The Road to the 2015 World Cup

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: The Road to the 2015 World Cup

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:It sounds like Holland will qualify, and then two out of a pre WC tournament in NZ. Which is a good idea, as it involves many more associates into the periphery of the competition.

That will be Scotland, Afghanistan, Canada, Kenya, Namibia and UAE. And two more from the next level, who have no chance. USA? Bermuda?

nothing is certain, qualification is in Afghanistan hands, they win all their games and they go through, holland and the rest of teams are dependent on result to go their way.
I can post the permutation later when I find them.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby dan08 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:It sounds like Holland will qualify, and then two out of a pre WC tournament in NZ. Which is a good idea, as it involves many more associates into the periphery of the competition.

That will be Scotland, Afghanistan, Canada, Kenya, Namibia and UAE. And two more from the next level, who have no chance. USA? Bermuda?

The qualifier will be between Kenya, Namibia, Canada, PNG, Hong Kong, Nepal, Uganda and probably UAE, Scotland and Afghanistan.

Afghanistan and Scotland would be the clear favourites but i wouldn't write off Kenya, UAE and Nepal.
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Some possible ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 automatic qualification scenarios

Scotland beats Ireland 2-0
Netherlands beats Canada 2-0
Afghanistan beats Namibia and Kenya 4-0
UAE beats Canada and Namibia 4-0

Ireland 20 points, Netherlands 19 points, Afghanistan 19 points, Scotland 19 points and UAE 18 points. Ireland wins ICC World Cricket League Championship and qualifies for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 while net run-rate to decide which team from Netherlands, Afghanistan and Scotland finishes second and qualifies for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Scotland draws with Ireland 1-1

Ireland 22 points, Netherlands 19 points, Afghanistan 19 points, UAE 18 points and Scotland 17 points. Ireland wins ICC World Cricket League Championship and qualifies for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 while net run-rate to decide which team from Netherlands and Afghanistan finishes second and qualifies for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Ireland beats Scotland 2-0

Ireland 24 points, Netherlands 19 points, Afghanistan 19 points, UAE 18 points and Scotland 15 points. Ireland wins ICC World Cricket League Championship and qualifies for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 while net run-rate to decide which team from Netherlands and Afghanistan finishes second and qualifies for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Ireland beats Scotland 2-0, or a 1-1 draw
Canada beats Netherlands 2-0, or a 1 – 1 draw
Namibia or Kenya beat Afghanistan 2-0, or a 1 – 1 draw

Ireland wins ICC World Cricket League Championship and qualifies for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 while the UAE (on 18 points) finishes second and qualifies for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby dan08 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:54 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:

nothing is certain, qualification is in Afghanistan hands, they win all their games and they go through, holland and the rest of teams are dependent on result to go their way.

If AFG win their remaining 4 games then they will finish on 19 points, if Netherlands win their final 2 games they will also finish on 19 points. Netherlands have got a much better NRR so i expect them to make the WC.
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Though both will get to the WC, eventually. The more difficult question is who will join them.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 pm

England's_No7 wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:

If AFG win their remaining 4 games then they will finish on 19 points, if Netherlands win their final 2 games they will also finish on 19 points. Netherlands have got a much better NRR so i expect them to make the WC.

yep, Dahm, it looks likely Holland would be in the other group, sadly it seems Afghanistan would be in the same group as Ireland, Afghanistan and ireland are the two minnows that are likely to be competitive and win games, at least bangladesh are in the other group, otherwise it would have been 2011 again.
I would prefer ICC to manipulate the group for the minnows instead of getting heavyweight clashes.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby shankycricket » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Hope to meet you up at the MCG, FTS!
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:28 pm

You going Shanks?
Arthur Crabtree

Postby shankycricket » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Hopefully, for the latter half. After the 10th of March or maybe just before the quarters. Gotta check out the packages, etc.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:38 pm

I would love to go, but I would probably be broke, gonna go to all the games for the india vs england series, + all days for the test match.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Next year? You're going to all days of a Test, and all the ODIs (5?) when India tour England?

I think you might be able to fly to Australia for that much money.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:56 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Next year? You're going to all days of a Test, and all the ODIs (5?) when India tour England?

I think you might be able to fly to Australia for that much money.

yep,every 4 years I will be saving money for this particular series.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:05 pm

I'd like to say I hope you have a better time than last time, but I suppose I wouldn't mean it... So you travel round to all the different ODIs?

The Oval Test is the one I'd like to see as I've not been there. Often a bit of a pain getting tickets for home games. I was coincidentally in London for the final day of the Lord's Test against India in 2011, but the ground was sold out from walk ups by about 8am!

I usually go to all of the Trent Bridge Test, but could only get tickets for three days this time.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:21 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I'd like to say I hope you have a better time than last time, but I suppose I wouldn't mean it... So you travel round to all the different ODIs?

The Oval Test is the one I'd like to see as I've not been there. Often a bit of a pain getting tickets for home games. I was coincidentally in London for the final day of the Lord's Test against India in 2011, but the ground was sold out from walk ups by about 8am!

I usually go to all of the Trent Bridge Test, but could only get tickets for three days this time.

funny enough that is how barmy army started and grew, most barmy army members don't go to home england games because of the price, instead they book their holidays around England, because it is cheaper to watch cricket abroad then actually go to England and watch them, can't blame them imagine watching cricket in the Caribbean or sri lanka or even new zealand.

funny enough most members probably don't like England Visiting Australia or India often, most prefer the new zealand, Sri lanka or Caribbean tours.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:31 pm

Sri Lanka and West Indies will put up prices when England are visiting. Though not for Australia.
Arthur Crabtree

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket