up with a judge presiding.

hopeforthebest

Postby Dilbert » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:31 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:
shankycricket wrote:Quite amusing to see the English posters on here (bar a few exceptions) trying to brush this under the carpet and pretending that nothing happened when their own team had hypocritically charged Jadeja with a Level 2 offence after initially shrugging off the incident. It just felt like a pathetic 'tit for tat' strategy. To suggest that all is rosey especially after what Anderson has admitted to is frankly laughable. I don't think Jadeja, who earns by the million in the IPL every year would be particularly concerned by a fine of 50% match fee. It was more a case of fighting for the justice, which is why MSD was clearly miffed at his fine. I'm not sure Jadeja is entirely innocent in all this but Anderson getting away without even a fine is frankly ludicrous unless of course this is meant to be an endorsement for further f**king c**t abuses to be spouted on the field. Just looks like a successful, pathetic cover up by the ECB who have flexed their muscles yet again.

I don't think you've been reading very carefully, a fair summation of posts would conclude that most India supporters believe every word coming from the India camp and claim every thing coming from the England camp are lies. Most England supporters are sceptical of the stories from both sides and feel the whole business should never have ended up with a judge presiding.

To be fair, not one of the Indian posters were bothered at all about this. What irked many on here was the way this unfolded later. ECB and Cook said it was a nothing incident, then they threatened to accuse Jadeja if the Indians didn't withdraw, which they did - as a sort of tit for tat. Then Andersons hearing gets postponed (for no plausible reason) whereas Jadeja is fined. [which i think was a right decision]. There 2 important things happened. Prior and Stokes, from their testimony, clearly indicated it was a level 3 offence FROM Jadeja. So how come ECB and Cook thought it was a minor incident earlier? That clearly indicated they were lying.
Then Anderson admits pushing, cursing and still gets away scott free. Yes, there was no video evidence (very convenient to turn off the camera that day) but to come to a conclusion that both go unpunished at all is frankly ridiculous. This clearly shows who's flexing muscles.

And no, we don't think Jadeja is completely blameless but definitely Anderson is by far the most responsible for what happened. He couldn't shut up. He wanted Jadeja to react. And really, do you believe the crap about Jadeja being the aggressor without provocation?

He taunted and sledged to the point Jadeja snapped and lunged at him. Then he talks about putting his hands up in a defensive manner and was "taken aback" by the aggression of Jadeja. Thats BS.

So going by the events, we can see where Anderson was wrong, and got away with it, without even talking about what Jadeja had done. As it was obvious Anderson had provoked, pushed and bullied his way through, they dropped charges on Jadeja to make sure Anderson goes scott free.
2012 IPL prediction guru
Dilbert

Postby Red Devil » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:32 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:

No, quite right. India should have done as they were told at the start when the ECB wanted the whole thing dropped. Frankly ludicrous of India to think any justice was possible given years and years of evidence to suggest that was highly unlikely - sheer stupidity really. I say that as someone who had (and expressed) complete confidence from the outset that it didn't matter at all what had or hadn't happened, Anderson would be found not guilty.

Still, at least everyone but the ICC, ECB and Eng fans now can clearly see just what kind of person Jimmy Anderson is (his own favourite phrase of F****** C*** seems to sum him up pretty well) - and also what an absolute joke it is for the ECB or the Eng team to ever mention the spirit of cricket. Bunch of hypocrites - the lot of them.
FL Titles
2008 Ban v NZ ODIs India v Aus Tests India v Eng ODIs
2009 NZ v WI Tests NZ v India ODIs SA v Aust ODIs Aus v WI Tests '08/09 Premier League Football
2010 SA v Eng Tests County Championship Div 1 County Championship Div 2 India v NZ Tests SL v WI Tests
2011 CMS Cricinfo World Cup County Championship Div 2
2012 Pak v Eng Tests SL v Ind ODIs County Championship Div 2 Champs League T20
2013 Ind v Aus Tests NZ v Eng T20/ODI NZ v Eng Tests County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 NZ v WI Tests '13/14 Aus v Eng Tests
2014 NZ v Ind ODIs CMS Cricinfo T20 World Cup County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 Aus MB One Day Cup SL v Eng ODIs
2015 CMS Cricinfo ODI World Cup Eng v NZ combined Natwest T20
2016 Big Bash T20 Sheffield Shield Kia Womens T20 Natwest T20 Blast County Fantasy Manager WI v Pak T20/ODI combined Rio Olympics
2017 Womens Big Bash T20 Womens ODI World Cup Eng v WI Tests County Championship Div 1 Eng v WI ODIs Aus JLT One Day Cup Ind v SL Tests NZ v WI Tests Ind v SL T20s
2018 Aus v Eng ODIs Womens Big Bash T20 Trans Tasman T20s Sheffield Shield Pak v WI T20s NZ v Eng Tests Eng v Aus ODIs Royal London County One Day WI v Ban Test/ODI Combined Women's Super League T20 Natwest T20 Blast Caribbean Premier League T20 County Championship Div 1 Women's T20 World Cup '17/18 Premier League Fantasy Football
2019 NZ v SL Test/ODI Combined WI v Eng Tests Big Bash T20 NZ v Ban Tests ICC World Cup Single Wicket Women's Big Bash T20 All Year Fant Comp
2020 Big Bash T20 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI Bob Willis Trophy Natwest T20 Blast Aus v Ind ODI/T20 Combined
2021 Ind v Eng ODIs
Red Junior's Titles
2016 Eng v Pak ODIs (aged 6)
2017 Eng v SA Tests Ind v NZ ODIs
2018 Aus JLT One Day Cup
2019 NZ v Eng T20s Aus Marsh One Day Cup
2020 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI IPL T20
Red Twins Titles
2021 Aus v Ind Tests (aged 7) Ind v Eng T20s
Red Devil

Team(s) Supported: India, Manchester United

Postby Dilbert » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Maybe, this new found harmony in the Eng dressing room is all about this - they all think the opposition is a F****** C***. And you need to support your team mates whatever they do.
Guess KP didn't subscribe to this philosophy. Maybe thats why he thought his Captn was a F****** C***
2012 IPL prediction guru
Dilbert

Postby hopeforthebest » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Dilbert wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:

To be fair, not one of the Indian posters were bothered at all about this. What irked many on here was the way this unfolded later. ECB and Cook said it was a nothing incident, then they threatened to accuse Jadeja if the Indians didn't withdraw, which they did - as a sort of tit for tat. Then Andersons hearing gets postponed (for no plausible reason) whereas Jadeja is fined. [which i think was a right decision]. There 2 important things happened. Prior and Stokes, from their testimony, clearly indicated it was a level 3 offence FROM Jadeja. So how come ECB and Cook thought it was a minor incident earlier? That clearly indicated they were lying.
Then Anderson admits pushing, cursing and still gets away scott free. Yes, there was no video evidence (very convenient to turn off the camera that day) but to come to a conclusion that both go unpunished at all is frankly ridiculous. This clearly shows who's flexing muscles.

And no, we don't think Jadeja is completely blameless but definitely Anderson is by far the most responsible for what happened. He couldn't shut up. He wanted Jadeja to react. And really, do you believe the crap about Jadeja being the aggressor without provocation?

He taunted and sledged to the point Jadeja snapped and lunged at him. Then he talks about putting his hands up in a defensive manner and was "taken aback" by the aggression of Jadeja. Thats BS.

So going by the events, we can see where Anderson was wrong, and got away with it, without even talking about what Jadeja had done. As it was obvious Anderson had provoked, pushed and bullied his way through, they dropped charges on Jadeja to make sure Anderson goes scott free.

I think quite a number of us agree that Anderson got away with something and that he was the principle in the events that occurred. His onfield behaviour was unacceptable and that alone deserved some kind of sanction and had Dhoni handled it better he may well have received such a sanction.

hopeforthebest

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket