Big Three take over ICC?

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Big Three take over ICC?

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:43 pm

not confirmed yet though they still need to get the 8 votes for it to get passed through.
nice to see ecb lose money, last week it was reported they still keep the money and only bcci loses money.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Making_Splinters » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:45 pm

The BCCI is taking by far the largest hit and while the ECB is losing some revenue it is not nearly on the same scale.

That is of course assuming this all gets passed, which I view as slightly unlikely given what the BCCI stands to lose.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Alviro Patterson » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:00 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:not confirmed yet though they still need to get the 8 votes for it to get passed through.
nice to see ecb lose money, last week it was reported they still keep the money and only bcci loses money.

Just as well for the ECB reserves of £70 Million, sure to come in handy when the revenue streams are altered mid-period.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:47 pm

TBH the differentials shouldn't make too much of a difference to ECB considering vast majority of their money comes from bilateral games, it barely registers in the fiances.
even what BCCI loses would be nothing in the grand scheme of things.
When you considering Sky fund what 45% of the income ECB gets with the other 55% coming from india, hardly much comes from ICC.

ECB might not even lose money if they add another ICC events.
if they don't they only losing 10-20M us Doller over 7 yrs which is basically nothing for them.

Be interesting to see what happens though because at the moment only BCCI are losing out, ECB only lose out if ICC get a reduction on what their expecting and no T20 world cup every 2 yrs.

not sure ECB deserve a increase in income or the same money for their part in the big 3.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Although one of the misleading part of all the figures in the ICC stuff is that they make it look like it is huge money for the likes of ECB/BCCI etc.
ECB are supposedly going to get 120-125 US Dollors overs 8 yrs to put that into perspective ECB get 50-60M a year from Sky so they basically getting ICC revenue from Sky ever 2-3 yrs.
if india tours they basically getting what ICC gives them in 8 yrs in one summer.
add in the fact ECB expected to triple what they get from home tv rights they will end up getting what ICC pay them every single season just from bilateral games.

ICC income is peanuts compared to what they earn elsewhere.
Although only Australia, England and india don't really need the ICC money, the rest do.

Even what BCCI is losing isn't earth shattering but it will be impossible to decide how much to cut and then how much to cut for ECB and then decide what everyone else gets.
if I was in charge of BCCI at the moment wouldn't be happy with what BCCI getting and what ECB/CA getting, they basically getting Big 3 money and maybe more.
if the current deal gets passed through it would be a major coup for the Aussie and English boards.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Never understood the problem with the ICC keeping the money from ICC events to promote the game in terms of sustainability and breadth of interest. I wonder sometimes if the resentment from India fans is because they think the money is actually taken from the BCCI's own income. It's not obvious that the BCCI should get lots of money because the WC is popular in India. From ICC events, some prize money and expenses would be reasonable. India could host its own multinational ODI competitions. Ideally, there wouldn't be any hoovering up of this ICC money through corruption though.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:17 pm

TBH don't mind ICC keeping most of the money.
they use to anyway before bcci/ECB/CA asked for more money.
but if bcci getting cut then so should ECB/CA etc.
at the current projections only BCCI likely to lose money.
CA will make more, ECB at best level with the former big 3 model.

do find it funny of what happening considering the point of big 3 was that ICC wanted bcci/ECB etc to get along and now ICC are actively excluding BCCI from the discussion.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby rich1uk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:37 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
do find it funny of what happening considering the point of big 3 was that ICC wanted bcci/ECB etc to get along and now ICC are actively excluding BCCI from the discussion.

didn't realise that the ICC now acting like an actual governing body rather than just letting individual boards do what they wanted should be considered a bad thing

the BCCI aren't being excluded from the discussion, they are just not getting their own way ...
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:43 pm

TBH they were not part of the discussion for the new plans.
if it was really fair, ECB/CA would be losing way more money than it is written in the proposal.

Still not really a governing body if things are still getting decided on what suits natural board interest and not the global game.
if it was really a governing body, full membership wouldn't exist, Test Status/odi status/t20 status wouldn't be a thing and all ICC members will get the same cut from lowly gibralter to the high of india.

lets not kid ourselves to say ICC are becoming a global body, even now it is working the same way as before just that ECB/CA and the other board found a way to get more money and to get a policy that suit their interest.
because from the face of it looks likes CA/ECB will get the big 3 deal without the pr backlash since all the other boards are getting more money with india losing its gain.
from the face of it is a win-win for ECB/CA.
Last edited by Dr Cricket on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby rich1uk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:47 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:TBH they were not part of the discussion for the new plans.
if it was really fair, ECB/CA would be losing way more money than it is written in the proposal.

because you are not biased at all are you ...

maybe the ECB and CA aren't losing any money because under the old system they got roughly what they should have got and the BCCI were getting a shitload more than they were entitled to

but your bias wont let you consider that ...

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:51 pm

lol calling me bias on this lol.
would prefer if all the member actually got the same cut.
but I am correct in saying ECB/CA are getting a very good deal in this.
same or increase from the old model and getting a good PR since it looks like they are reforming ICC.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Was it that the present BCCI were not previously part of the discussions because the management has been overhauled at the behest of the court findings? The present BCCI will have some time to consider the case before the vote.

Of course, I don't think the ECB or CA should get preferential treatment at ICC events.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby rich1uk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:56 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:lol calling me bias on this lol.
same or increase from the old model and getting a good PR since it looks like they are reforming ICC.

sorry but when you make a comment "its nice to see the ECB lose money too" like you did earlier in the thread then you lose any pretence at impartiality

lol ...

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:56 pm

It's not impossible I suppose that there is corruption at the big three board level, which is why they want this cash flow. I notice hints to this effect, but no one says it outright.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:01 pm

rich1uk wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:lol calling me bias on this lol.

sorry but when you make a comment "its nice to see the ECB lose money too" like you did earlier in the thread then you lose any pretence at impartiality

lol ...

Well that comment was based on that they were part of the big 3 process and so off course they should lose money if the big 3 model gets scrapped please explain to me how it make sense for BCCI to be the only body to lose out in the current proposal from the big 3.
CA don't lose anything and make a slightly small gain if ICC adds events.
ECB most likely get the same amount.

lets not forget ECB/BCCI were together in the big 3 deal so they both should face the consequences if the model is changed.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket