Does he throw or not throw, that is the question.

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Does he throw or not throw, that is the question.

Postby Making_Splinters » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:41 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:How about the problem that SL thought he was alright to bowl, and actually defended him?

They have a history of being in denial about their players and have not been slow to accuse the accusers of racism when it suits them. That accusation often frightens people off.

The worrying thing is how far he was outside the limits. As soon as he was put under testing there was no defense of his action, and from the sounds of things he had been working with his Coach to try and get an action together that he could pass the tests with.

This result will no doubt see any future defence from Sri Lanka met with a large dose of cynism.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:03 pm

The worst is that he played a majour role in SL winning the one day games and pocketing the winners cash. So it's profitable to have such a bowler available and play him even after he's reported which I'm sure England would not have done with one of their bowlers.This 21 day rule should not be available to bowlers who've been previously tested for suspect actions.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Postby D/L » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:20 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:Most people agree that umpires can't tell the difference between 15 and 16 degrees of flex in real time. Here we have a bowler who is bowling at three times the limit, even when he is deliberately trying to alter his action, and yet he has not been no balled on the field of play. That is a little bit worrying.

Worrying, perhaps, but not surprising. Umpires who apply the laws of the game can find themselves out of favour with the ICC.
D/L

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Wakefield Trinity RLFC, Leeds Carnegie RUFC.

Postby Making_Splinters » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:29 pm

D/L wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:Most people agree that umpires can't tell the difference between 15 and 16 degrees of flex in real time. Here we have a bowler who is bowling at three times the limit, even when he is deliberately trying to alter his action, and yet he has not been no balled on the field of play. That is a little bit worrying.

Worrying, perhaps, but not surprising. Umpires who apply the laws of the game can find themselves out of favour with the ICC.

I say worrying because this isn't a marginal case, and the report states that his in game action would be even further past the limits. If umpires are not going to call bowlers who are so far beyond the limits then the way bowler's actions are dealt with in game needs changing.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby dan08 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Is Senanayake banned from all cricket then or just internationals? If it's all cricket then i doubt we'll see him bowling for a long time, needs a completely new action.
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:49 pm

SL are planning Sananayaka's return for the WC and hopefully the 7 ODI series at home against England. I bet they find a way.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka/co ... 60585.html
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

hopeforthebest

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:13 pm

dan08 wrote:Is Senanayake banned from all cricket then or just internationals? If it's all cricket then i doubt we'll see him bowling for a long time, needs a completely new action.

The reports say just international cricket.

If Senanayake was so over the permitted flex, and still allowed to bowl, it does make me wonder about others. Though he appeared to throw more than anyone else, even Ajmal.

Swann was talking on tms (I thought he was fine on the radio) about bowling a doosra. He said a Pakistan bowler in CC showed him how to do it. And with great effort Swann managed to bowl a bad doosra. So he asked the other bowler how you managed it without throwing, and was told 'you don't'!
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:
dan08 wrote:Is Senanayake banned from all cricket then or just internationals? If it's all cricket then i doubt we'll see him bowling for a long time, needs a completely new action.

The reports say just international cricket.

If Senanayake was so over the permitted flex, and still allowed to bowl, it does make me wonder about others. Though he appeared to throw more than anyone else, even Ajmal.

Swann was talking on tms (I thought he was fine on the radio) about bowling a doosra. He said a Pakistan bowler in CC showed him how to do it. And with great effort Swann managed to bowl a bad doosra. So he asked the other bowler how you managed it without throwing, and was told 'you don't'!

I heard that story from Swann and I must say his presence on TMS has been a real coup.

hopeforthebest

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:13 am

Williamson has been banned from bowling for NZ. How long has it taken to get to that decision, while he's been allowed to throw? At least not every action is getting waved through now.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby hopeforthebest » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:27 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Williamson has been banned from bowling for NZ. How long has it taken to get to that decision, while he's been allowed to throw? At least not every action is getting waved through now.

Will he still be bowling in th CC I wonder, even if the ban doesn't cover domestic games, surely not.

hopeforthebest

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:32 am

I think he's allowed to. I hope he doesn't.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Alviro Patterson » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Confirmed that Kane Williamson's ban extends to County games.

Just means Yorkshire are likely to bowl Adam Lyth more often, or Jack Leaning to turn his arm.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby sussexpob » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:50 pm

Seeing as though Yorkshire have fielded a person who has taken wickets in matches illegally, should there be any punishment for the team?

In my view, he has contributed to their net team output, so surely this has created an unfair advantage, even if most times he is bowling to give others a rest!!

Would a relay team who fielded a drugged up athlete be able to keep their medals if the other three are clean?

Surely Yorkshire should be docked some points?
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby hopeforthebest » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:13 pm

sussexpob wrote:Seeing as though Yorkshire have fielded a person who has taken wickets in matches illegally, should there be any punishment for the team?

In my view, he has contributed to their net team output, so surely this has created an unfair advantage, even if most times he is bowling to give others a rest!!

Would a relay team who fielded a drugged up athlete be able to keep their medals if the other three are clean?

Surely Yorkshire should be docked some points?

He was on report when bowling against Warwickshire and I think if we in England are so concerned about illegal bowling it was a bad move of Yorkshire to bowl him until he was cleared. Not in the right spirit even if within the law.

hopeforthebest

Postby SaintPowelly » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Should they be punished ? Possibly

Will they be ? Not a chance.
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket