Pataudi Trophy Predictions

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Pataudi Trophy Predictions

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Awards night. There's a rumour that Miley Cyrus and Piers Morgan are down to present the main award, and Kevin Pietersen is going to close the show singing All By Myself.

Special mention for Hampshire's nomination of Joe Root to be top scorer for England. A few got Jimmy Anderson as top wicket taker for England, but otherwise no one else scored in top wickets and runs category.

Splinters and myself got closest to naming the teams for the final Test. Though I picked Monty Panesar, who was the furthest name from the team. Most thought Stokes and Shami would last the course. Dan and GG blew out their debuts by picking Pandey.

The results:
On ten points, winner of a very nice set of one teak spoon: GG.
Don't drop it.

On eleven, clustered together like mythical dancing eighties Essex girls forming a tight protective barrier around their white handbags: Dan, cricketfan and splinters. No offence intended there about the women of your home county cricketfan. Er, of your mother's generation....

Taking the joint runners up spot on thirteen a transcontinental, transgenerational odd couple Shanky and Arthur. Goes to show there can be many paths to the same destination.

And our winner, Hampshire. Well deserved for healthy scores across the series, and identifying Joe Root's triumphant series back in the warmth of July. Well done Hampshire. You win eight free pints (collectable from me, should you be able to locate where I live).

Thanks all for participating. Please return your glasses to the bar. Over to Kevin...
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Previous

Return to International Cricket