Ben Stokes

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Ben Stokes

Postby Making_Splinters » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:09 pm

I've never really understood the ECBs handling of this matter. Yes, it initially made sense that he would be removed from the selection pool while there was a criminal investigation hanging over him, but then they let him go and play in New Zealand and be in the IPL auction. He's an ECB employee, it doesn't matter who he's playing for it's essentially the same as him playing for England.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Adi » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:00 pm

So i guess he will play in IPL. Rajasthan Royals will be pleased to know he is available.
Jonty: The scientist of fielding.

2010 - World 20/20, Eng Vs Aus ODI, Pak Vs Aus Tests, Ashes

2011 - Eng Vs Aus ODI, Eng Vs Sri ODI, Friends Life Twenty20, Eng Vs Ind ODI

2012 - NZ Vs SA ODI, Eng Vs SA T20, CMS Cricinfo World T20

2013 - Caribbean T20 , Bangladesh Premier League T20 , WI Vs ZIM ODI's + Tests (Combo), IPL, Yorkshire Bank Pro40

2015 ICC World Cup, Matador Cup, Ind Vs SA Tests, Bangladesh Premier League T20

2016 Ind Vs Aus ODI's and T20's (Combo), Eng Vs SA ODI, Ind Vs WI Tests, Ind Vs NZ Tests,WI Vs Pak Tests, Aus Vs Pak Tests, Big Bash (Men)

2017 SL Vs Aus T20, SA Vs NZ ODI, Aus Vs Ind Tests, WI Vs Pak 4 T20, IND Vs NZ T20
Adi

Postby Adi » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:09 am

Has made a decent comeback considering he missed lot of matches since the brawl.
Jonty: The scientist of fielding.

2010 - World 20/20, Eng Vs Aus ODI, Pak Vs Aus Tests, Ashes

2011 - Eng Vs Aus ODI, Eng Vs Sri ODI, Friends Life Twenty20, Eng Vs Ind ODI

2012 - NZ Vs SA ODI, Eng Vs SA T20, CMS Cricinfo World T20

2013 - Caribbean T20 , Bangladesh Premier League T20 , WI Vs ZIM ODI's + Tests (Combo), IPL, Yorkshire Bank Pro40

2015 ICC World Cup, Matador Cup, Ind Vs SA Tests, Bangladesh Premier League T20

2016 Ind Vs Aus ODI's and T20's (Combo), Eng Vs SA ODI, Ind Vs WI Tests, Ind Vs NZ Tests,WI Vs Pak Tests, Aus Vs Pak Tests, Big Bash (Men)

2017 SL Vs Aus T20, SA Vs NZ ODI, Aus Vs Ind Tests, WI Vs Pak 4 T20, IND Vs NZ T20
Adi

Postby bigfluffylemon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Trial date is set for August 6th, slab dab middle of the India test series. You do have to wonder if they did that on purpose.

Is five months from plea hearing to trial date normal? Is it just because of the case load of the court, or the time needed for parties to prepare (surely not, after six months from the incident), or another reason?

It's not actually on a test match day, but it's one day after the first test concludes. And it could easily go on long enough to eat into the second test. Even if it doesn't, you'd have to assume Ben will miss the second test, as he'll miss all the preparation. And would you pick him for the first test (his mind may well not be on the job in hand)?

I'm not saying the court has a duty to work around his schedule, far from it. If you're appearing on a criminal charge, your personal inconvenience is the last thing the court should care about. But the timing, if coincidental, seems to be rather unfortunate.
bigfluffylemon

Team(s) Supported: England. Australia.
Any team playing good cricket in the right spirit.

Previous

Return to International Cricket