Countdown to Twenty Three Hundreds.

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Countdown to Twenty Three Hundreds.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:00 pm

But I'm genuinely sorry if I have annoyed you Robert. This is what I feel. I'm sorry if you think that is unsatisfactory, and to an extent I can understand your point of view. Whatever their personal strengths and weaknesses, I do wish everyone well.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Robert » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I said I couldn't know his motives, or even if he knew he did it. Colly had that awareness though. Which gave him extra value as a player.

Sorry, but your "awareness" argument is specious - by invoking Boycott's comment, you're accepting that the player knows exactly what he's doing.
Robert

Postby shankycricket » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Mountain out of a molehill and all that!
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Robert wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:I said I couldn't know his motives, or even if he knew he did it. Colly had that awareness though. Which gave him extra value as a player.

Sorry, but your "awareness" argument is specious - by invoking Boycott's comment, you're accepting that the player knows exactly what he's doing.

So, if he knows then fair enough. If he doesn't, then I was out of line.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby rich1uk » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:09 pm

dont think anything you said was "out of line" AC

not your fault if people aren't capable of understanding what you said and why you said it
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby shankycricket » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:12 pm

I guess its about time we shut this topic. Its a fairly moot point really.

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Postby Robert » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:14 pm

rich1uk wrote:dont think anything you said was "out of line" AC

not your fault if people aren't capable of understanding what you said and why you said it

And you're certain that he's talking about Trott, a player whom he's rarely if ever been even remotely critical of?
Robert

Postby shankycricket » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Robert wrote:

And you're certain that he's talking about Trott, a player whom he's rarely if ever been even remotely critical of?

He never said he was certain.
:?

shankycricket

Postby shankycricket » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:22 pm

No one aside from AC knows whom he is actually talking about. We can all speculate whatever we want. But none of us know he is.

Anyways, this is a pointless discussion. Far better things to chat about.

shankycricket

Postby rich1uk » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Robert wrote:

as i said , what he said wasn't a criticism , unlike yourself not everything that people post on here is meant negatively

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:26 pm

I don't want to say who I mean because this is my impression. Because it is a difficult thing to prove. i can see that it might be better that I don't offer any comment at all, but I really thought it would just slide by and stand as a tribute to Paul Collingwood. Though if a journalist, made the comment, I would be critical. On a MB, among frequent posters, i thought it might be acceptable and inoffensive. Again, if by being slightly critical of one of eleven England players, that it might be inferred that I meant Bell, then of course, that is wrong.

In the spirit of usual CMS goodwill, I'd rather not comment further, and will accept as valid any further criticism.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby shankycricket » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:26 pm

rich1uk wrote:
Robert wrote:

as i said , what he said wasn't a criticism , unlike yourself not everything that people post on here is meant negatively

:thumb

shankycricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:28 pm

And, in the spirit of the thread, hope we chalk up a couple of tons tomorrow.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Robert » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:32 pm

rich1uk wrote:
Robert wrote:

But it is a criticism & a pretty striking one, though he's trying to hide behind a figleaf (might be lack of "awareness" on the part of the player). If he's going to make insinuations like that, then I think he should have the integrity to state them openly - this is after all an anonymous message board.
Robert

Postby rich1uk » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:56 pm

i repeat its not a criticism if you understood the intent behind the comment , something you quite clearly have failed to do

it is possible to be objective in a comment about a player which may seem negative without it actually being so

AC isn't prepared to say this but i'm pissed off and i dont care if i upset anyone

i am fairly confident he was talking about trott, the rationale behind the comment was that trott becomes so focussed on his own little world when he was batting he probably wouldn't realise whether he needed to take a single to maybe get a new batsman off strike or whether he needed to be ready to back up to take a quick single when a new batsman was on 0 and would be desperate to get off strike

now it would only be a criticism if he was suggesting he did this deliberatly , something that i am again fairly sure was not intended

we have all seen trott so lost in his own world that hes still taking his mark even after the umpires have called for lunch or for tea etc etc , or not even realise when hes gone to a 50 or a 100 or even on occasion when hes just hit the winning runs in a game

now if you want to believe thats meant to be seen as being critical then you are wrong , its actually in a way a back-handed compliment of trott's mental strength that he is able to just tune out everything thats going on around him when hes at the crease

apologies AC if i have got any of this wrong but as i said above i was pissed off

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket